Page 58 of 105 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckmeister View Post
    I have a question, I am very much a noob at Six Updater, so bear with me . In order for the Six Updater Portal to have the latest version of an add-on, is it the responsibility of the add-on author, or the responsibility of someone like Sickboy at the SU Portal? I ask this because a new version of MCC Sandbox came out a few days ago, and it has not appeared in the Six Updater yet. I realize that people are very busy and such, but I just didn't want to go around bugging the wrong person to update it since I'd much rather download it through SU than download the new version manually. Thanks.
    Heya - Currently it's my job, but the plan is still to make it manageable by authors as well, probably at v3.
    If you like you can notify about new updates or mods to add at: http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

I've updated MCC on the network in the meantime.

Great! Really appreciate all of your work. Thank you!

Author of the Thread
    Take on Rearmed now fully supported, with few caveats until next update:
    https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30329#note-9

Up on auto self update!

Thanks for the update SB. For my own interest only, is there any reason why you put the beta files in "beta_toh" rather than just "beta"? Confused me for a while 'cos I had the beta already and had added my own Rearmed profile! All sorted now, I just wondered.

Secondly...

I have been adding Arma mods to the ToH folder using the windows junction command for re-armed. Is Six going to be able to sort out which are Arma mods and which are ToH mods and put them and get them from the right place? Currently I am adding mods manually to the shortcut line in the profile for re-armed, but it would be good to be able to select them like we do with Arma and ToH - if only to get six to work out the dependencies. At the moment, it seems that Six wants me to install the Arma mods again in the ToH folder for re-armed when using your new game profiles.

I get the feeling that ReArmed might make life a little more tricky for you!!
    Jedra's Addons
    Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
    Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedra View Post
    Thanks for the update SB. For my own interest only, is there any reason why you put the beta files in "beta_toh" rather than just "beta"? Confused me for a while 'cos I had the beta already and had added my own Rearmed profile! All sorted now, I just wondered.

Secondly...

I have been adding Arma mods to the ToH folder using the windows junction command for re-armed. Is Six going to be able to sort out which are Arma mods and which are ToH mods and put them and get them from the right place? Currently I am adding mods manually to the shortcut line in the profile for re-armed, but it would be good to be able to select them like we do with Arma and ToH - if only to get six to work out the dependencies. At the moment, it seems that Six wants me to install the Arma mods again in the ToH folder for re-armed when using your new game profiles.

I get the feeling that ReArmed might make life a little more tricky for you!!
    There already is a beta modfolder for A2 Original's beta. Perhaps in the future SU'll support colliding modfolder names (cross games) :P

For the mods, you can do multiple things:
    - Make symlinks per modfolder
    - Set the TOH game profile's ModPath to A2 / OA
    - Move all modfolders to a common location (say C:\mods) and use that as Global ModPath (in the Options), so you don't need to worry about it in any Game Profile

I personally use option 3.
    Perhaps supporting multiple "ModPaths" at once could be an idea, but perhaps more trouble than it's worth (ticketed; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30461)

I think SU supports Rearmed pretty well. Game, family and edition support is actually very flexible and future proof
    some more improvements coming later, while CBA and ACE rearmed updates will be available tomorrow.
    Last edited by Sickboy; Apr 18 2012 at 13:29.

Moving the mod folders to a common place is a good idea - I think I will do that - all this symlinking is looking messy! I can't see a real need for multiple mod paths except for when Arma 3 comes out - probably want to keep Arma3 mods separate from Arma2/ToH. Unless it can traverse sub directories so you have c:\mods\arma2, c:\mods\toh, c:\mods\arma3, c:\mods\carriercommand (the last one being wishful thinking!).

I am impressed with the versitility of Six. I could run rearmed from the moment the beta was released. I can run all flavours of Arma (including PR) and ToH just by selecting a drop down box. It absolutely amazes me that people are still asking how to use shortcuts and switches!

Move modfolders in subfolder and you have to symlink only that one.

Like:
    x:\mods\* -> c:\arma\mods\*

Please consider to vote for my Make Arma Not War submissions:

### Blitzkrieg GameMode -Scenario [SP] ###
    ### Blitzkrieg GameMode -RandomMode [SP] ###

Thank you!

Author of the Thread
    New SU build up, fixing issues with changing Mod and Game Profile types.
    Check out http://www.six-projects.net/Six_Upda...ame%20Editions for the new available Game Editions.
    Last edited by Sickboy; Apr 16 2012 at 12:04.

I've just updated (build 2.9.5030) and now in standard ACE preset I see CBA_A2/CBA_OA and it offers me to install both, but I have CO and can't remove them from preset, it says:

13:48:14: Please confirm: Are you sure you want to remove @CBA_A2 from CUST - A2 OA - A.C.E.
    13:48:16: Didn't find @CBA_A2. Perhaps it is a dependency for another mod or selected server

What should I do?

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by MessiahUA View Post
    What should I do?
    Read the CBA release notes over at the CBA thread.
    Last edited by Sickboy; Apr 16 2012 at 12:05.

Page 58 of 105 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast