Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 Officially Announced!

European defence American attack ??

Israel and Russia are Allies ???

note screenshot09

This is so unfair.... I wish I could just hibernate till release... WHY WASNT I BORN A BEAR WITH THE ABILATY TO ENJOY ARMA!!!!

I agree...

Crap... That means I can start saving for my next PC upgrade...

But yeah, it's good news nonetheless ;)

Fictionnal tank ? where you see a fictionnal tank ? that's a Merkava MK4 and Namer APC that's israelian.

OK one question answered. However what about the Mi28-Ka50 hybrid? (not that I actually mind this one) and that another screenshot with the grey tank

Thank you BI you will recieve my money again !!!

Must be a typo, as they've missed off '3d' just before the word editor!

Heres hoping!

I dont think BIS would stop the game from being modded. Its what the community is pretty much based on.

Port it to consoles so peasants can play too!

I mean the page states 'full-scale'. What is meant by 'full-scale' if not full-scale aka complete!? I guess scripting with the editor only is not full-scale, or is it?! :confused:

I was just getting into ArmA 2. :(

Oh well, this new one looks great. Whereas ArmA 2 was basically a new and improved version of OFP, this ArmA 3 looks like an entirely new game altogether. The physics engine and new animations is what has me hooked. Hopefully, they'll have better voice acting than ArmA 1 and ArmA 2, *shudders*. :D

Hi good afternoon, we are a Spanish clan that play a lot to Armed Assault, we've been playing since I haora gun gun II and expansions.

We are very excited about this great news of the next release that puts it early in June 2012.

On behalf of our clan we would like to participate with everything about the weapon III

Beta testings etc ... count on us for any test you need.

We have very powerful computers which help you test this game will leave the link to our clan forum we call Wolfpack

http://www.wolfpack.es/

We have computers from i5 to i7 processors and powerful graphics of which 260.295 GTX 460 480 greeting thanks

Hope there's clarification on some of the bullet points listed above soon. Though I'm guessing it'll be some time before the next round of official info is released...

Woohoo, congrats BIS :)

The following sentence seems a bit contradicting;

"Completely extensible & moddable - design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor."

Fully extensible and modable - just through the mission editor, or like now? :)

Like now, just trying to keep it simple for the derps, obviously you guys here understand the modding/editing side of what our games offer ;)

Awsome news!

Congratulations on all this BIS :)

Looking forward to this! Nice screens!

Abs

Like now, just trying to keep it simple for the derps, obviously you guys here understand the modding/editing side of what our games offer ;)

Sweet!

A really functional 3D editor in game?

Please, say yes .-.

Any of you lads notice the Merkava tank and Tavor rifle? Israel? :eek:

Edited by Laqueesha

cheers for the relieve

Sexy as hell, only the mix of equipment certainly makes the conflict very ambiguous right now. Israel, Greece, US, Russia and maybe Iran?

Curious and curiouser.

Edited by 7-75th Callaghan

Screen 9

What type of gun/thing is on the top of the tank? Between the main barrel and the man.

Whereas ArmA 2 was set in the near-future (late 2009), this ArmA 3 looks like its set in the far distant future (early 2020s?). The main character, Captain Scott Miller was born in 1992 as shown in other threads, and with the average age of a Captain being around 30; so, perhaps the year setting could be 2022?

What type of gun/thing is on the top of the tank? Between the main barrel and the man.

I believe it is a mount for a heavy machine gun of some sort; not a weapon in and of itself.

Edited by Laqueesha

Regarding Merkava and Tavor - maybe Iran invaded Izrael, snatch their gear and now gonna invade Europe?

Some thoughts about what I saw and some questions I hope will be answered

Fictional tanks look like crap.

Fictional weapons :<

PhysX and simulation connected to it sound nice

Underwater simulation = nice

WW3 = nice

There are some questions though:

- Will it be just as realistic as AA2?

- Will the content from AA2/OA be portable (and especially Chernarus and Takistan akin to how it was allowed to port Sahrani)?

- Will it have a good amount of content? Because right now it looks like an addon to ArmA2 with '3' slapped on it.

- Will the campaign be something like OFP or will we get another disappointment like Harvest Red because the premise sounds like it can be any of those?

- Will it have disc-DRM like previous games or the annoying online-activation? Especially the Steam's one?

i believe that all the weapons shown there are non fictional the tank looks like a merkeva and the helicopter i dont know probably a prototype.

I have to say congratulations BIS and thanks for all the many hours I have/will lose/lost to your fantastic games since OFP... Any chance of a video with a little look at a few of these things we can see so far :P