Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [SP] [OFP] Operation Jeronimo

I've played v1.2 recently. Here's my thoughts:

Intro is quite good. Actually, I missed satelite picture in the center of camera, also Bin Laden's position in the city when US system's spotted him was ridiculous. It made me to think "Bin Laden wouldn't be so silly in reality". Try to fix this thing by setting him in cover (building, augmented area, between walls, etc.) and maybe you should modify intro as it is told that only secret informator, which, for example, works for US army and earns great money, reported about possible Bin Laden's setlement in the town player's squad is about to storm. IMO, this would make mission more realistic, because it's not possible to locate most wanted terrorists leader using satelite.

Also, you can use random position script to change BL location every time mission starts. Replayability will increase because of it. Random patrols around the area would be perfect, too.

Add an additional objective like 'destroy ammo/fuel/whatever supplies' or 'retrieve very secret and important documents from BL's house'. Maybe both. It's your decision to make.

Outro has a problem - it doesn't end, you probably forgot to eliminate black screen by the end of it and destroy camera. Or maybe... just put End #1 trigger.

Well, good luck with this. It has potential, but still needs work.

Very late review.

Had most of the needed addons in my LOL mod folder so that saved me some grief.

The mission begins with a nice cutscene showing us military personel locating osama bin laden via satalite (you can view the satalite feed in mission through menu commands).
    The mission begins with two teams in blackhawks parachuting just outside of the town while snipers dotted around the town's outer perimeter pepper the defending taliban.

After a few go's of vastly underestimating osama's 'honor guard' and getting picked off in my attempt to back up the doomed bravo team (who are completley wiped out) I decide to take up a firing posistion on a small rocky hill that overlooks much of the the afghan town.
    Picking off various snipers and machinegunners inside the perimeter and any groups of taliban that attempt to leave the town and engage my team directly I save the game using the menu command and make my way round to the town entrance.
    After gunning down more taliban guarding and advancing on the entrance I use the radio to call in some helo support, just in case osama has any big suprises that I can't see from my current location.
    Advancing into the town, despite shooting dozens of taliban we are ambushed several times from behind and two of my team members are blown to peices by IED's in the alleyways. While scouting ahead I turn a corner and spot a taliban bmp1 at the end of a long street, it hasn't seen me yet so I call up the rest of my squad and my law operator. Just as I spot my team snaking through the afghan town I hear the sound of rotors and the gunship I called in ealier flys in over the mountins behind the town.
    I hear a hellfire being launched and something within the area is blown to peices, it wasnt the bmp.
    My law operator takes aim down the street and fires his law, the bmp never saw it coming and the taliban crew burn in their tank. Proceeding down the street with the now smouldering bmp at the end of it small groups of taliban again attempt to ambush us but are cut down by my m16.
    I reach the burning bmp and make a right turn into an alley at the clearing beyond the alley I can see a wrecked t55 and several afghan bodies. I advance towards the t55 and turn just in time to spot 2 taliban looking at me through a hole in the wall of the building to my side. I empty the few rounds left in my clip at one of them ducking just in time to miss a volley from the other who I recognize as the al qaeda cheif himself bin laden. Reloading my underslung grenade launcher I put a round through the hole in the wall and osama is killed instantly by the explosion inside.

Then there is a nice cutscene of the seal team burning the only evidence that bin laden is dead and died where they say they killed him, would of been funny to see a corpse being launched out from a black hawk but its still good.

I don't usually bother with afghan/war on terror missions but I did like this one very much it had some custom music and sound (I think) and was quite challenging (especially with IED's all over the place).
    I don't think there where any bugs although the outro doesnt seem to end.
    So I give operation jeronimo a 7 and a half out of 10 and I look forward to playing more of aldo's missions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123