Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

Indeed server owners will most likely run their servers with the lowest common nominator, alas all the GPS, crosshairs and whatnot enabled. I suppose they don't want to limit their possible player base to the ones that like most immersion. And indeed it is their right to do it so, they after all pay for the server.

I am just hoping that we will see some server with PR type gameplay and settings. I suppose i am alone with my opinion here...

There is a simple solution to this, but it involves you having to do stuff....

I ensure you, the tank battles are really epic, by my opinion. I play with tanks every day, and never got bored yet, although I am developer.

Btw, can you switch crewman positions while inside the tank, just like in I44/RO2/DH/RO1?

I know, not that realistic, but more practical in MP cos that way you can have about double the tank amount in the action instead of 2-3 guys in one tank and half the tanks in the action.

One could also introduce a few second delay for changing positions. That way those that can and want to team tank will have the advantage they are entitled to.

I ensure you, the tank battles are really epic, by my opinion. I play with tanks every day, and never got bored yet, although I am developer.

Thanks, I've just joined your forums.

Good luck with the release.

Good luck from me too, the obvious ammount of work and dedication that has gone into this shall be rewarded.

Good luck from me too, the obvious ammount of work and dedication that has gone into this shall be rewarded.

I hope that there will be some magic and features with air fights too... :rolleyes:

raptor90: as for the matters of magic ...like Nazi UFO investigations in the area of WW2 Poland? Right on! :yay:

Cant wait to get my hands on this on the 25th, and I have convinced a few other freinds to preorder the game aswell so I hope you have great success with it. (and cannot wait for the tank battles - the way they should be)

Any random voices both for Russian and German in the battle? And roaring slogans such as "for staling, for mother land ", etc.

Btw, can you switch crewman positions while inside the tank, just like in I44/RO2/DH/RO1?

I know, not that realistic, but more practical in MP cos that way you can have about double the tank amount in the action instead of 2-3 guys in one tank and half the tanks in the action.

One could also introduce a few second delay for changing positions. That way those that can and want to team tank will have the advantage they are entitled to.

Yes, you can switch crewman positions while inside the tank.

Sorry searched but couldn't find any info on whether this game will be released via digital distribution on the 25th as well?

Any store could deliver the game disc to China or accept the preorder from there?

Is there any word on North American retailers carrying the DVD version yet?

As far as I know, the game will be on stores in North America too.

I'm really, really curious about AI. Should we expect Vanilla A2 AI, or improved with some features from community-made addons, like ZeusAI or ASR_AI? Will inter squad communication have limited range? Will squads cooperate (or at least share info) if can communicate via radio? Or maybe some more tricky features?

Oh, and will they have sniper-like accuracy with bolt-actions?

As far as I know, the game will be on stores in North America too.

There needs to be a "Where to buy" page on the game website and maybe a thread on the official forum with a list of confirmed stores that have placed orders for the game.

Definitely, I haven't bought a good game in a store for a while. I'm hoping this can fix that and my large-scale eastern front craving in one move.

I'm really, really curious about AI. Should we expect Vanilla A2 AI, or improved with some features from community-made addons, like ZeusAI or ASR_AI? Will inter squad communication have limited range? Will squads cooperate (or at least share info) if can communicate via radio? Or maybe some more tricky features?

Oh, and will they have sniper-like accuracy with bolt-actions?

Indeed, AI was/are/will be the ArmA main problem, and every game good as its weakest part... The AI is typical for RTS rather to FPS.

In addition when you want better AI then you should realize that it would give additional work to at all busy CPU... So the frames will be even lower.

I think the AI is good in Arma 2 its set to large scale battles and not in closed corridors like in... Uhhm all other fps games ?

Edited by raptor90

I'm not even expecting resonable AI behaviour inside buildings, I know IF:L44 won't have new AI. More like, I'm expecting actual improvements already done in possible areas. Mentioned ASR_AI isn't really resource heavy mod, but some features, like squads sharing enemy info if close enough, or AI rearming by itself, make huge difference gameplay-wise.

Its possible though, who knows... Let Awar/X1 Software surprise us.

Indeed, AI was/are/will be the ArmA main problem, and every game good as its weakest part... The AI is typical for RTS rather to FPS.

In addition when you want better AI then you should realize that it would give additional work to at all busy CPU... So the frames will be even lower.

I think the AI is good in Arma 2 its set to large scale battles and not in closed corridors like in... Uhhm all other fps games ?

Well, the good thing is that it supports mods, so we should/could expect improvements on the AI/balancing front that the vanilla releases on the engines aren't able to do. For starters, any mod that tampers with the 'superhuman' nature of the AI in the vanilla releases, for one.

What I'm curious about is this: we have ACE mod support for Take on Helicopters, so should we expect the same support here as well?

and now try imagine what they could do with ARMA 3 engine ;)

can't wait for sequel

Well, the good thing is that it supports mods,

Imo this is a two-sided issue;

It is good that ppl can run the mods they like and make the game more as they want it to be.

On the other hand it will most likely make the MP scene as complex as in vA2, so every server runs their mods and addons which makes joining a server as horrible as in vA2 and spreads the community up. The good thing about PR and DayZ is that there are no extra special islands and rare addons that you have to hunt down, you just start the mod and play. No hassle.

I don`t think that IF will ever even need any mods, its pretty realistic from stock. Note that Awar devs love their work and they will keep it improving even more;)