Hi everyone, after ~2 years, finally.. I want to share with you information about release - campaign called Namalsk Crisis along with [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk mod. Maybe you have already heard about this modification and maybe also you already tried some older version in ArmA 1 (but that was really only alpha release in compare to current version). Anyway, back to the campaign - with release of the version of Nightstalkers mod for the ArmA 1, I released also some kind of prologue for the campaign called Namalsk Crisis... NOW, in Arma II, I'm releasing a full version of this campaign along with full version of [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk. Campaign featuring 22 missions with a unique atmosphere, situations, scenes and excellent music!
A part of this campaign is also reworked prologue from ArmA 1 version and if you were angry about how prologue ended in ArmA 1, don't worry, you are now able to find out more, what happened!
Edit 18.10. 2012: Huge update for Namalsk Crisis called "Pathfinder", check the bottom of this thread!
Edit 20.12. 2012: Small update (2.3) for Namalsk Crisis Update 2 aka "Pathfinder" released! Check the bottom of this thread!
Edit 5.7. 2012: Medium-sized update (2.4) for Namalsk Crisis Update 2 aka "Pathfinder" released! Check the bottom of this thread!
Counter on the official website just stopped and that means..
(This campaign can be played in realtime! :-D)
Tamika Maclemar just landed on Namalsk, trying find out, what happened! Join her and discover secrets of Namalsk!
Fight in unique world's superpowers co-operation against evil corporation NAC!
Map of this post
Namalsk Crisis Description of Namalsk Crisis campaign
Important notes for gameplay (please read)
Namalsk Crisis is a SP/MP campaign for Arma II or Arma II Combined Operations with over 22 missions. You will be a part of the conflict on the island called Namalsk. Namalsk become as a target for an unknown corporation called NAC (Namalsk corporation). After several months of researches on an unknow alien object, which they found on Namalsk, with a very dangerous experiments, armies of Russia and USA are trying to stop them. Unfortunately, they don't know with whom have honor.
You are able to see the whole conflict from different sides and different people, for example members of private scientist and military group called Nightstalkers, special forces team of USMC, with leader Ryan Goben or also Russian specnaz attack group with leader Yevgeniy Pecharov! You will face different situations, missions have a very strong atmosphere with wisely chosen music and various sound and graphic effects. Situation is described in ingame diary notes and task descriptions and also, you can find a lot of information on the main website - http://www.nightstalkers.cz (factions, Namalsk history)!
Campaign was created mostly under normal Arma II, anyway, you can play also under Combined Operations version (Arma II + Arma II OA). Campaign is fully depending on the content of the modification called [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk. So, campaign is released with this modification together in version v1.0, more informations about everything about this mod and its unique features, visit http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_son.php or scroll down.
If you are not a fan of singleplayer missions, I have news for you, "Update 1" aka "Namalsk Cooperation" is featuring the whole new dimension of Namalsk Crisis campaign - multiplayer version - More information on the official website http://www.nightstalkers.cz!
Some notes about MP version of Namalsk Crisis campaign
- This is a pure multiplayer version, it is not recommended to play in singleplayer
- It is necessary and very recommended to have in every mission occupied first playable unit (most of the missions depending on actions of this unit)
- Multiplayer version can be recognized in the campaign menu as Namalsk Crisis [MP] and the 'Host' button will be available (Singleplayer version can be recognized in the campaign menu as Namalsk Crisis [SP])
- The multiplayer version is still purely experimental and does not contain everything from SP version, keep in mind that the campaign was primarly developed for SP
- Campaign does not support join in progress and it is not possible to load saved positions
Along with campaign release is also included unique CTI SP/MP mission (based on Benny's excellent warfare mission), set on Namalsk, with edited sides and additional functions. This warfare mission featuring united forces of USA and Russian Federation, trying to stop NAC and their experiments and the NAC, which are trying to hold Namalsk and their researches with everything.
For more detailed information about this wafare mission, continue here > http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_nc_warfare.
Through whole campaign, you will have a task to find highly classified enemy intel about what NAC actually doing on Namalsk and what's going at all there.
Once you will found it, mission will print you access code into [url="http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files"]rpt file[/rul] or you will just need to remember it / copy it from diary note (there will be all instructions for using this access code + of course that intel).
But because of amount of information there, I have managed to create a special section on the official website called NAC HQ, you will be able to use your code from mission / rpt log file and read all information without to be actually ingame, much better formatted.
Campaign in few points
- Compatible with classic Arma II and also Arma II CO
- 4 prologue missions + 18 main missions
- Playable in SP or MP (http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost....&postcount=125)
- Unique warfare mission focused on showing story from the campaign!
- Atmospheric missions with wisely chosen music and sounds
- Unique features, situations (such as escape from the A2 underground) and sound / graphics effects
- Including non-linear features
- Swift gameplay
- Full background of story provided on http://www.nightstalkers.cz and continuing also in-game with diary notes and task description
- Tremendous count of texts avaiable in English or Czech language (see below for more information about language)
- Loading pictures for every mission (showed only in CO)
- Playing from different persons, you can see the conflict from different sides
- Unique factions, characters (for example private company Nightstalkers and Tamika Maclemar)
Notes about gameplay
* It is recommended to have music turned on during gameplay ˇ Read player's opinion on music in this campaign ˇ
Originally Posted by Grub
Ok guys. Just back to the music discussion for a sec. I really recommend people who automatically turn off music (myself) don't.
The music isn't running the whole time and Sumrak has done a brilliant job of an even dose of music and ambient effects. The amount of times i have been squeezing my sphincter walking around in wait of something freaky to happen or have literally soiled myself is getting hard to count. And it’s all thanks to the mood set by effects and music.
Sumrak has put a lot of work into this campaign and to be honest (and I’ve played most of the ones on offer, even starred in one ) this campaign is right up there with say, FDF in terms of creativity, immersion and overall quality. Namalsk has never looked so good.
* It is also recommended to have post process effects at least on low
* Autosaves are placed where it is needed
* Campaign went through numerous of beta tests, missions should be without bugs
* I have tried to make mission friendly as possible (without problems with AI)
* Campaign have strings for all Arma II supported languages (if you have for example Polish version, you don't need to switch other language)
* Because of an amount of texts in this 22 mission campaign, only English and Czech translation is available
* It is recommended to not use much ESC key (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14806)
* Although campaign was partly developed in Arma II CO and also tested in CO, gameplay could be little different under Arma II classic or Arma II CO.
[Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk [modification for Arma II or Arma II CO] [Current status: Released] [Current version: 1.15.4]
As you probably read about Namalsk Crisis campaign above, this modification is the key part of the Namalsk Crisis campaign. From the first ArmA 1 version, I have changed and added a lot of things to this modification. I have to admit, I never thought, that I will be able to create stuff like you can see in this modification. Because of its functions and content, this modification could also provide to Arma II S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fans basics for creating missions with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. atmosphere in Arma II. Modification was developed mainly in Arma II classic, so, some things are not changed - mainly because of not enough time and also because of compatibility in Arma II and Arma II CO.
Modification in few points
- Namalsk island in the newest version
- Factions for Namalsk Crisis campaign
- Editor modules (see below for more information)
- Sound & music database for mission editing
- Other necessary data for Namalsk Crisis campaign
- Compatible with classic Arma II and also Arma II CO
- Basic UI redefinition (changed mainly loading screens)
One of the playable factions in the Namalsk Crisis story, featuring bunch of the explorers interested in all sort of mysterious things and experienced in many fields. Private military company called Nightstalkers. 5 members - Tamika Maclemar, Michael Zaytsev, Peter Trepov, Alex Nuvikov and commander Maksim Solovyov.
I have to say, this becomes through developing the most important part of this modification. There is available and ready for use 6 modules along with functions and scripts for units. All tested and compatible with multiplayer. I will describe these modules here in short, but if you are interested, you should check detailed section on official web - http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_son_moduly.
Effect: Namalsk default gray color
Effect: Namalsk default color
Effect: Namalsk cold color Type: Modules for chaging mission atmosphere.
These modules are created for a better atmosphere in missions on Namalsk. You can choose from 3 types - cold, gray, default. For use, insert chosen module into your mission.
AII Laboratory Type: Module for controlling the unique underground of the object AII.
I think, you know what Namalsk is and also, that Namalsk is the first island, which have an underground object. With this module you are able to fill this underground with different kind of small objects and also, you are able to control underground light system.
Blowout Type: Module for controlling discharges from an alien object on Namalsk
This is one of the most complex and very mission-changing module. It can generate random discharges in your mission just putting module into your mission, you are able to use protection against it or also modify its strength! Have you ever tried, what impact will have an EMP in your mission? This module is also offering single function (for not so dynamic missions).
Mutants Type: Module for spawning and controlling mutants.
One of the factions in this modification is the Mutant faction, these strange creatures showed up from nowhere after NAC's experiments and you need to be ready, because they don't want to play with you! This module is for a random spawning of mutants in your mission, you can turn it off whether you want and protect with easy method important persons in your mission against these creatures.
On http://www.nightstalkers.cz/, I'm trying to describe everything, what you need to use functions of the [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk modification.
Here are the most important section, which I will recommend you to check:
Apo (testing Namalsk in A1/A2, testing beta version of Namalsk Crisis)
Benny (for his excellent warfare mission)
Eawes (testing, paths for AI, translation, developer support)
Crytek (rifle texture)
Dokix2 (testing Namalsk in A2)
Edge (testing pre-release version)
Grub (testing pre-release version)
GSC Gameworld (some textures, models and sounds)
JTS (propagation, testing, coop missions)
Kju (config optimalization, advices and bug report)
Mikebart (grass texture)
Pikus (some models of objects)
Rsa Viper (mp testing, developer support)
Saigos (photos for making Jalovisko village)
SenChi (grass texture)
TeaCup (awesome zombie animation)
Aeious "BlackOuT" Killhound (testing, propagation)
Eawes (dev support, master of paths pro AI, testing)
DayZ (best way to test island )
Vilas (huge help with texture and model fixing in 2.4)
To all music creators > Spoiler:
Rom Di Prisco
Two Steps From Hell
To all, who helped create Namalsk better with reports
To guys on community forums and pages for support YOU for playing!
and Bohemia Interactive for great game!