Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by ReconTeam View Post
    Does SixUpdater copy every file twice? I'm seeing all of my addons and stuff in their regular folders, but everything seems to duplicated in .rsync folders. Why is this?
    http://www.six-projects.net/Six_Upda...load%20methods

Hi all I need some help.

I am using latest ARMA 2 beta version and when I do an update in SU and then tick the beta box and create a desktop short cut.

If I launce the game via short cut and look at bottom right of screen the beta version never matches the version I installed.
    I deleted all versions of the old beta but still six dont see the latest version I installed.

Please advise.

Thanks

Author of the Thread
    Try to delete the beta folder, it resides in the expansion folder.
    Also remove any arma related folders and files from your VirtualStore folder (C:\users\yourname\appdata\local\VirtualStore)
    Then reinstall the beta with SU and try again. Also make sure you recently synchronized with the SU portal.
    Last edited by Sickboy; Mar 5 2012 at 07:50.

Hi thanks for the reply.

I did delete the BETA folder BUT I did not delete the files from the VirtualStore folder so will try that all so did not synchronize SU so thanks will try that ASAP.

Still no luck.

I deleted old BETA

I have looked in C:\users\yourname\appdata\local\VirtualStore and I have nothing in there (show hidden files is enabled)

And I have resynced SU but still shows an old version of ARMA in SU not the latest version.

SU shows 89223 and when I start ARMA it to shows 89223 I have created a desktop short cut in SU BTW this is how I have all ways done it but now it just dont work .

Ticket created

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29163
    Last edited by stk2008; Mar 5 2012 at 19:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickboy View Post
    Six Updater is WPF-based and utilizes the GPU/DirectX to render, this has been the case since the initial SU v2.0 release, over a year ago.

If you are experiencing driver crashes, there's something wrong with your driver, videocard or system, I recommend fixing the actual issue instead.
    I reckon these issues can also occur if you are using 'special GPU utilities', like Radeon Pro, GPU Meter Gadget, older TS3 overlay plugins etc, probably also Overclocking etc.

Why not upgrade beyond the October edition? They're almost half a year old?
    Thanks for the reply. I was using the drivers because my performance was good with them. Actually, in the days just before I posted nvidia released some new drivers which have probably fixed the problem (no crashes with them since installing) but I hadn't got around to updating.

There was nothing wrong with my particular system, unfortunately this problem affects anyone with a recent GeForce card and any drivers from last year through February this year. Specifically, it's an issue with Windows 7 and how it monitors the GPU, when the card powers down for power saving, sometimes W7 thinks the card drivers have crashed, and reboots them (known as a 'TDR' problem). I guess the process is similar when using Six Updater (card powers up and down a lot when switching views/idling).

Might be important for you to know for future reference! Also, a fix would be to allow software rendering.

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I was using the drivers because my performance was good with them. Actually, in the days just before I posted nvidia released some new drivers which have probably fixed the problem (no crashes with them since installing) but I hadn't got around to updating.

There was nothing wrong with my particular system, unfortunately this problem affects anyone with a recent GeForce card and any drivers from last year through February this year. Specifically, it's an issue with Windows 7 and how it monitors the GPU, when the card powers down for power saving, sometimes W7 thinks the card drivers have crashed, and reboots them (known as a 'TDR' problem). I guess the process is similar when using Six Updater (card powers up and down a lot when switching views/idling).

Might be important for you to know for future reference! Also, a fix would be to allow software rendering.
    Cheers!

According to http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jgoldb/archi...ge-in-wpf.aspx
    you can disable the HW rendering yourself:
    You set the global registry key. E.g.:
    (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graph ics]
    "DisableHWAcceleration"=dword:00000000 )
    Otherwise I could deal with a setting in the program;
    RenderOptions.ProcessRenderMode = RenderMode.SoftwareOnly;
    I suspect the issue affects other WPF programs as well so seems to make sense to disable it globally instead.

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    I've been curious why when SU updates it uninstalls and reinstalls the entire program insted of just updating the old files?

and also why you're not allowed to close the program when its 'busy' other than ending prosess?
    ^^^ Click it... you know you want to... ^^^

Author of the Thread
    It only does an uninstall and full reinstall for Major Upgrades. Major Upgrades are sometimes needed to replace files that have no changing Version id's, or other major changes.
    Minor upgrades are the ones usually performed, and these just deal with changed files.
    Dealing with MSP's (patches) I find too cumbersome for the time being.

You may not exit when busy because it would have unforeseen consequences, data corruption etc. Close anyway on your own peril.
    For starters, any changes made to settings or records applied during this session, will be lost.
    Some actions, like executing the updater actions are cancelable. Press the abort button and then exit gracefully once aborted.
    Last edited by Sickboy; Mar 13 2012 at 08:42.

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Sickboy View Post
    It only does an uninstall and full reinstall for Major Upgrades. Major Upgrades are sometimes needed to replace files that have no changing Version id's, or other major changes.
    Minor upgrades are the ones usually performed, and these just deal with changed files.
    Dealing with MSP's (patches) I find too cumbersome for the time being.
    Ah, okay cheers, it just seems nearly every day in the last week SU has been uninstalling and reinstalling when i open it(which is a little anoying when trying to multitask as Windows likes to switch windows, damn microsoft...)

Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast