Completely agree.

@Blackadder - While I will be adding my own content in A3 WLD427 does not want to for a variety of reasons (I've heard most of them and I agree with most of them) but its his work to do with as he wishes. If you want RACs themed addons in A3 then you can always make your own addons.

i didn't ask for A3 RACS addons i was just curious why alot of the older guys do not like A3

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

Besides, he doesn't need to defend himself in his own discussion about another game mod. Recommend you just don't ask. Just don't ask!

i'm curious why he doesn't like the game. props to him for not realsing his addon into arma 3 at the end of the day that his decision. i just wanted to know the reasons why thats all

EDIT SPELLING

i didn't ask for A3 RACS addons i was just curious why alot of the older guys do not like A3

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

i'm curious why he doesn't like the game. props to him for not realsing his addon into arma 3 at the end of the day that his decision. i just wanted to know the reasons why thats all

EDIT SPELLING

Its such a contentious issue i'd suggest PM'ing Eddie so he can explain without intervention from Moderators or Trolls. ;)

tot he rest .... keep an eye out on steam. ill be posting pics and game play of some new stuff.

contest, big prize for only one instead of 100 small prizes for 100 guys , "the best win, competition" is least place to make "hobby, fun, friendship" (which were basic for modding since 13 years since Operation Flashpoint, breaking any political, national, cultural barriers betwen people from whole globe), hobby unite people, competition and prize - never because you have to fight with others,

read what old moders wrote long ago on contest topic, and as said above, lets not make offtopic and bring attention of moderators

Edited by vilas

tot he rest .... keep an eye out on steam. ill be posting pics and game play of some new stuff.

This setbehaviour 'fanboy'

:notworthy:

This setbehaviour 'fanboy'

That made me chuckle. Thank you. :)

yeah... that's my fault. i did forget about your request and i sincerely apologize. I will get something tagged up for you quickly.

Thank you.

That made me chuckle. Thank you. :)

cheers, credit where credits due, one of the greatest A2 mods around

Wld427

What was the inspiration for using the Iveco and Pinzgauer models vs. Bedford, Renault, Oshkosh, Mercedes-Benz, etc?

Even though development has ceased, (to my knowledge,) was there ever any plans to further develop the service-support and higher level logistical assets...if yes, what was envisioned as appropriate for the PRACS TO&E?

Thanks once again for all the hard-work that was put into the creation of this mod. It continues to enjoy a lot of use; bar-none one of the best out there.

Wld427

What was the inspiration for using the Iveco and Pinzgauer models vs. Bedford, Renault, Oshkosh, Mercedes-Benz, etc?

Even though development has ceased, (to my knowledge,) was there ever any plans to further develop the service-support and higher level logistical assets...if yes, what was envisioned as appropriate for the PRACS TO&E?

Thanks once again for all the hard-work that was put into the creation of this mod. It continues to enjoy a lot of use; bar-none one of the best out there.

The pinzgauer chassis fit a role in between the hummer and the larger trucks very well. I liked the vehicle concept as a cargo utility vehicle that could also be a very light weapons platform for SF and medium duty units.

The Iveco trucks are an absolute perfect fit for sahrani. the adaptability of the chassis for the different roles and the basis of some of my SAM and missile launchers fit Sahrani as an available design that could realistically be produced and modified locally under license. The medium duty 6x6 is the primary vehicle similar to US Army LMTV. While i do have heavy versions of the chassis unlreleased in 8x8 for large logistical uses similar to US Army HEMMT. I also have M548 artillery tractor and a M88 Hercules for their specific roles in logistics.

Is there anything else you were specifically looking for? I am working (albiet slowly) on a final release which will include lots of updates and fixes as well as the desert troops. If its something simple or an adaptation of an existing vehicle i can probably fit it in.

I look forward to the 8x8, and the other wonderful items I know you have in store for the community. Currently using a MAN HX77, to fulfill the current roll.

Addendum.

Purely a paper MTO&E, though you may or may-not find any of them interesting or inspirational.

Considering the island nature of Sahrani, I change some of the items used; no model changes, just paper.

Vehicles

Alvis Stalwart "Stolly", Fuchs BAT, AAVP7A1, D7H, Stryker MC, M88A2,

Planes

AV8B II Plus, Bell 206, MV-22, Jas-39 Gripen

Ships

LHD & LPD, LCAC, Landing Craft

UAV

RQ-11, MQ-8B, Pchela-1AT, Ka-137

Field Kitchen (no MKT models have been made)

KP-125

ATGM

Milan/Eryx

Red Brigade

BMP-3

BTR-90

T80U

Edited by mannequin

Going to Wld's post about Arma 3. I'd imagine he won't.

Will there be a Project RACS for ARMA 3?

So i haveve been thinking about doing a vanilla unit reskin for arma3. You know multicam, and just add a saharani flag with all the most up to date recent tier1 operator gear on my basic soldiers.

Plus I am going to throw in another port of the SCARs with a digital texture and all the cool guy attachments. I want so many accessories on each weapon the soldier would not even be able to pick it up let alone use it while wearing all the future body armor, dont forget to mention panoramic thermal equipped NVGs for every soldier from the the buck private all the way of to generalissimo of the Army!

Then then I am going to enter it in the make arma contest and win because it will be categorized as a complete game modification!!!

PS you can use PRACS in arma3 with all in Arma now.....

So i haveve been thinking about doing a vanilla unit reskin for arma3. You know multicam, and just add a saharani flag with all the most up to date recent tier1 operator gear on my basic soldiers.

Plus I am going to throw in another port of the SCARs with a digital texture and all the cool guy attachments. I want so many accessories on each weapon the soldier would not even be able to pick it up let alone use it while wearing all the future body armor, dont forget to mention panoramic thermal equipped NVGs for every soldier from the the buck private all the way of to generalissimo of the Army!

Then then I am going to enter it in the make arma contest and win because it will be categorized as a complete game modification!!!

I love it - Thanks for the morning chuckle! :)

Don't forget the oakley's and beards for all!

If any of you testers are still out there please get in touch with me here or via steam..... final version is close to completion and i will need y'all to put it to the test and provide feedback.

If any of you testers are still out there please get in touch with me here or via steam..... final version is close to completion and i will need y'all to put it to the test and provide feedback.

Thank you for your efforts that made this great mod possible.

I have a question: Would a Sahrani coast guard be possible? I was thinking of some reskinned navy/royal marines choppers and some patrol boats (maybe planes).

Edited by OnFire

i always though sahrani would be much improved by... offshore oilrigs

Hey guys, 

Been following this topic for a long while and when I got ArmA 2 this was the very first mod I downloaded.  It was my long time favorite back on the original ArmA and had to have it the second I bought ArmA 2.  Wld, you've done an incredible job creating a finely complete military to represent this little colony island.  After catching up on the forum it seemed like PRACS was getting some new life breathed into it but that was all the way back in January.  Still playing this mod every day, I find myself longing for some additions to the RACS such as a new M113 IFV and FSV without the slat armor for a simpler, cheaper look or a V150 with the M2 turret as an option for troop transport.  I also think that some more low budget equipment such as the M1008, a Peugot P4, or a transport/utility version of an M548 would and some flavor inspired along the lines that this is no 1st world military.  The one thing I think they need desperately is an unarmored open-top 4-5 person transport like the P4, a Rover,(maybe even a UAZ??? Not sure how I feel about that...) or something along those lines especially since they are from the tropics.  I will post more thoughts as the days go on.  Let me know what you guys think and I really really REALLY hope this mod isn't dead! :)

Hey guys, 

Been following this topic for a long while and when I got ArmA 2 this was the very first mod I downloaded.  It was my long time favorite back on the original ArmA and had to have it the second I bought ArmA 2.  Wld, you've done an incredible job creating a finely complete military to represent this little colony island.  After catching up on the forum it seemed like PRACS was getting some new life breathed into it but that was all the way back in January.  Still playing this mod every day, I find myself longing for some additions to the RACS such as a new M113 IFV and FSV without the slat armor for a simpler, cheaper look or a V150 with the M2 turret as an option for troop transport.  I also think that some more low budget equipment such as the M1008, a Peugot P4, or a transport/utility version of an M548 would and some flavor inspired along the lines that this is no 1st world military.  The one thing I think they need desperately is an unarmored open-top 4-5 person transport like the P4, a Rover,(maybe even a UAZ??? Not sure how I feel about that...) or something along those lines especially since they are from the tropics.  I will post more thoughts as the days go on.  Let me know what you guys think and I really really REALLY hope this mod isn't dead! :)

Check out the pinzgauers. There is a really neat open top SF like version with the GA-1 on the roof and side guns. 

th_pinnyday.jpg

Wld, glad to see you still around. Best looking Pinz, that's for sure ;) u in A3?