Sign in to follow this  
Alderman

Showing of "The Battle at Brecourt Manor" w/ Malarkey & Compton

evergreen2.png

The Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum is excited to host a showing of the "The Battle at Brecourt Manor." This documentary is a non-profit educational project which carries the intent of accurately representing the events that took place on June 6th, 1944 for the men of Easy Company, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment. The Brecourt Manor Assault and the men of Easy Company were both made famous by the book written by Stephen Ambrose and popular HBO mini-series titled "Band of Brothers" executive produced by Tom Hanks and Stephen Spielberg.

The event includes a question and answer portion with executive producer Vance Day, promotional manager Justin Alderman, 1st Lt. Lynn "Buck" Compton, and T/Sgt. Don Malarkey. Books will also be available for signing. The event is free with Museum admission.

More information on the event is at www.brecourtmanor.net

Anyone in the area or willing to travel is welcomed to attend. This is likely to be the last major event in the area, and one of our last events with Buck and Don all together.

Malarkey, Vance Day, and I will be in St. Louis MO for an event June 3rd and 4th, for a showing of the documentary and leadership seminar. Details on that event and to register with the group hosting us are

http://www.zaight.com/malarkey/order.cfm

Some users here know of my involvement with this project, and many here are really interested in the "Band of Brothers". I felt given that fact I would post this info here for those who would hate to miss this opportunity as they are very slim and close to done. The overall support of the military forces (not just the US) has always been great, and our project is all about that. Anyone from the BI staff who can attend either event can get a free book on my behalf. I cannot do anything for admission since we are being hosted by other organizations.

Thank you.

That "Premiere Event Video" was great :cool:

Thanks, the final edit will have narration with Neil Everett from ESPN, he narrated the documentary itself. Hopefully I will be speaking with him soon to wrap that up.

Just reviewed the choir that will be doing a live performance of "Requiem for a Soldier" (aka the Band of Brothers theme). It was absolutely amazing and will help make the event even more special for those attending.

Again we have an event in St. Louis MO June 3rd and 4th. Look above for details on that event. It is currently the last scheduled event we have.