GalComT

German Armed Forces WIP Thread

After almost one year of Development we, the GAF Team are proud to present you our first public demo release. This demo release doesnt only contain German vehicles, but also German vehicles used by the Danish and the Dutch Armed forces, namely the Mercedes GD, the Unimog U1300L as well as the MAN 10t Truck (a total of 74 different vehicles)

ix9rzp5yn3uf.png

2yqosrnh1cg9.png

93x2z7a9r9.png

General Info

support is given here and here in this thread

Keys, Pbos, license and documenation included in the archive

classnamelist

This is to be considered a public Beta release, features are limited and some bugs are to be expected

Credits:

Vehicles:

Unimog

model: GalComT

Textures: GalComT

Sounds: BIS + TheMaster

Coding: GalComT

MG3: OPK Mod (Battlefield Modification)

Beta Testing: [TF141]Snake and TF141 Team

References:

panzer-modelle.de

Primeportal.net

panzerbaer.de

Revell modellkitt U1300 1/35

Personal Experience and resources

Wolf

model: GalComT

Sounds: BIS

References:

panzer-modelle.de

Primeportal.net

panzerbaer.de

4x4 X-Treme Sahara Tours

Franzi and DKs Ninja style Phototour and the 700mb ref material they brought back

Lord_helmchen's Pictures of disassembled Merdeces GDs

MAN

model: Maverick, GalComT

Animations: GalComT

Sounds: BIS

References:

panzer-modelle.de

Primeportal.net

panzerbaer.de

Revell modellkitt MAN 10t gl 1/35

Lord_helmchen's Pictures of disassembled MAN KAT1

Weapons:

MG3

model: OPK

Textures: OPK/GalComT

Sounds: OPK

Units:

Models: BIS/GalComT

Textures: Johannes/BIS

Sounds: -

Modules:

GAF_Interaction:

Coding: Mondkalb

GAF_Misc:

Special Thanks to:

Franzi and the entire DDAM Team for our partnership and for the great ideas you tossed in (which also led to the danish vehicles included in the GAF mod) your great contacts to BIS without which some of the content wouldnt have been possible

Muzzlefash for making the random licensplate feature possible the way we wanted it

Snake for optaining the MG3 from the OPK BF2 modification and his tireless effort of making the 420 different Licensplates we needed

Mondkalb for your great ideas and your great effort on bringing some of the features we wanted into the game, without you it wouldnt have been possible

TheMaster for your never ending effort of creating the right atmosphere with your sounds

rocko my favorite ace developer for helping me understand all the ace features so that they can be implemented into the Mod, and for changing parts of the ACE mod so they meet our needs.

Deekay and Franzi for your tireless effort of gathering the required reference Materials for the Danish vehicles in the mod.

jaentzen, Snake, Jester and Turkey for your great research efforts

My Wingman Maverick for the endless nights we have stayed up to work on our Material teaching each other new tricks (which usualy ended in one of us redoing a vehicles completly)

Stormy (MAVs PC) for your great power and love for detail while reendering the AO maps

My brother Lord_helmchen for your great support in the area of researching, ideas, inside knowledge and mostly manageing our servers and databases as well as running the website.

The entire TF141 Team for your understanding and patiance as well as your great effort Beta testing the mod

Turkey, Snorri, Espere and Jaentzen and all the other GAF mod members (whos works is not included in this teaser release) for your tireless effort on improving your skills and teaching each other new techniques

And last but not least

BIS for providing us with the right tools, and the possibly best sandbox enviroment out there, which made this mod possible

And everyone i might have forgotten

oh and Cheva of course

for your very annoying way of producing enviroment sounds on TS :P

Copyright 2012 GAF MOD, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

This product is licensed for personal use only. Commercial distribution

explcitly prohibited. Military use explicitly prohibited. Use prohibited

if any component of this distribution gets removed or modified without

express written consent of the developer.

Download Links can be foud at:

Here

and at

Armaholic

Original 1st post

Since I have recently decided to not only make squad internal modifications but also public ones, i thought it was time to inform the community on what we are curently working on.

For the public we are working on a lil set of United Nation vehicles (some will also come in other variations)

at the moment we are working on a set that will enhance coop gameplay in terms of wracked vehicles, i have always considered it annoying to have a vehicle respawn script to make wracked vehicles magicaly reapear without doing a lot to actually retrieve them. So we have decided to make a small vehicle rcovery set, including the Bergepanzer 2a2 (German Armor recovery vehicle based on the leopard 1 mbt) and the Faun SLT-56.

And here is one of the earlier ingamepictures of the 2

The Trailer is allready fully functional, in SP as well as in MP, its a combination of an actual physical trailer hitch and a small script to avoid the trailer from glitching away.

The Armored recovery vehicle will have multiple purposes, starting from towing wracked vehicles, taking care of fallen over vehicles or simply pushing stuff out of the way.

Edited by GalComT
Title change

That looks awesome! You said set of vehicles, what others are you working on, if I may ask?

Also, will they just come in UN colors or also in other colors?

Looks good , inline with the HET 1070 and m1000 trailer we are working on

You said set of vehicles, what others are you working on, if I may ask

For now its only the SLT-56 and the recovery vehicle, we are working on other things as well, but i dont want to spoil anything yet before we are certain it will actually get done.

Also, will they just come in UN colors or also in other colors?

They will come in UN, standard 3 color camo and winter camo

inline with the HET 1070 and m1000 trailer we are working on

How are you solving the trailer issue in mp? our solution is pretty satisfying in mp as long as pings are good, otherwise one gets some funny effects that have caused a lot of laughter among us.

OMG i just jizzed my pants -.- That is something i wanted in arma 2 soo bad. Reminds me of the old Turkish union mod truck @ ofp and the USEC AAV for arma 1. Good lookin work so far. hungry for more :x

Hi, booth look great; support/recovery vehicles is something that this game needs very much from day one. A woodland USMC M88A1/A2 Hercules will be great, but i don't know if the UN uses those too or if they just use to use that one based on a M60 MBT chasis, i just know that will be great to have recovery vehicles even if they're work as repair vehicles. But i'll be more than happy if they were made in a way that takes like 3mins to repair a vehicle spawning some ammo crate under a camo net at it's side and some fuel barrels too. Anyways... that truck and the recovery vehicle looks great. Let's C ya

The main function for the recovery vehicle will be the actual recovery of wracked vehicles. The reason that caued me to start building it was that during our coop games sooner or later a vehicle gets tossed over or well usualy more then one vehicle, usualy caused by recless driving same goes for blown up vehicles. Since the gameplay pretty much relies on vehicles a lot of times a vehicle respawn script was kind of unavoidable, tho i have never been a friend of those as they kind of encourage reclessness in terms of vehicles cause sooner or later they respawn, so the idea of this lil recovery set was born. The recovery vehicle to either flip vehicles back over push them onto the trailer of the truck to get the wrack back to base so it can get reparied there, or to simply repair lightly damaged vehicles. As its quiet an effort to get ones vehicles back that way it encourages players to be more carefull with their vehicles.

It's difficult to convey how impressed i am by the articulation system. furthermore the UN skin and the model both look amazing.

There is a special place in my heart for European truck design :) .

@ Black Army

what do you mean?

Wenn die Addons fertig sind, kannst du sie bei zb Armaholic runterladen (musst nirgends angemeldet sein ;) oder was meintest du?

Since I have recently decided to not only make squad internal modifications but also public ones

hope this clears things up

Was trying out some other colors on the Recovery vehicle with some very satisfying results

iq9sj9yjtx4s.png

Edited by GalComT

Looking good so far GalComT the "Tropentarn" looks a bit bright tho, but maybe its just the picture.

Saw this over at armaholic, well done. These models look fantastic.

Are you going to add a MG3 on top?

most likely yes

for additional pictures of our 4 hour multiplayer test we did today you can check out our homepage www.task-force-141.de.vu

Its the same vehicle (slt-56= Franziska), however its a completly new model,...OFp models are not state of the art when it comes to arma2

It's look like Turkish Union's Faun Fransizka vehicle.

TU_GARYOSAVAN please look at the details.