Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Authentic Mediterranean island

How about trying to figure out which one it is based on the info from the ARG

and looking at the available screenshots?

Does it make sense?

No idea if I was beaten to the punch, but I believe I've found the location of the first screenshot:

ss1_location.jpg

1cNm7.jpg

ss1_aerial.jpg

(edit: 39° 53'57.80"N, 25° 4'16.28"E in case it's unreadable)

Edited by cctoide

Yeah, this is the place :)

Pardon my French. but that is pretty fucking accurate!

Pretty damn fucking amazing as well!

Wow all these great feature and a new engine to boot.. But will there be ionic columns?

what size in the real life ?
i can tell you right now: it is Lemnos

see...there is a link...guess what it does when you click on it? would you want to try it? promise it doesn't bite

Nice find.

It hit me that if two screenshots happened to be across the island from eachother, it might mean we'd indeed get the entire island to play on (either that or two maps of two different places on the island). Seems these two are both on the west side of the island though, only 7km apart.

I think the island will be just based off the real island but called something else. Colour, trees and buildings etc been different aint no problem for me

Woooop.. I'm still not bored of Arma II yet :S

Nice find.

It hit me that if two screenshots happened to be across the island from eachother, it might mean we'd indeed get the entire island to play on (either that or two maps of two different places on the island). Seems these two are both on the west side of the island though, only 7km apart.

I am going to wager now that this island will be one complete island and not split into 2 seperate islands.

I am going to wager now that this island will be one complete island and not split into 2 seperate islands.

I hope so, I like it's size.

I hope BIS at some point in the future displays a screenshot from within the game showing the picture above.

I'm currently flying over Lemnos in google Earth. If the level of detail is high enought (and I have no doubt BIS will do a great job), Exploring Lemnos gonna be epic !