Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 Officially Announced!

Ok, fantastic. Thanks guys.

Is it worth just playing the free version of Arma2 or would you recommend buying Arma2 knowing that Arma3 is say 8 months away or so?

And if I do buy Arma2 now, you can't kind of trade that in when 3 comes out (like you can PS3 games)??

Sorry guys, I don't play PC games really, I feel bad neglecting my PS3, haha.

Not sure if you can. Maybe if you get a DVD copy, but probably not with buying a digital version. I'd say go ahead and buy Combined Operations, and play as much as you can. But, if strapped for cash, get the free version. Definitely get one of the two. That way, when Arma3 comes out (I'm assuming you are planning on getting it) you will be familiar with the way ArmA games play.

Thanks again lads.

I've got a HP Pavilion dv9700 Notebook

Intel core 2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50Ghz 2.50Ghz

4Gig RAM and 64 Bit OS

Not being the comp guru I probably should be. Is that sufficient to run Arma?

Can't say for sure but kinda doubtful that laptop would be able to handle Arma2... perhaps you should try Free version and see if it can handle the Low Rez. If your sights are set on Arma 3, time to save for an upgrade ;)

Thanks again lads.

I've got a HP Pavilion dv9700 Notebook

Intel core 2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50Ghz 2.50Ghz

Arma 2's recommended system specs are, in an Intel processor's case, an Intel Core 2.8GHz, but assuming you'll live with the bare minimum, you're just in the zone-

4Gig RAM and 64 Bit OS

Arma 2 needs at least 1GB of RAM and 10GB free on your hard drive, but the OS should be fine.

If I were you, and I could afford it, I'd build a new rig. It's actually not that expensive and there are plenty of websites dedicated to constructing them.

Also, I'm no computer guru either, so if I got something wrong, here's Wikipedia:

Microsoft Windows

Operating system Windows XP or Windows Vista

CPU Minimum - Dual Core (Intel Pentium D 3.0 GHz, Intel Core 2.0 GHz, AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster) | Recommended - Quad Core CPU or Dual Core CPU (Intel Core 2.8 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400 + or faster)

Memory Minimum - 1 GB RAM | Recommended - 2 GB RAM

Hard drive space 10 GB

Graphics hardware Minimum - Nvidia Geforce 7800, ATI Radeon 1800 or faster (with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM) | Recommended - Nvidia Geforce 8800GT, ATI Radeon 4850 or faster (with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM)

Network

Internet or LAN connection required for multiplayer

Edited by OnlyRazor

Just wondering. I've downloaded the free version and gone to install it (after unzipping) and it says it is missing a certain .dll file.

The readme file says to re-install it and should be fine, but to no avail and instead, has the same issue. I tried a re-download but no.

Any idea?

Just wondering. I've downloaded the free version and gone to install it (after unzipping) and it says it is missing a certain .dll file.

The readme file says to re-install it and should be fine, but to no avail and instead, has the same issue. I tried a re-download but no.

Any idea?

I believe you're in the wrong thread. You want to go to the "ARMA 2 & Operation Arrowhead" section for, what I assume is, "ArmA 2 Free" help. More specifically, this thread: ArmA II / OA Installation problems

If you can, provide the name of the .dll file so we can easier help you. Good luck :)

Edited by colossus

Ry_YNWA

The ArmA 2 and OA troubleshooting forums are available here.

Please post in the correct forum, and search before posting, or else your post is considered spam.

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

§8) Post in the right forum

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator.