Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Fox Studio WIP Report

Yes,I know where I can find sections, but I thought that polys more important.
    Our models have 13 sections.
    Member of the RedFox Studio

First Lieutenant CameronMcDonald's Avatar
    Sections are more important than polies in A2 due to the way that modern graphics cards render.

It would be great if you could work on reducing the number of sections for your units.

For example, I once made an addon for ArmA, and managed to keep each unit down to less than 5 sections. This means you can have tonnes of units on the map with very little performance hit (like the standard BIS units).

The BIS model Russian soldier is 6 sections and 7,500 polies in the most detailed LOD. You should aim for each of your guys to have no more than 8, I reckon, seeing as you are adding quite a bit of kit.

The way to reduce sections is to combine texture UVs, so rather than using 4 1024 x 1024 textures, for example, use 1 2048 x 2048. This would mean a reduction from 4 sections to 1.

At lot of the custom Russian units released in the past (for example, the VDV) are very performance heavy due to a lot of sections. I don't want to see these motostreloks suffer the same fate.
    Everyone tempted to post another inane/useless/whogivesatoss topic in the A3 forum - here.

Sections are more important than polies in A2 due to the way that modern graphics cards render.
    Indeed, a 20,000 poly model with 4 sections is better than a 5,000 poly model with 25 sections.

As Cam has said, aiming for 4 sections is great, not too sure how the GPU works it all out but the LODs in the model mean that the actual poly count isn't too important if they really high detail LODs are only visible close up.
    STALKERGB ♪♫ FYI AFK IRL...

British Infantry for ARMA 3

British 3 Rifle MTP ARMA2 - Twitter with updates on WIP: @Mat_Kav

Is the motorized infantry something like regulars? So that they arent special in any sort.

Also, how can we support you?

(\_/)
    (O.o)copy the bunny into your sig
    ( ><) help him achieve world dominashun

Quote Originally Posted by ziiip View Post
    Is the motorized infantry something like regulars? So that they arent special in any sort.

Also, how can we support you?
    motorized infantry is regular army of Russia.
    If we have problems with smth, I'll ask you.
    TSH-5 yes,but later,when all soldiers will be ready we make a crew.

cranky old vet
    low sections or bust.

Looking great!
    Any new development with Gruppa "A" units (from max)? I've noticed that the closed visors only work properly with the _pmc faces for some reason. Adding english names to the stringtable and adding namesound, portrait, and icons to the units are minor tweaks of course.
    Keep on!
    Last edited by DiFool; Jun 27 2011 at 17:51.

Hi all,I want to show you one small news about our addon "Moden motorized infantry RF"
    We added only one new feature - 6SH92 version for infantry(that version has pocket for AK). I think to make version with open pocket(that pocket will have 2 magazines)
    I hope you'll enjoy the watching.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast