Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mikero's Dos Tools

it works

I made it work by reinstalling the BIS tools without removing the contents of the P: drive.

Thank you Mikero.

Have been using your tools since the dark ages and stopped checking the rest some time ago.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Sickboy View Post
    Best PBO Tools hands down!
    Absolutely! Why isn't this thread sticky?!

These tools are the missing processors for your ant pipeline (or any other build tool). No matter if you're building some addons or if you're a mission maker working on a new campaign. Write your build script once and live happily ever after...

Thanks Mikero!
    Some banana for you:
    scripting: RUBE library | missions: RUBE Fire Ants (SP)

Author of the Thread
    thanks for your comments and support ladies.

the dll is guaranteed to be backward compatible, no matter how many revisions and 'improvements' are made to it. Hell, it still handles the original ofp demo from a decade ago and the now redundant xbox.

as you say, write your script once. you will never have to change it because it breaks. you might change it for a new feature, but that's it.

Hi, I'm a new to editing in Arma and I was wondering if this tool is good to ease the somewhat convoluted process of implementing textures into Arma 2? I wish Arma 2 had an intuitive user friendly way of adding textures to the game. In other games like Oblivion and Skyrim for example, you only need to place the new texture you've made into the texture folder in the game directory and that's it. The game will recognize the new texture. If you didn't like the results you simply delete the texture from the folder and the game will revert back to having the vanilla texture once again since all official files are within a file with a different extension to avoid users corrupting the main files.
    Weekly fps quotes: "no man has beaten my record im surprised got 135-3" -Black Ops player

"i hate the reload time on this game(Black Ops), who the hell can reload 3 shells in 1 second?" -Black Ops player

"i have mw2 and its filled around with kids,nerds,hackers whatever and its so fake, u will get mad if u play it bro" -BFBC 2 player

Issue with Eliteness

Can anyone give me a hand with Eliteness v2.90. I have latest files of dePBO too.

I'm trying to dePBO the latest version of domination from the dev-heaven site but everytime I try it says

======HEADER=======
    Mikero=DePbo.dll
    Pbo Type is: Resistance

I've tried to understand the readme and I can't figure out how to get it to change to arma, I have it set in my options but still no luck.

I'm trying to edit the file co30_Domination_2_60u_West_OA.Takistan.pbo but everytime I try to edit the missions.sqm it's in a different format. I need the pbotype to show as Arma.

Can anyone help out? Thanks.

Ps sorry for posting in wrong forum
    Last edited by mycatsaid; Dec 23 2011 at 02:37.

Merging with the proper thread...

My inbox is fill and won't be emptied. If your PM is regarding requests to use my work, unfortunately I choose not to grant such permission. My work is for use with CWR2 only.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Merging with the proper thread...
    Thanks was a dumb mistake posting there.

I didn't fix Eliteness however I just decided to follow Xeno's advice and do what he said http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost....&postcount=903
    Last edited by mycatsaid; Dec 23 2011 at 04:34.

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by mycatsaid View Post
    Can anyone give me a hand with Eliteness v2.90. I have latest files of dePBO too.

I'm trying to dePBO the latest version of domination from the dev-heaven site but everytime I try it says

======HEADER=======
    Mikero=DePbo.dll
    Pbo Type is: Resistance

I've tried to understand the readme and I can't figure out how to get it to change to arma, I have it set in my options but still no luck.
    Yes. this is tricky, and a bit on the tough side to make 'better' for the user.

Mission.pbos ,at best, are RESISTANCE pbo's in architecture. And much more commonly, simple cwc pbo's. *irrespective of engine*. The *contents* of the pbo, the files themselves, might be encoded for ofp, or for arma (or for vbs), but the architecture is resistance.

This is what eliteness is telling you when it extracts. The way the pbo is constructed, is Resistance, it has, no prefix

When it comes to MAKING a mission pbo, eliteness is fully aware that you want the CONTENTS to be in arma rap-format.

I agree, this is confusing, will think of something here to remove the doubt, but I hope above explains what you're seeing.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Hi, I'm a new to editing in Arma and I was wondering if this tool is good to ease the somewhat convoluted process of implementing textures into Arma 2? I wish Arma 2 had an intuitive user friendly way of adding textures to the game. In other games like Oblivion and Skyrim for example, you only need to place the new texture you've made into the texture folder in the game directory and that's it. The game will recognize the new texture. If you didn't like the results you simply delete the texture from the folder and the game will revert back to having the vanilla texture once again since all official files are within a file with a different extension to avoid users corrupting the main files.
    sorry for the long quote, but, you've pretty much described EXACTLY how an addon.pbo 'works'. It's a scrillion times more powerful than simply changing a texture, a model, or an entire island, depending entirely on what you want to do. (many simply do just change a texture). if you don't like it, you remove it. same as skyrim et al

the *difference* is that where (in skyrim/L4D) you would put a shiny new texture, or indeed an ini file, in a specific folder location. with Bis, you put it in locations in your addon. That's all

Hey Mikero, thanks for the reply I kinda got the reason why it was saying that bu it was just confusing to try change that, but I read that resistance file gets compressed so the mission.sqm gets encoded so that's why I couldn't change it over to arma or I could be wrong. But I did read if you just depbo the pbo then load up the sqm file in elite it will refix it to arma?

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for me. I did manage to solve the issue by just recreating domi myself which I should have done in the first place. But I guess I tried the easy option of trying to get the files Xenon already created instead, it's just updating domi is always a nightmare xD Thanks for reply anyway!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast