Sign in to follow this  
Harine

Red Fox Studio WIP Report

Looks very very good, I want those spesnaz right NOW! Btw, is Slayer involved?

Yes, We have special permission of slayer to use his camo.

So,I show you a new screen of new equipment. Screen was made in o2.

preview.png

:icon_eek:

Really promising. Keep on like this.

So, it's the time I can show you our new screens.

The first I want to say all of you what we made from the latest update:

-added the new version of the 6B26 helmet in a case

-changed texture of goggles

-changed texture and updated model of the vest 6SH92-5

-added bulletproof 6B13

I hope you'll enjoy the watching :)

preview.png

How many sections do your guys have? I love them, but similar releases have been plagued by poor performance. I would like to see RFS not fall into the same trap. :)

Models have 6000 polys and other models have 8000 polys.

Heh! I'm worried about section count, mate! I'm interested to know what performance will be like, seeing as section count is more important than poly count where modern GPUs are concerned. :)

Where to find the section count in O2.

Use the most detailed LOD.

Yes,I know where I can find sections, but I thought that polys more important.

Our models have 13 sections.

Sections are more important than polies in A2 due to the way that modern graphics cards render.

It would be great if you could work on reducing the number of sections for your units.

For example, I once made an addon for ArmA, and managed to keep each unit down to less than 5 sections. This means you can have tonnes of units on the map with very little performance hit (like the standard BIS units).

The BIS model Russian soldier is 6 sections and 7,500 polies in the most detailed LOD. You should aim for each of your guys to have no more than 8, I reckon, seeing as you are adding quite a bit of kit.

The way to reduce sections is to combine texture UVs, so rather than using 4 1024 x 1024 textures, for example, use 1 2048 x 2048. This would mean a reduction from 4 sections to 1.

At lot of the custom Russian units released in the past (for example, the VDV) are very performance heavy due to a lot of sections. I don't want to see these motostreloks suffer the same fate. :)

Sections are more important than polies in A2 due to the way that modern graphics cards render.

Indeed, a 20,000 poly model with 4 sections is better than a 5,000 poly model with 25 sections.

As Cam has said, aiming for 4 sections is great, not too sure how the GPU works it all out but the LODs in the model mean that the actual poly count isn't too important if they really high detail LODs are only visible close up.

Is the motorized infantry something like regulars? So that they arent special in any sort.

Also, how can we support you?

Is the motorized infantry something like regulars? So that they arent special in any sort.

Also, how can we support you?

motorized infantry is regular army of Russia.

If we have problems with smth, I'll ask you.

TSH-5 yes,but later,when all soldiers will be ready we make a crew.

Looking great!

Any new development with Gruppa "A" units (from max)? I've noticed that the closed visors only work properly with the _pmc faces for some reason. Adding english names to the stringtable and adding namesound, portrait, and icons to the units are minor tweaks of course.

Keep on!

Edited by DiFool

Hi all,I want to show you one small news about our addon "Moden motorized infantry RF"

We added only one new feature - 6SH92 version for infantry(that version has pocket for AK). I think to make version with open pocket(that pocket will have 2 magazines)

I hope you'll enjoy the watching.

preview.png

Fantastic! Looking forward to see them in action.

no yet. I tryied to make texturex size 1024x1024 from 2048x2048,and it doesn't bring me any luck.

I have some news from our front.

We added new bulletproof-vest 6B23

It has 2 complete in editor:

-one 6B23

-6B23 under load bearing vest 6SH92

Also we added materials(rvmat) almost for all new things.

Added new load bearing vest 6SH112

preview.pngpreview.pngpreview.png

Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

these guys are looking better with every screenshot. Eagerly awaiting these guys to kick some butt :)

but I have one question: on the middle picture it looks like one of the guys' AK has a sling, am I just seeing things or did you manage to create a working sling for rifles?

anyway keep up the good work!