Sign in to follow this  
moggel

[Resolved] ARMA 2 OA is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted

I just made a clean install for ARMA 2 Combined Ops. but I cannot patch it. I downloaded patch 1.59 but when I try to install it I get the message you see in this posts's title:

"ARMA 2 OA is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted"

I've seen suggestions that there must be a "MAIN" node in the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interractive\ArmA 2 (yes, I'm running Windows 7 x64) and there wasn't. I went ahead and created the registry node but I still get the same problem.

My installation is on my "gaming HDD" in this path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

I'm out of ideas here.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks

Edited by Dwarden
resolved problem

Normally it should be enough to start the game once after installing. (But before patching, obviously.)

Normally it should be enough to start the game once after installing. (But before patching, obviously.)

I did start it, as far as the menu being displayed (where a carrier passes by and so on) but then I exited. Do I need to start a mission/training?

No, you just need to start the game once. That way it should write all necessary reg keys so you can patch it.

No, you just need to start the game once. That way it should write all necessary reg keys so you can patch it.

In that case it doesn't work.

Any other ideas, anyone?

what about post what's inside the MAIN key (avoid posting the KEY as that's your game key)

what about post what's inside the MAIN key (avoid posting the KEY as that's your game key)

This is the value in MAIN: E:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

I've double checked and it complies with the game root folder.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Seems the problem was: I had only installed ArmA 2 and not Operation Arrowhead. I had no idea OA was actually a later version of ArmA 2 so thought I'd upgrade and install OA after that. As I installed OA it appeared ArmA 2 was upgraded to 1.07 at the same time. Having installed OA I can patch just fine.

Thanks for you help guys

Edited by moggel

good You figured it out ;)

btw. latest version of ARMA 2 is 1.09 and it should patched together with OA being updated to 1.59

it's important if You use A2 content inside OA (as A2:CO)