Sign in to follow this  
OrLoK

I44 Domination 2 Chenarus

Hello all

These are a re-edit of an old domination i44 I had lying around for a year or so and have been playing with and rediting for my own enjoyment, Ive now added 2.5 vehicles/troops etc etc.

Just to reiterate, this is for I44 2.5, probably wont work with earlier versions.

Ta to original creator (lost in the mists of time) and obviously Xeno.

To keep thinks simple this is the last public release for a while as too many are escaping into the wild.

https://rapidshare.com/files/460468399/i44_Dom_Ger_nogyro_fx_lok_1.5b.Chernarus.pbo

Revive should be re enabled / civs removed for fps increase / arty drop now a flak

Artillery (for arty operators) and ammodrop (for alpha squad leader) has been re-enabled.

Armaholic mirror: (outdated)

- I44 Domination 2 Co-40 (@)

rgds

OrLoK

PS My link doesn't always like the Chrome browser, try a right click and "save link as" if you have difficulty downloading.

PPS Obviously you need the I44 mod and its dependencies.

Edited by orlok
updating title and content keeping it simple

Cool dude. I was working on an I44 Domination also. Will try this out and see how it came out. Thanks for the conversion.

Good to hear! :D

I hear alot of people waiting on a good i44 domi

Will definitely test this convert out

Let me know if you get your domi sorted out too, proto :cool:

Thanks for your efforts gents

post deleted due to now having no relevance to op.

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

Hi!

Great work! But:

I thing there should be more Basedefense ... the p51s kills everything and the 1x 20mm Flak38 is a bit weak. there should stay more Flak - 4x20mm and 8.8s with crew.

And it would also great to see the i44 modules in the mission! For weaponresting and animations!

please add it ;)

Greets from the BlackForest

hello there

hey Einherjer, great to see you join the bis forums. Welcome! Ill be adding decent flak to the airbase tomorrow. Its nice to see someone join just to give feedback.

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

Will try further :)

Maybe, if the domi works fine and there are no takistani and speznac, it will run on our Server :)

Hope so ;)

Hello there,

did you actually find any modern units on the map?

there may be a few modern civs wandering about, but as they were quite "third world-ish" they mostly suited the environ and gave the island some life.

if you find any modern troops id like to know.

rgds

LoK

Hello

good to hear there's no modern units.

Check the first post for updates. I dont want to be self bumping by adding unesssecary posts

hope you like it.

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

Ok we think the civs have to get evacuated from chernarus - they need too much performance ;)

can u make a second version without civs?

and are there other performance killers? maybe the weater effects?

Hello there,

If civs are an issue I'll remove them for the next version.

Can anyone else comment on civ (or any other module) lag/fps impact?

Im learning this on the fly, so I dont have the experience that other mission editors have.

rgds

LoK

Definitely remove Civ's to free up some processing time for the AI which actually fire back :P

Cool edit dude. You keep working in the German version and I will plug away at the American/Brit version. I might hit you up on a PM to compare notes and swap ideas. I am working with the last version of Domination that came out before the cry babies of the forums caused xeno to stop working on it.

***Can anyone report if revive is working or not? ***

Hello there

Ill definitely remove civs, as well as change the artillery drop to something other than the pak as its of limited value.

I started with the pintle pak (as it could rotate) version but it looked "wrong" for an air dropped piece.

Any prefrences as to what should be dropped? The 88's (i know thats not their exact designation) seem a bit too big to be air carried, but the smaller flak seems the right size for cargo but might be a little underpowered.

Or shall i just stick to the pintle pak?

Thoughts?

@prototype, feel free to PM me to swap ideas etc, although ill probably be the one picking your brain rather than visa versa.

Seeing the amount of work thats's gone into (even this earlyer version) of Domination, i'm finding new highs of respect for Xeno, wading through thousands of lines of code just to alter a few perameters for me is a nightmare, I cant imaging how hard it was to actually write it in the first place.

It's a shame folk didnt appreciate him and he was provoked into dropping the project.

Anyhow, back OT, let me know what you'd like to see in game as I'd rather release versions with major changes rather than as I did before releasing smaller increments.

Keep the feedback coming, without your prompting i wont know what direction to go in.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

I got revive working in US/BRIT version. I will play with German version tonight and see if I can get it working. The problem might be in revive init under who can revive part.

Hello there,

Did you revive with the medic? (Arzt) thats whats set. ill add others.

rgds

LoK

Just in case it really is broken, ill be uploading a non revive version up here this evening.

Edited by orlok

Hi.

Thanks for the port.

Yes, please remove Alice. It's a FPS dropper. Especially at Domination. :)

Revive is not working because of this (not tested, just had a quick look):

_can_revive = "I44_Man_G_WH_Medic-Arzt";
_can_revive_2 = "";
_can_revive_3 = "";
_can_revive_4 = "";
_can_be_revived = "I44_Man_G_WH_Medic-Arzt";
_can_be_revived_2 = "";
_can_be_revived_3 = "";
_can_be_revived_4 = "";
_medic_1 = "I44_Man_G_WH_Medic-Arzt";
_medic_2 = _soldier2a;

It should look like this (i think):

_can_revive = "I44_Man_G_WH_Medic";
_can_revive_2 = "";
_can_revive_3 = "";
_can_revive_4 = "";
_can_be_revived = "SoldierEB";
_can_be_revived_2 = "";
_can_be_revived_3 = "";
_can_be_revived_4 = "";
_medic_1 = "I44_Man_G_WH_Medic";
_medic_2 = _soldier2a;

:thumbsup:

Hello there,

Thanks, for the code check, just a copy and paste error from an old website's classnames, ill reup in a few mins.

rgds

LoK

Small and possible insignificant comment but the Hanamog (halftrack) tracks animation are not there. Runs fine though.

I take it that once the planes reach aboout 400 meters up that they leave a contrail? When I saw it firstm I said OH "insert comment here"! I thought I had been hit.

Also I didn't notice items from the AO being noted on the maps after I flew over. Was this intentunally left out or what?

hello there,

sorry for late reply. "real life" has been busy.

All those features and bugs are part of i44 rather than the mission itself, unless im missing something?

Again, im just converting/continuing xenos (and then "xxx"'s work), so many things may be broken/bugged.

Ive also heard from other editors that the weapon resting module causes the dumb ai issue, can anyone confirm this?

rgds

LoK

Work on the Evolution is going good. Just tracking down script errors down I also started a US/BRIT Domination based off of xenos last release. I am having trouble getting the reinforcements to jump out of the plane that flys over. I will send you a download link so you see if there is anything you can use in your mission.

Keep up the great work dude. I am having a blast playing this.

Hello there,

Glad you like it id love to see what youve managed to do.

I too am having issues with the para reinforcements. (amongst other things!)

Keep us all informed on your progress.

Rgds

Lok

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place for bug reports but,

I found in the Side Mission where you blow the dropped cruise missile, the missile doesn't appear.

I realise this is a port, just thought I'd let you know.

I haven't seen anything else game breaking. So far its really nice. Good to be back on Cherno doing something different :D

Thanks for the work.