Laser's US weapons

JAM 3

Afghanistan Island

Talibans

Barracks

CoCoC mines

Editor 103

You will also need the objects from BAS' Tonali island

Note:Cope and paste the below URL into your explorer for it to work properly.

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/islands2/BAS_O.rar

Mission Summary

US Army's operations center has detected Osama's fortress with the satelite. Now the US president has decided attack him and kill him. You've been chosen for him to command this operation. Your objective is kill Osama Bin Landen. In the mission you'll have the air and squad Bravo support

Known Bugs:

*None at moment

Features:

*Custom Music

*Air support by Balistic addons studio but it was modified by me

*Spark, fire and smoke scritp by CSLA team but it was modified by me

*Custom texts

*Heli dust script by Csla II team

Some pictures:

opj02.jpg

opj1crh.jpg

opj7.jpg

opj4.jpg

Mission Download

Edited by Aldo15

thanks for making the community this mission. hopefully someone will update it with navy seals.

I'd want to know if someone test my mission. :icon_wink:

Cheers,

Aldo15

I'm really not that into desert warfare missions but seeing as you revied my first crappy mission at some point this weekend I will give this bad boy a whirl.

This weekend I gave this beast a try and... it's really hard! :eek:

I'm not good at commanding an AI squad, neither in 'spec-ops' kind of missions and this is real madness! It's like Hitchcock's movie: starts with an earthquake and then it's even worse! :D

Warning: text below contains spoilers!

I like intro, however you did some grammar mistakes ;) But don't care, it's really good. And 'satellite camera' is awesome, especially sound!*

**After para-dropping from Blackhawk*** I feel like in the middle of giant offensive! Radio chatter is somehow too emotional because it yells 'faster Alpha!' when I've just landed. Small minus for this :icon_neutral: I've managed to destroy first group of enemies without problems (squad with Toyota) and here problems arose. There is really only one entrance to the city and it's heavily defended. I'm always getting heavy casualties when entering the town. To be honest, first three times I've played this mission, I was getting between two enemy squads - results were obvious ;)****

To this day I haven't completed the task, although I was very close. But I haven't used air support - I'll try again with them. But there is one question from me: where are the Bravo team and snipers? For me it looks like they were all killed...

*But on the very beginning you could add script to open doors when camera is entering the barrack.

**There are two problems when starting: 'no entry .model' error pops up, and I've to manually add M249 to machine gunner - he have only ammunition.

***Personally I don't like this, maybe you could change beginning to UH-60 landing somewhere farer form the town - it'd make beginning easier and not such fast paced ;)

****You could add NV goggles for US soldiers, sometimes it's too dark to see enemy, their clothes blend with surroundings

Overall: good job Aldo! Some voice acting would be nice addition :)

Edited by krzychuzokecia

I Can't run it !

It's not working :(

Showes me that something is wrong whit mission.sqm.

When I want start mission, OFP shut down. I dont know why.

:(

I've got this problem too: check addonsneeded in mission.sqm - there are two addons that weren't listed, one of them is tactevents.pbo

Oh yeah I forgot it. You must fix the mission.sqm file and to remove the Tacteventes, You also need to have the BAS_O addon it necessary to call the Air support., I'll try to fix again.

Well Thank you for review.

I'll try to use some scripts or commands to open doors. Does not M29 have magazines? o.O? I'll try to add it. I wanted to make a realistic mission, so I decided to add the parachute scritp. The Squad bravo is on a chooper but they're killed quickly for Talibans, and the Snipers are on a mountains, but they're killed quickly too. I'll add Nv goggles to units.

Edited by Aldo15

I have still problem with HYK Soldiers. I cant run the mission whit this addon. So a remaked all HYK model and set the BAS Delta desert rangers :) Only for my needed.

So Im going to try your mission ;)

Thx for your patience with OFP

OFP WORLD

Does not M29 have magazines? o.O? I'll try to add it.

I found out that was mistake on my side: I had older version of Laser's US weapons which doesn't have M249 with Elcan...

Jan:

Check if you've latest HYK soldiers and Laser's weapons - as you can see this mission relies on latest stuff - ACU soldiers from HYK pack 2.02 and 3.0 version of US weapons pack. Having older versions equals problems...

PS. Laser released Navy SEALs pack in 2005 - maybe they can replace HYK ACU units?

I downloaded two addons of HYK soldiers another version. And doenst work too :(

But I finished the mission yet. :)

Nice, simple but I think that, this mission have one problem, problem the same as my mission Fatalness. It's to short :D and easy .. I didnt use the air support.

And clear all town by myself and whit small help bravo group :)

and Ladin died ! ;)

I miss dub :( but Good camera, for example idea with satelite was exelent ;)

Congra Aldo ;)

Hey

Does someone want to sen me this mission in your language?

Or help me with some voices for my mission

If you want this is my mail: ga.aldo@yahoo.com

hi,

ill try ur mission and if possible, rework for MP for our server.

Hey

Does someone want to sen me this mission in your language?

Or help me with some voices for my mission

I can help you with Polish translation and adding 'proper' stringtable (I don't know if you've done it). Unfortunately my accent is not good enough for voice acting but you can search here for people willing to help! ;)

Nice mission.And good choice of addons (I already have them all except for Afganstan).

Edited by Petar

I've uploaded a video of my mission you can watch it at youtube this is the link.

Hi!

I would want to know what must I chenge it. Must I remove some addons so you can test?.

I also want to know what bugs does it have?, to fix it and do you guys want to play it in MP?. I'll also upload another mission. Its name is Operation fidel. I'll create in MP so we can play it MP on some server for ofp.

Cheers,

Aldo15

Edited by Aldo15

In my logic, the less add-ons you're able to use, the better mission becomes. It's always great to avoid unneccesary downloads, especially when you don't have enough time to search internet or some file cannot be accessed correctly due to problems on specific website.

MP compability, of course, increases variety of modes and it really adds more fun when you're in a group with good people, who prefer teamwork mostly, not lone-wolfing. IMO, it's always great to see SP mission, which also can be played on co-op.

Try to make your missions more avaiable to majority of players, unless throwing add-ons away drastically would affect quality and enjoyablity of the mission. Personally, I do not prefer such downgrade due to people wishes. Mostly, it's your choice.

Hi all

I've uploaded a new version, it's available as version 1.2. I had to remove some addons because some people didn't like to test my mission because it had many addons. I removed the HYK units, A10 Thunderbolt II and other addons (I don't remember them). Also some people had problems with HYK units. I've fixed my mission for several hours and I hope it's good.

Cheers,

Aldo15

I've played v1.2 recently. Here's my thoughts:

Intro is quite good. Actually, I missed satelite picture in the center of camera, also Bin Laden's position in the city when US system's spotted him was ridiculous. It made me to think "Bin Laden wouldn't be so silly in reality". Try to fix this thing by setting him in cover (building, augmented area, between walls, etc.) and maybe you should modify intro as it is told that only secret informator, which, for example, works for US army and earns great money, reported about possible Bin Laden's setlement in the town player's squad is about to storm. IMO, this would make mission more realistic, because it's not possible to locate most wanted terrorists leader using satelite.

Also, you can use random position script to change BL location every time mission starts. Replayability will increase because of it. Random patrols around the area would be perfect, too.

Add an additional objective like 'destroy ammo/fuel/whatever supplies' or 'retrieve very secret and important documents from BL's house'. Maybe both. It's your decision to make.

Outro has a problem - it doesn't end, you probably forgot to eliminate black screen by the end of it and destroy camera. Or maybe... just put End #1 trigger.

Well, good luck with this. It has potential, but still needs work.

Very late review.

Had most of the needed addons in my LOL mod folder so that saved me some grief.

The mission begins with a nice cutscene showing us military personel locating osama bin laden via satalite (you can view the satalite feed in mission through menu commands).

The mission begins with two teams in blackhawks parachuting just outside of the town while snipers dotted around the town's outer perimeter pepper the defending taliban.

After a few go's of vastly underestimating osama's 'honor guard' and getting picked off in my attempt to back up the doomed bravo team (who are completley wiped out) I decide to take up a firing posistion on a small rocky hill that overlooks much of the the afghan town.

Picking off various snipers and machinegunners inside the perimeter and any groups of taliban that attempt to leave the town and engage my team directly I save the game using the menu command and make my way round to the town entrance.

After gunning down more taliban guarding and advancing on the entrance I use the radio to call in some helo support, just in case osama has any big suprises that I can't see from my current location.

Advancing into the town, despite shooting dozens of taliban we are ambushed several times from behind and two of my team members are blown to peices by IED's in the alleyways. While scouting ahead I turn a corner and spot a taliban bmp1 at the end of a long street, it hasn't seen me yet so I call up the rest of my squad and my law operator. Just as I spot my team snaking through the afghan town I hear the sound of rotors and the gunship I called in ealier flys in over the mountins behind the town.

I hear a hellfire being launched and something within the area is blown to peices, it wasnt the bmp.

My law operator takes aim down the street and fires his law, the bmp never saw it coming and the taliban crew burn in their tank. Proceeding down the street with the now smouldering bmp at the end of it small groups of taliban again attempt to ambush us but are cut down by my m16.

I reach the burning bmp and make a right turn into an alley at the clearing beyond the alley I can see a wrecked t55 and several afghan bodies. I advance towards the t55 and turn just in time to spot 2 taliban looking at me through a hole in the wall of the building to my side. I empty the few rounds left in my clip at one of them ducking just in time to miss a volley from the other who I recognize as the al qaeda cheif himself bin laden. Reloading my underslung grenade launcher I put a round through the hole in the wall and osama is killed instantly by the explosion inside.

Then there is a nice cutscene of the seal team burning the only evidence that bin laden is dead and died where they say they killed him, would of been funny to see a corpse being launched out from a black hawk but its still good.

I don't usually bother with afghan/war on terror missions but I did like this one very much it had some custom music and sound (I think) and was quite challenging (especially with IED's all over the place).

I don't think there where any bugs although the outro doesnt seem to end.

So I give operation jeronimo a 7 and a half out of 10 and I look forward to playing more of aldo's missions.