Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf1990

Multiplayer severe issues...please help

After i join a multiplayer game I can run around and everything runs perfect but when i try to shoot (my gun fires) but then my bullet dissapears after around 100 feet.

I can shoot the ground and hit , a little farther and hit but if i am say 200 feet away at a wall I CANNOT HIT IT , my bullets just vanish. I can kill people close range ect but past 100 feet or so my bullets disapear. in singleplayer the gun runs normally( but I also noticed some units have red circles or white circles of light around them....

I have ARma 2 combined assault and ACE.

Any ideas....?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome,

You must first test without any mods to eliminate those from the equation.

I've never heard of anyone having a similar problem tho.

I've had this in a MP mission called Domination....and only there, here i think bullets get removed IF fired from within the base! Its a fueture not a bug but i can be disabled in the params (if you have server admin rights) at mission start

The colored circles around the players are due to the dificulty settings, just set game to veteran at start and you should be oke!

There is nothing in Domination which deletes bullets after 100 feet.

Xeno

In Domination there is an anti-TK script that blocks bullets near the spawn flag.

I don't think this is what Lonewolf is referring to.

The coloured dots are indicators of friendly (white) and enemy (red) units.

These appear on the lower difficulty settings. You can also edit the difficulty parameters to remove this option.

Edited by EDcase