GalComT

German Armed Forces WIP Thread

I'd just like to say, if this has a Wiesel ATGM version and a Marder, I'm downloading the hell out of it the second it gets released.

I like the U1300L/U1550L. :thumbsup:

If I could offer a bit of “nit picking†critique based on >20 years of personal use of Unimog’s, you will seldom if ever see “blobs†of mud splashed on the cab like that without the front bumper and lights being covered with thick slimy mud and things like the towing pin and removable bumper centre filled/blocked with the mud, the “blobs†of mud splashed/sprayed on the fuel tank and battery box is about right.

My Unimog (U1600): :D

Hi b101_uk

Thanks for the input on the dirt, i used to have the entire front complety mud covered to make the side part authentic (as ive been told by another mog driver that one rarely sees dirt on that part of the mog unless the entire thing is pretty much one ball of slimy mud), however my team mates thought it was way to much dirt, so i reduced it a bit, if you look closely the front bumper is still covered in mud. If you have some reference pics of realy dirty mog that would definetly be helpfull to make it more authentic.

Oh and nice mog btw :)

Thanks for this. Thats great. I was codriver of that in my service time :). Our version was funny because he had everything painted in bronze-olive but the bumper was in old olive drab :D

Edited by Foxhound
do not quote images

Yes these repainted vehicles in the German Armed Forces sometimes look very funny Marseille. I think you´ll enjoy your former service-vehicle.

GAFSIGJAENTZEN.jpg

After a longer pause of only a few news, we have some bigger news today.

We have entered a corporation with the swedish forces pack to bring you the BV206D in german versions, swedish versions as well as some other versions such as british UN and so on.

In addition to that we are getting closer to our first release. Anyways here are the latest pictures.

Wiesel MK20

xe6bz65e45u.png

Recon Tank Luchs

khrf48a8fxer.png

ckqgq84ff8g.png

Unimog and Fennek

xqbpmwqipa1a.png

BV206D German

edua1iba94g.png

BV206D Swedish

a7sva1kwwqig.png

We hope you enjoy the pictures

as usual more pictures can be found on our Website

Great pictures, I can't wait to see the BV206 in action. :)

Since you are working older gear like the Luchs too, do you have any plans for Bundeswehr units from the late 90's oder early 2000's? Maybe KFOR soldiers with Bristol vests?

afg89.th.jpg5546223fbd282244bm.th.jpg110728sicherungsposten3.th.jpgkosovowaldwpolit584280p.th.jpg

Edited by Fingolfin

Great pictures, I can't wait to see the BV206 in action. :)

Since you are working older gear like the Luchs too, do you have any plans for Bundeswehr units from the late 90's oder early 2000's? Maybe KFOR soldiers with Bristol vests?

Yes the Infantrie Units we have planned are pretty much heading towards a more traditional standard Soldier, the Initial ones will be wearing the regular german flakvest and the simple "koppeltragegestell". Another set of units is aiming to recreate the look of the german participation in the 1993/1994 UNOSOM II Mission. So i would say yes to Bristol vests as well, as it fits the timeframe of the addons we are covering.

Yes the Infantrie Units we have planned are pretty much heading towards a more traditional standard Soldier, the Initial ones will be wearing the regular german flakvest and the simple "koppeltragegestell". Another set of units is aiming to recreate the look of the german participation in the 1993/1994 UNOSOM II Mission. So i would say yes to Bristol vests as well, as it fits the timeframe of the addons we are covering.

These are great news. I am really looking forward to your first release!

This will be so awesome! Can't wait, keep up the good work!

Work on the GD250 "Wolf" has continued and it is almost ready

fvhcmkb14avc.png

j32ttjnpgq5l.png

The Wolf has 2 seats in the back - am I right?

Could you add a slightly changed version with benches in the back like in the Puch G - the Austrian version of the Wolf...

If you can provide me some ref material then sure i can do that.

Andere_PKW_MERCEDES_PUCH_300_GDN-ful-870_6324100767533.jpg

Mercedes-300GD-08.jpg

Those are pictures of the G300 version as I can't find some of the G250 and I didn't take any photos during my service time :P

The only difference is that the 250 has only 1 bench on each side because it is shorter and there can sit 6 insteaad of 8 soldiers in the back.

Hopefully this can help you and thanks for your interest

regards Revoluzer

We tested something today, but we are not sure if we want to inlcude it in our upcoming mod, it is to be the revolution of cargo and supply handling and ended up in a broken fence.

We don't believe the community is yet ready to handle such a tool, recklessly damaging fences, trees and other objects, so we are currently looking into making this idiot proof, which will most likely result in this feature being removed again.

TuL1aNTg7rk

I noticed in the screenshots of the LUCHS ARV (armoured recon "vehicle" not "tank" that in your model only the front wheels are steerable...the real thing has all wheel steering so it can nearly turn on the spot. Is this a limitation of ArmA or just WIP?

Will it be possible to have the two drivers and the same speed forward and in reverse like the real one in A2?

The Luchs is build like a locomotive it can drive both ways at full speed and has a full driver stand on both ends.

The real luchs has optional 4 wheel or 2 wheel steering,...4 wheel steeering is nly for lower speed and for high manouverability in rough terrain,..the standard way to use it however is 2 wheel drive, as it allows much higher speeds and better control (4 wheel drive makes it wobble a lot and hard to control and speed exceeding 50 kmh) the rear driver will eventually work, and since i used to be a luchsman for more then 10 years i know all its quirks and details, thats why it hasnt been released yet as it has to live up to my expectations :P

Nice to know, If I may ask: which PzAufklBtl did you serve in ?

I was in 2. Company 1st (heavy) Platoon PzAufklBtl 2 in Hesisch Lichtenau 1992-1994.

Edited by Beagle

Nice test with the crane :). I made in my BW Pack long time ago an object (concret road bloc) that lies in unknown number on the former proving ground Jägerslust in Flensburg/Harrislee still today. Has our hedge hogs special modifications to use our system or that standard BIS ones?