sxp2high

SP - WORKHORSE (A random generated Chinook transport mission)

WORKHORSE

A random generated Chinook transport mission.

workhorse.jpg

Howdy! Here's my first SP mission. Feedback is welcome, of course. 🙂

Named after this picture, inspired by BIS's BAF Merlin mission.

Thanks to:

BIS

madbull (for his great R3F Logistics script)

The guys in the editing section for their great help

Description

Each time you start this mission you will get 5 random tasks at random positions. Your shift starts in the early morning, after 3 tasks we skip to a random time of day and change the weather to a random value.

There are 31 tasks, each task has at least 6 hand-picked positions. You start at the Rasman Airbase, the tasks are spread across the whole country of Takistan. Missions are: Troop transports, Evac's, Cargo and vehicle transports and some special missions... 😉

Including a mission manual in-game (Notes).

For those who know how to extract a PBO file: There's a Settings.sqf file where you can change a lot of mission settings.

Complete review of the mission Thanks to PlumpHelmetPunk for the video!

Download

HERE

I also recommend:

TeTeT's Chernarus Mi8 conversion of this Mission

Requirements

Vanilla: ArmA 2, Operation Arrowhead, BAF (lite) and PMC (lite)

ACE: ACE, ACEX and CBA

Vanilla <> ACE

The ACE version makes use of the ACE lifting ropes. Besides of that the versions are identical.

• Like 1

Sounds good. I'll give it a shot, or several.

I can't recall the official name, but this sounds exactly like my favorite mission in the SP senarios that came with the original ArmA 2 CO.

I'll report back in a couple when I've had time to try it out.

As a flyboy ingame I will have to try this out! Good job mate.

Sounds cool, will have to play this :)

Will give this a try, thanks for sharing.

Hi...welcome everyone.

I love this mission, nice work...

I'm a big helicopter entusiast, and i was wondering how would i change the chopper to uh-1y? Or could you maybe do that? and post another version..? :)

Hi H3ricH,

glad you like it.

It's basically not a big deal to change the chopper type ...

BUT:

I'm afraid some tasks will be broken then... because the venom does not have enough space for some of the transport missions. And the realism, the Venom cannot lift HMMWVs for example.

So i would have to filter those missions out. I'm not sure if i want to do this. Hmm... Let me think about it. :)

I couldn't get the lifting to work. The Lift button is supposed to show up in the action menu, correct?

Hi,

Yea right. I had this problem too sometimes.

The solution: Land. Get out. Go to the object you want to lift. And wait a moment. It will initialize then after 15 seconds or so. :)

I also wrote that into the notes (Mission Manual).

Must be R3F related problem.

have fun!

very nice mission, looks simple but this mission is by no means simple but only the extreme opposite. if u make mission once u will know how hard how much work how much time and how much skill it take to make such quality mission like this. and smooth too.

awesome job u make AI behave, not to play thai boxing b4 they get on the chopper while under fire and make such high level cut scene, decorate the area and last but not least fix all bug b4 release, and more,,,,, lot more

very replay able, since random task,(to whom think this mission is too short, well play it again since the tasks r random, u get different obj different location every time) immersive, realistic task, nice music (wtf sound track is random too u r amazing)

ty for all the time and effort making and sharing this pro level mission....

Edited by j rock

I don't usually fly in missions (I crash alot) but I will definately be trying this out!

really great mission! love to fly choppers and this one works very well.

some different music is also allways welcome. i also couldnt lift up the first crate, but after gettin out and back in the chinchook i never had that problem again. thanks sxp!

I finished it, that was great even if i never managed to make the lift missions work in Vanilla version.

My 2 cents : could you add more ambient combats in some/all of the missions, using the ACM module or the WICT addon for example ?

im missing the refuel truck

sometimes my chopper gets damaged, when i repair the chopper and get in again its empty, no fuel.

it would be nice to fly back to base repair and refuel to go on to next mission.

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the kind words. :)

@ProfTournesol

I never used ACM or WICT. Will check them out. Thanks for the tip.

@=KCT=BlackMamba

Requesting a refuel truck is an excellent idea, thanks. Will add this.

This is a truly amazing mission and extremely well executed. I have to say that it is also the neatest and tidiest code I have seen in a long time!!

I love the repair animations!

As a beginner mission-builder I am not sure whether to be inspired by this or give up altogether ;-)

Anyway, I fully enjoyed myself playing your mission - thanks for your efforts.

Love it.Finally a dynamic mission for us pilots who love to fly non-gunship operations.Big thumbs up.We could use a mission like this for the little bird or Hueys to!

Something like this needs to be added to Warfare / Domination / Evolution etc so that we can be busy doing things (and getting points!) but can also be tasked with ferrying troops / equipment around.

Love it.Finally a dynamic mission for us pilots who love to fly non-gunship operations.Big thumbs up.We could use a mission like this for the little bird or Hueys to!

Exactly...please make a mission with the huey :) :bounce3: