Sign in to follow this  
Westsailor

Might be a dumb question but...

Well, after 3-4 days of downloading 10's of Gbytes (ugh!) and futzing around trying to get CO to work properly I'm finally there.

in the meantime (as a stone cold newbie) I've been in boot camp whenever possible.

But now that I have everything d/l'd, installed & running I've heard that vanilla sounds leave a bit to be desired so I'd like to upgrade to better sounds. I have a nice outboard 24 bit 96Khz 5.1 sound system and would like to take advantage of it.

My (dumb newbie) question is, will ArmA 2 sound mods work with Operation Arrowhead/Combined Ops?

I know it's a loaded question but if not, any particular recommendations for a good sound add-on for OA/CO??

Since OA and the DLC add new weapons, sound mods made strictly for Arma2 may not work with those weapons (chances are they'll either be the wrong sound or no sound at all). However, most sound mods have been updated to include OA, so it shouldn't be a problem

Yes they will work and it might be an idea next time to phrase your topic title a little better, ie describing what it is about.

For future references:

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people

to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..."

are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

Arma2 sounds mod should work in CO as CO is arma2 and OA together.

Here are 2 places on armaholic for sound mods:

Arma2

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_files_addons_soundmods

OA

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_oa_files_addons_soundmods

J.S.R.S.

RWS

HIFI

CSM2

Being the popular sound mods, I suggest listening to vids of those mods before you

make a decision on eone you like.

What is best for someone else will not be best for you, sound is a personal taste and

or preference, so its up to you what sounds good to you.