I cannot say for the missions but once i set a classname....i never change it.

Mhm I see, Its strange cause it worked great yesterday, but since I downloaded all pracs files new it dosent work anymore. The mission just wont find the specific units. Maybe Eggbeast will have an answer, since its his mission. Thanks anyway tough.

hiya - best place for mission specific questions is the gits evo thread here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128994-GITS-Evolution-%28new-main-thread%29

but as it's a RACS update question it's fine also here.

I will update all of the missions with the new content ASAP.

PRACS_fieldhhospital is now not recognised - I swapped it out for a stock item

new mission here (not updated the other stuff init yet but at least it loads ok

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/GITSEvolutionRACSV2.Takistan.pbo

good hunting

p.s. I will update duala and takistan and sahrani maps pretty soon with all new RACS mod and our new missions featrues like R3F logistics etc

PRACS_fieldhhospital = spelling error its PRACS_fieldhospital

hiya - best place for mission specific questions is the gits evo thread here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128994-GITS-Evolution-%28new-main-thread%29

but as it's a RACS update question it's fine also here.

I will update all of the missions with the new content ASAP.

PRACS_fieldhhospital is now not recognised - I swapped it out for a stock item

new mission here (not updated the other stuff init yet but at least it loads ok...

Thank you very much, works again now. Yay !!! Cant wait for the updated new content! Thank yOUU!!

<- Playing :D

That SU = SXC! :yay:

nice work there wld427

PRACS_fieldhhospital = spelling error its PRACS_fieldhospital
yeah in your previous release you made the typo in the mod not me in the mission ;)

but hey one typo in a mod that size is akin to a monkey typing the works of shakespeare while hanging upside down from an old tyre.

I have a question about the CH-46E - when exiting the heli, as you walk out of the ramp. I have taken some damage from this; I think it is because you are "on" the Geo LOD of the heli and you slide off about 3 feet before you can start walking. Is it possible to either move the entry point back a few feet or shorten the end of the ramp in the Geo LOD so you don't suffer this damage?

Without a doubt the CH-46E is my favorite cargo lifter because it hovers more smoothly than anything else! :)

Hueys are great! I didn't realize their engines were so fragile. They go from green to red really fast! :(

155mm arty is REALLY nice! Kind of hard to find that spot to get in, but once you do, awesome!

HAWK missile battery is really sweet! When my buddy served in the Army he supported a HAWK battery so it has been a neat thing for him to see those in play. It is really fun to watch the missile track into the target!

Whatever missiles the Su-24 carries is IMPOSSIBLE to spoof from a heli. Every single time we saw a Su-24 we just let it blow us up and respawn... :( MIG-21 seems to be a *little* easier to spoof but not by much.

OV-1 is a really fun plane to fly - seems able to keep up with whatever else is on the battlefield. I thought it would not perform well in CLAfghan but it managed all the high peaks with no problems at all. If anything it may be over-armed! :) That's now my 2nd choice behind the A-10 for CAS missions.

Galil rifles tend to kick more than in Real Life. At least more than my RL Galil. Very hard for 2nd shot follow-ups. Maybe it is just me... but it "feels" like it shouldn't kick so much.

Absolutely love the G3's in all flavors. I'd like to see a "Designated Marksman" model with a big-ass 10x scope! :) Something like this: http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/2/2c/D9msg902.jpg/800px-D9msg902.jpg

CONGRATS to the entire team - one of my favorite mods! :cool:

Bug Reports (I did a search and didn't see anything logging these - apologies if they are already bugged:

Sea Knight and Sea Stallion Helis are missing the green right-side running light. Same as what happened on the AH-1.

Huey helis' spotlight is coming from the model's center. Pinzgauer 4x4 missing headlight orbs. So are the new 4x4 APCs. I remember from my BRDM units that this happens if the memory points and/or the light polys are screwed up. I had to delete them then copy/paste from a good model.

Shadow LOD on the new 4x4 AA APC is sticking out of object so the model appears to be always in shadow. Reducing scale on shalow lod to about 97-95% should fix it.

you may have been using the mohawk on evo - we put 4 AGM65E's on it and took off the hellfires cos they dont lock...

now it's slightly overpowered...

Hueys are great! I didn't realize their engines were so fragile. They go from green to red really fast! :(

155mm arty is REALLY nice! Kind of hard to find that spot to get in, but once you do, awesome!

HAWK missile battery is really sweet! When my buddy served in the Army he supported a HAWK battery so it has been a neat thing for him to see those in play. It is really fun to watch the missile track into the target!

Glad you enjoy them

Whatever missiles the Su-24 carries is IMPOSSIBLE to spoof from a heli. Every single time we saw a Su-24 we just let it blow us up and respawn... :( MIG-21 seems to be a *little* easier to spoof but not by much.

Ironically...... they use the exact same missile.............

OV-1 is a really fun plane to fly - seems able to keep up with whatever else is on the battlefield. I thought it would not perform well in CLAfghan but it managed all the high peaks with no problems at all. If anything it may be over-armed! :) That's now my 2nd choice behind the A-10 for CAS missions.

Everone seems to love that little plane. The loadout was used by the USMC and the last 7 remaining US Army aicraft during operation desert storm.

Galil rifles tend to kick more than in Real Life. At least more than my RL Galil. Very hard for 2nd shot follow-ups. Maybe it is just me... but it "feels" like it shouldn't kick so much.

I have several 5.56 galils and golani sporters, as well as a pair of 308 galils. I am well versed in them and i think they are ok. I picked the best possible BIS recoil for them as its not worth it to write a new one.

Absolutely love the G3's in all flavors. I'd like to see a "Designated Marksman" model with a big-ass 10x scope! :) Something like this: http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/2/2c/D9msg902.jpg/800px-D9msg902.jpg

Check out the PSG-1

CONGRATS to the entire team - one of my favorite mods! :cool:

Other than a few testers and some friends who help me fix my mistakes...... PRACS is a one man army........just me

Bug Reports (I did a search and didn't see anything logging these - apologies if they are already bugged:

Sea Knight and Sea Stallion Helis are missing the green right-side running light. Same as what happened on the AH-1.

Huey helis' spotlight is coming from the model's center. Pinzgauer 4x4 missing headlight orbs. So are the new 4x4 APCs. I remember from my BRDM units that this happens if the memory points and/or the light polys are screwed up. I had to delete them then copy/paste from a good model.

Shadow LOD on the new 4x4 AA APC is sticking out of object so the model appears to be always in shadow. Reducing scale on shalow lod to about 97-95% should fix it.

what is a 4x4 APC?

Sorry to trod in rather rudely like this, but you did get Franze permission to modify his SU-17/22 yes?

Sorry to trod in rather rudely like this, but you did get Franze permission to modify his SU-17/22 yes?

:rolleyes:

no.....

no...... i will not even entertain the absurdity of that question.

Edited by wld427
tired of dealing with idiots

Franze just told me, my apologies for upsetting you.

If I may give one bit of advice, judging by your response you've been through this before, in future just add a line with the original creator and that you got their permission, nobody will say a word :)

Edited by NodUnit

Come now there is no reason to take that attitude, it's a simple question. If don't distrust you with such a thing given that you've been here for so long but since Franze is a buddy of mine I have to ask, and I would hope that anyone else would do the same to any addon maker out there who posts something with no indication of its original.

Now if you would like to defend yourself then by all means do so, that is your right but let us do this with some sportsmanship rather than immediately slinging mud on the first opportunity.

I think a few pages back (like when pics first started surfacing of the SU for the TK Extension) wld427 stated that he got the model from franze.

EDIT: Yup...first post on page 53

Edited by islesfan186

If so then I suppose I have to apologize again, I'm usually very busy and can't take the time to read many threads, all I know is that I saw pictures, came to investigate and did not see any line for credits at the time. I just asked Franze however and he gave the green light so thats me looking like an ass again.

Franze just told me, my apologies for upsetting you.

If I may give one bit of advice, judging by your response you've been through this before, in future just add a line with the original creator and that you got their permission, nobody will say a word :)

I have duely credited Franze. In fact, once i complete my version i have promised him a copy of my source file. The reason i called the question absurd is i have been a very outspoken advocate of addonmakers rights. To include trying to get BIS to clearly define what we can and cannot do with thier content. I have also been called the "addon police" many times because i am extremely anti-piracy. We are both part of the same discussion groups concearning this very subject. To this point i was apalled we even had to address this.

Ah, well I understand why you took such offense then. I'm not very up to date with the forums these days, I wasn't aware of how outspoken you are, at the time all I knew was I saw something very familiar on armaholic, came here and did not at that point see what I was looking for and due to recent issues I was too quick to judge before looking around..I guess this comes down to another one of those "Use the search function!" things huh? Heheh..I hope we can put this little misunderstanding behind us, and that it does not impede your motivation.

Edited by NodUnit

Personally, I would expect someone who has been called 'the addon police' to be more sympathetic to these kinds of questions, not less.

Personally, I would expect someone who has been called 'the addon police' to be more sympathetic to these kinds of questions, not less.

I would state my opinion but we are not allowed to comment on your posts or actions. its part of the rules.

BEFORE this turns into a huge discussion about moderators or addon police or any of that other anti-community crap...... everyone let it go.

If anything Nodunit did the right thing and was looking out for Franze's interests. i greatly respect that and actually encourage it. I hope he keeps a sharp eye out there and would let me know the minute one of my addons popped up in another thread. I think it was very upstanding of NodUnit to apologize when he was really doing the right thing. There has been an awful lot of theft around here lately and we as a community need to stick together. Therfore i would like to apologize if i seemed a bit crass in my response. there was a bit of sarcasm in there that was obviously not picked up. I also sympathize with not being able or wanting to read all the crap posted here. So lets put the issue to rest before it explodes, shake hands and all walk away.

as a peace offering, if you want to check out the Su22 NodUnit please PM me and i will give you a copy of the file we are beta testing right now.

I would state my opinion but we are not allowed to comment on your posts or actions. its part of the rules.

That's not true, and I think you know that. It does seem a little bit passive aggressive, though.

There has been an awful lot of theft around here lately and we as a community need to stick together.

If you could point me in the direction of these instances, I would appreciate it.

Edited by Max Power

That's not true, and I think you know that. It does seem a little bit passive aggressive, though.

If you could point me in the direction of these instances, I would appreciate it.

No. i will leave you to do your job. I think enough mud has been thrown around. I am trying to wean myself off the Arma community in general. It is time for me to move on. Hence the recent fall in the number of my posts. personally i don't like the direction the community is headed nor do i like the concept of Arma3. The art work is beautiful but i got involved with this game as a simulator, in that respect arma3 will be a joke. The art work is beautiful but the concept is something i simply do not want. Those subjects are best left for other threads in thier subject matter.

No. i will leave you to do your job.

My job is to respond to user reports. You can do whatever you want, of course, but this sort of flies in the face of what you say about sticking together.