Sign in to follow this  
Karhis

British Armed Forces (BAF) DLC Installation Problem

Hi,

I'm unable to install the BAF expansion, bought and downloaded from GamersGate. When I try to run the installer provided by GamersGate, it extracts some files, displays the BAF installer splash screen, and after that, returns to the GamersGate installer with the options to keep or remove installation files, or to reinstall. So it seems that BAF installer does nothing after the splash screen, just quits. I get no visible error messages. Things I have tried to no avail:

1) Redownloading the DLC from GamersGate

2) Running the installer as administrator

3) Running the installer from safe mode with networking (to avoid possible problems with antivirus)

4) Un- and Re-installing the Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead.

At this point, I'm out of ideas. My Arma2 and OA are both retail copies, which I have merged to Combined Operations by installing the OA to the same directory with the vanilla Arma2 (as described in the readme-file of OA). I'd guess that this merging operation is the culprit, since BAF worked rather nicely previously when I had Arma2 and OA as stand-alone installations (installed in different folders).

So, is there anything I can do (I'd really like to keep the Arma2 and OA merged)?

UPDATE / SOLUTION (Courtesy of user SINcere):

Turns out that the culprit was the leftover files from previous DLC installation in hidden folder c:\ProgramData. I got the DLC installer working properly by deleting the folder "ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead DLC" in "C:\ProgramData". DO NOT delete any other folders in ProgramData.

Edited by Karhis
Problem solved.

Not sure but did you at least run (started the game) the CO install once (before trying to install BAF)?

Not sure but did you at least run (started the game) the CO install once (before trying to install BAF)?

Yup, forgot to mention that. I ran the game once after installing the vanilla/orginal Arma2, and after I installed OA (before installing BAF).

Check your installation folder and see if the BAF DLC really was deleted when you uninstalled the game. It sounds to me as if the game is still installed.

Manually delete the folder when you see its still there and run the installer again.

If that too does not help I am out of ideas, sorry.

Check your installation folder and see if the BAF DLC really was deleted when you uninstalled the game. It sounds to me as if the game is still installed.

Manually delete the folder when you see its still there and run the installer again.

If that too does not help I am out of ideas, sorry.

Yeah, tried that as well before re-installing. First I ran the uninstaller, then manually deleted all the leftover folders, and even some Bohemia-related registry keys. Didn't help. I still think that the DLC is not recognizing my merged Combined Operations. I also sent email to GamersGate about this, let's see if they can answer :) Anyway, thank you for your help, much appreciated.

I am having the exact same issue. i have both dlc's through gamers gate and it goes through the extraction process, then shows the splash screen for a second and then it disappears and nothing happens after that. the dlc's are not present in the installation folder. i have been dealing with this issue and trying to get it to work for 72 hours now. the dlc's worked and installed just fine before on this computer so i do not know what the issue is. i had a new video card installed on the computer just prior to installing the game and the dlc's before and it worked fine. then the video card took a dump and before taking it in to be replaced i uninstalled all of the arma 2 files. i uninstalled it properly through control panel and then went into program files and deleted the installation folder that was left there after all the uninstall was finished. i got the video card replaced that same day and it has been a few weeks but i have decided to install everything again. the combined operations (retail/cd) installed fine, both arma 2 and the operation arrowhead disk, and they run just fine. but for some reason i am having trouble with the dlc's/digital downloads. i installed hawx 2 from digital download after the replacement of the video card and that worked fine. i have even purchased the baf dlc from sprocket to see if it was just gamers gate and i still get the same problem. i am seriously about to kick a hole through this computer and really need some help trying to figure this out. i have contacted both gamers gate and sprocket and the responses i get are "operation arrowhead is required to run the dlc's", and that was even after i mentioned it already being installed twice in the email i sent them. my computer is more than capable of running this game. i am running windows 7 64 bit SP1, i7 processor, nvidia geforce gtx 560 ti video card, 8G ram, and i have all the c++, direct x 11 installed and all my drivers are up to date. i also patched the game to 1.59 to see if it had to be patched in order for them to install (i tried with and without the patch). i have tried downloading the game from firefox and internet explorer. i have ran cccleaner to get rid of any old/incomplete files/registry files. i have searched the computer high and low to find any sign of the dlc's, but obviously i have come up with NO answers. please help guys. please

Previous poster (SINcere) did some research and turns out that the culprit was the leftover files from previous DLC installation in hidden folder c:\ProgramData.

Personally I got the DLC installer working by deleting the folder "ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead DLC" in "C:\ProgramData". DO NOT delete any other files from ProgramData -folder (unless you know what you're doing)

Kudos to SINcere!