Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 Officially Announced!

arma3_logo.pngWe're delighted to introduce Arma 3, the latest installment of the tactical military simulation game from independent developers Bohemia Interactive, creators of the award-winning mil-sim series Arma.

Prague, Czech Republic 19th May - Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent Czech development studio, is pleased to announce the development of Arma 3, the brand new installment in its series of critically acclaimed realistic military simulators. Combining over 10 years of experience, building upon the strength of its predecessors, and set in the most detailed environment of the series to date, Arma 3 offers gamers radical engine improvements and a unique sandbox-style military gameplay experience. The next chapter of this stunning military simulation game is scheduled for release exclusively for PC in Summer 2012.

Storyline

Survive, Adapt, Win

After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched. A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions...

• Survive in the rich & authentic environment
  • Adapt to the unsurpassed experience of modern ground combat
  • Win in the open-ended & story-driven campaign

Combining the strength of its predecessors with radical engine improvements, Arma 3 provides a unique experience of sandbox-oriented combat gameplay in the most detailed environment of the series.

Key features:

• Single-Player Campaign - evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.
  • Vehicles & Weapons - control multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with the accurate simulation, shoot from anything from pistols to the sophisticated weapon platforms.
  • Customizable Soldier Load - choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.
  • Physical simulation & improved animations - take advantage of PhysXâ„¢ supporting the vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
  • Rich & authentic environment - explore the unsurpassed modern ground combat experience set on the authentic Mediterranean island modeled from the real geographic data.
  • Multiplayer Gameplay - challenge both cooperative & competitive scenarios with full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
  • Completely extensible & moddable - design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.

Ingame Screenshots

scr01_thumb.jpgscr02_thumb.jpgscr03_thumb.jpg

scr04_thumb.jpgscr05_thumb.jpgscr06_thumb.jpg

scr07_thumb.jpgscr08_thumb.jpgscr09_thumb.jpg

Official Website: http://www.arma3.com/

Official announcement text here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119196

http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/home/news/projects/224-arma-3-uncovered

http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/games/arma3

Track us via social networks ico-fb.png ico-tw.png ico-yt.png and be the first to know all the latest news about Arma 3:

Edited by Dwarden

It's nice to be nice to the nice. GJ!

Woohoo, congrats BIS :)

The following sentence seems a bit contradicting;

"Completely extensible & moddable - design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor."

Fully extensible and modable - just through the mission editor, or like now? :)

Edited by Sickboy

Yes yes yes!!!! Gonna have to buy new machine for this!

Some thoughts about what I saw and some questions I hope will be answered

Fictional tanks look like crap.

Fictional weapons :<

PhysX and simulation connected to it sound nice

Underwater simulation = nice

WW3 = nice

There are some questions though:

- Will it be just as realistic as AA2?

- Will the content from AA2/OA be portable (and especially Chernarus and Takistan akin to how it was allowed to port Sahrani)?

- Will it have a good amount of content? Because right now it looks like an addon to ArmA2 with '3' slapped on it.

- Will the campaign be something like OFP or will we get another disappointment like Harvest Red because the premise sounds like it can be any of those?

- Will it have disc-DRM like previous games or the annoying online-activation? Especially the Steam's one?

Just made my day! And wow, can't wait for the new PhysX support! :)

Now just need to clear up that "Completely extensible & moddable - design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.

"

As the last bit sounds like no more mods, just mission editor, but that's basically impossible aint it :P

i was wondering about the same thing just now

Awesome! I'm most interested to know what kind of new features the engine will provide.

Render-to-texture has pretty much been confirmed, right?

i was wondering about the same thing just now

Ditto :confused:

Details and answers for this awesomeness please! :)

Two questions:

shoot from anything from pistols to the sophisticated weapon platforms.

Is the first or second "from" wrong? Should it be "shoot anything from pistols to the ..." or should it be considered confirmation that we'll be able to shoot from vehicles?

Will Render To Texture be part of the new game engine as it is in VBS and Take On Helicopters? Pretty please?

Looking forward to learning more about A3! Also, scuba!!

This is so unfair.... I wish I could just hibernate till release... WHY WASNT I BORN A BEAR WITH THE ABILATY TO ENJOY ARMA!!!!

WOW i am about to faint~~~~ lovely, can't wait, OMFG, hell yeah........... more more more detail and where on earth can i get a time machine... man this announcement make second feel like yearsssss, so wanna get my hand on 1, don't care how even i hav to kill XD

Edited by j rock

Now just need to clear up that "Completely extensible & moddable - design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.

"

As the last bit sounds like no more mods, just mission editor, but that's basically impossible aint it :P

Yeah I am also interested in it. Remember what happened to Dragon Failing? Don't follow this way!

The following sentence seems a bit contradicting;

"Completely extensible & moddable - design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor."

Must be a typo, as they've missed off '3d' just before the word editor!

Heres hoping!

I dont think BIS would stop the game from being modded. Its what the community is pretty much based on.

Port it to consoles so peasants can play too!

Some thoughts about what I saw and some questions I hope will be answered

Fictional tanks look like crap.

Fictional weapons :<

[...]

Fictionnal tank ? where you see a fictionnal tank ? that's a Merkava MK4 and Namer APC that's israelian.