Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

This list posted by Guod suggests Steam, BI Store and some other digital service. Its not set in stone though.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...569468/10.html
    Last edited by sparks50; May 8 2012 at 18:11.

Is there any word on North American retailers carrying the DVD version yet?

Any store could deliver the game disc to China or accept the preorder from there?

Quote Originally Posted by jblackrupert View Post
    Is there any word on North American retailers carrying the DVD version yet?
    As far as I know, the game will be on stores in North America too.

I'm really, really curious about AI. Should we expect Vanilla A2 AI, or improved with some features from community-made addons, like ZeusAI or ASR_AI? Will inter squad communication have limited range? Will squads cooperate (or at least share info) if can communicate via radio? Or maybe some more tricky features?

Oh, and will they have sniper-like accuracy with bolt-actions?
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by panzer_baron View Post
    As far as I know, the game will be on stores in North America too.

There needs to be a "Where to buy" page on the game website and maybe a thread on the official forum with a list of confirmed stores that have placed orders for the game.

Definitely, I haven't bought a good game in a store for a while. I'm hoping this can fix that and my large-scale eastern front craving in one move.

Quote Originally Posted by boota View Post
    I'm really, really curious about AI. Should we expect Vanilla A2 AI, or improved with some features from community-made addons, like ZeusAI or ASR_AI? Will inter squad communication have limited range? Will squads cooperate (or at least share info) if can communicate via radio? Or maybe some more tricky features?

Oh, and will they have sniper-like accuracy with bolt-actions?
    Indeed, AI was/are/will be the ArmA main problem, and every game good as its weakest part... The AI is typical for RTS rather to FPS.
    In addition when you want better AI then you should realize that it would give additional work to at all busy CPU... So the frames will be even lower.
    I think the AI is good in Arma 2 its set to large scale battles and not in closed corridors like in... Uhhm all other fps games ?
    Last edited by raptor90; May 10 2012 at 08:53.

I'm not even expecting resonable AI behaviour inside buildings, I know IF:L44 won't have new AI. More like, I'm expecting actual improvements already done in possible areas. Mentioned ASR_AI isn't really resource heavy mod, but some features, like squads sharing enemy info if close enough, or AI rearming by itself, make huge difference gameplay-wise.

Its possible though, who knows... Let Awar/X1 Software surprise us.

Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast