Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

We're discontinueing the old SIX Clients as of Febuary 2014.

Please check http://www.six-updater.net/2014/01/happy-new-year-and-announcing.html

------

Six Updater - Keeping your Mods, Missions and Servers updated and manageable.

logo300px.png

Main Features

• MultiThreaded & MultiHost Mods/Missions downloads (installation/updating/repair/migration)
    • Deploys delta patching to save time and bandwidth (only downloads changed parts)

[*]Game Launcher

[*]Server Browser with search and filtering - Join servers automatically with the required Mods.

[*]Server Monitor - Keep track of server status, players, incl sound alarms.

[*]Many popular mods available out of the box

[*]Strong global mirror network (community powered)

[*]Custom repository hosting for server owners and community websites (with Mods, Missions, and additional server information and automation, incl TeamSpeak3 and Mumble support).

[*]GUI, Commandline and Linux support

[*]Flexible and Advanced Preset and Game Profile configuration possible

[*]Multi game versions and editions supported, manageable side-by-side

[*]Mod dependencies supported

[*]Easy access to Mod tools and 3rd party applications like Fraps/TrackIR. Including support for copying ACRE plugin dll's to TS3\Plugins, and Jayarma2lib dsound.dll to game exe folder.

[*]Create shortcuts to your favorite Presets or to directly start the game with favorite mods and settings

[*]Full Localization and Internationalization support (preliminary Russian and German translations included)

[*]Increasing community server support

[*]Active Development and Support

Follow

gplus-64.png

Download, Support and Info

Current Version: 2.9.7pre

Related projects available at the Six Projects thread.

Looking For

• Documentation/Support assistance
  • Network Management assistance (Collecing Mods, Missions and information)
  • Development assistance ((Iron)Ruby, C#, .NET, WPF)
  • Mirror hosting
  • Server admins who wish to host custom repositories for their server and take full advantage of SU features

Image Gallery

SU Image Albums

nd7m2c_thumb.png

Edited by Sickboy

Congratz and good looking thread!

you know Six Updater is already released, don't you?

you know Six Updater is already released, don't you?

he maybe means 2.4 final :) :D

he maybe means 2.4 final :) :D

Knowing Sickboy, there is not such thing as final for him :)

Just to announce, Havoc Company have moved over to the SixUpdater methodology now and have just announced a full rollout next week, ditching previous systems.

The amount of time this saves server admins is huge, shifting from manual Yomas / ZIP pushing which can take up to half an hour per update is now down to a few minutes fully automated with the help of some batch work.

On top of this, support for the application is second to none, Sickboy fixes reported issues in less than 30 minutes from the ones I've experienced so far, while Yomas etc is good I think they are reaching their useful life due to lack of ongoing development.

Bravo

Havoc Company Repo - http://www.havoc-company.com:85/ (Redirects to Six Prompt)

Hosts:

@ACE

@ACEX

@CBA

@ACEX_RU

@ACEX_USNAVY

@ACEX_SM

@HAVOC

@CAA_HC (Ongoing OA CAA development for compatibility)

Usually latest builds.

Edited by rexehuk

The new Six Updater has been a huge improvement even since we've started using it, early at development version 2.1.

The time involved with the updating process is no longer an issue, given the huge advantage of the way downloads are handled, so even out of date players can just click a couple of buttons and be on the server in a matter of minutes instead of hours now. So much easier to provide support to users too, as the procedures are very simple and automated.

Server admins adopting this will be amazed how fast it can be to push updates to the repository, especially with rsync method. You can now deploy new addons without the fear of user's gripe. The server configs hold all the needed info, the user does not need to change anything, just open up SU and join as usual without fiddling with mod strings and moving files around.

Big thanks Sickboy, this is the number 1 Arma2 companion tool and I hope the community and BIS will soon realize the value of it's capabilities.

Yeah I have to say using URL method (with a yml file hosted) makes it very easy for me to make sure everyone play with the same addons and are always up to date. No more "wait you're not running addon X, please restart the game" (and that thing usually repeats 3-5 times with various addons), or "wait, addon Y is not up to date, please update and restart". Not to mention players coming on with addons that are not up to date and don't give a relevant message and instead just cause glitches.

Overall it really made my life easier. Now all it needs is fully automating ACRE updates and giving an option to leave the program running and update automatically when the user is not on the computer, and it'll be perfect.

Thanks guys!

I'm making final touches to SU v2.4, have released 2.4rc1 setup, and plan to release final RC sometime this weekend alongside blog, hopefully turning into 2.4 stable by next week.

Then probably a short break again, to then move on to SU v2.5.

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

Oh and still looking for helping hands and additional mirror hosts ;):

Looking For

• Support assistance
  • Network Management assistance (Collecing Mods, Missions and information)
  • Development assistance ((Iron)Ruby, C#, .NET, WPF)
  • Mirror hosting
  • Server admins who wish to host custom repositories for their server and take full advantage of SU features

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

Latest ArmA2 and SU stats posted: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1920282&postcount=5

Not sure if this is the right place to post now?

anyway i get this when i join my server via the SU

19:24:22: Free space on C:\: 9229 MB
19:24:22: Not allowed mods: @ACEX_SM

guessing it's not a issue as the sound mod still seems to load?

Also with regards your request for Mirror hosting let us know what is needed as i have dedi linux webserver with lots of space main issue i guess would be bandwidth.

Not sure if this is the right place to post now?

anyway i get this when i join my server via the SU

19:24:22: Not allowed mods: @ACEX_SM

guessing it's not a issue as the sound mod still seems to load?

Heya, the soundmod will still be loaded, but the server you're connecting to does not have it specified as an allowed mod, if you have setup the config for it, add @ACEX_SM to the :allowed_mods: section of the server yml, or comment :allowed_mods out of the config, basically signaling 'any mod is fine'.
Also with regards your request for Mirror hosting let us know what is needed as i have dedi linux webserver with lots of space main issue i guess would be bandwidth.
Thanks!

It requires a basic web-server with support for HTTP range requests for zSync,

and either the rSync client, with scheduled pull from the main mirror, or rSync daemon, so I schedule push from the main mirror.

Currently it's about 23 GB small.

Bandwidth required for updates is small, but there's of course also the full installs, most mirrors in the network currently handle 500kb+ per connection, if bandwidth is limited we can of course limit the amount of connections etc.

If you're still interested, perhaps we can go private on Skype chat or similair.

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

Overall it really made my life easier. Now all it needs is fully automating ACRE updates
Now with TS3 gone gold, you can expect it probably tomorrow :)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19455

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

And thar we goes, prototypes implemented of both ACRE plugin installation for TS3, and Player profile selection soon with ACE Clippi support as well!.

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h468/sickboy6th/Six%20Updater%202/Six%20Updater%2024/

Edited by Sickboy

ts3 ok? 87.106.201.76:9987 password is lol, should be around from 2pm GMT you can check my website to see if i'm on there.

All i can say is "Yoma who?" SU has made my life so easy with distribution of City Life RPG files to multiple hosts. Since i was asked to try it i just fell in love with it and i really do think that SB is feeding the tool with lots of user input making it very easy to use and setup.

Also with the Dev-Heaven support network all issues can be resolved or worked around.

I personally do not have the best computer in the world and even i have noticed lots of performance optimizing and out-put information changes with each n every single one being added for the good of the community.

I can't wait for the full "Download GUI" to be added (nudge nudge) as i feel that's only thing that its missing so far.

Hello,

i agree with armatech and underline it!!

I wanna thank for this great UserTool from a User, like Sickboy!

Thx for keeping it UserFriendly and for your hole work, like SU + ACE!!

My deep respect!

Best regards

McLupo

Six Updater 2.4 reaches release candidate status! (RC2):

logo300px.png

Release Notes

SU 2.5 Sneak Preview, UI Based Updater Progress: SU 2.5 Image album

Enjoy!

Edited by Sickboy

Hey Sickboy!

I´m going to install a fresh Windows on my PC. Is there any important Data from SU Folder that i have to Backup on my external HDD? (Modfolders are already copied)

Thanks in advance and thanks for this great Tool!

Hey Sickboy!

I´m going to install a fresh Windows on my PC. Is there any important Data from SU Folder that i have to Backup on my external HDD? (Modfolders are already copied)

Thanks in advance and thanks for this great Tool!

Heya,

If you want to keep your Six Updater configuration, you can backup the configuration folder, and restore it on your frseh system:

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Documentation#Configuration%20database%20/%20log%20files

Whoa. Fast Response, as usual.:)

Thanks for the Info!

Happy to announce the addition of another mirror to the official network, now counting 12 mirrors strong world-wide.

The mirror is kindly provided by Jman from KellysHeroes.

Looking for more interested hosters, details at; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Mirror_Setup

Edited by Sickboy

When will we see some linux tools to abuse the SU mirrors? I used to use the Yoma script from helling3r but it seems that all mirrors are disappearing.

Though, I would like to suggest to keep the linux tools somewhat native (so no ruby on rails, imo) to keep the dependencies a low as possible.

When will we see some linux tools to abuse the SU mirrors? I used to use the Yoma script from helling3r but it seems that all mirrors are disappearing.

Though, I would like to suggest to keep the linux tools somewhat native (so no ruby on rails, imo) to keep the dependencies a low as possible.

The legacy Six Updater Suite, incl the six-updater and six-rsync console apps, should still be functioning;

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+Linux

Also Dr Pulp's update script is linked there.

Alternatively you can sync a preset to your server from within the new updater, either by using FTP or rSync; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Updater_2_2_Upload_preset_to_server_by_FTP_or_rSync

I am planning to bring much of the new functionality in v2.0 and later versions to linux, but it is currently not my main priority.

Edited by Sickboy

Awesome, missed that one. I guess uploading with rSync is the easiest thing to do though. Does it support rSync over SSH (without password login but with a SSH key)?