Sign in to follow this  
therev709

[CAMP/OA] Soldiers of Valor: Task Force 94

TF94.jpg

qV8CdzOuwco

After long last, almost a year in development (all of which is my free time), I present to you guys my first full-fledged campaign for Armed Assault 2 Combined Operations.

It features

• Complete voice acting;
  • A riveting plot that carries you from the middle east to eastern Europe;
  • Music from other action games and movies;
  • Uses a variety of community made content including Mando Missiles, Robert Hammer's weapon packs, MRAPs, elite special operations units, and new environments.
  • Ability to use all the vanilla Arma 2 and OA weapons for your squad during the briefings. If you download all the optional addon weapon packs, you'll have an unprecedented amount of death dealin firearms ;)

Its currently only been tested by me, so I'm sure there will be some bugs. Just post em here and I'll tackle em as fast as possible.

In its current state, this is SP only, as I've never made a coop or mp level. If anyone with any experience would like to help me convert this to COOP I'd very much be happy too.

Please post any feedback, positive or constructive criticism so I can continue to improve this project and and any future projects!

Thanks for playing!!!

ArmA2OA2010-07-3114-13-16-00.jpgArmA2OA2010-07-3113-52-21-26.jpg

ArmA2OA2010-07-3113-40-00-31.jpgArmA2OA2010-07-3113-48-55-22.jpg

ArmA2OA2010-07-3114-02-54-85.jpgArmA2OA2011-07-1802-42-13-04.jpg

Known Issues

If you don't install all of the optional addons, you'll get an error before each mission briefing. This is okay, as the game will still work, but adding the optional weapons will eliminate this error message and give you're team all kinds of fun toys to kill those nasty terrorists with ;)

Not tested with any AI Mods, so I cannot guarantee compatibility with mods such as Zeus AI, and they may break missions.

IEDs from the BAF DLC and Units from the PMC DLCare included, if you don't have the DLC, the IEDs and Units will appear low-res.

On missions that use Group Link 4, a Initialize prompt pops up in the side radio chat. Kinda annoying but I don't know how to get rid of this (yet).

There's still a few bugs with the qualification ranges in 'The Stan' mission. Sometimes a target won't popup and thus won't score. I've never had an issue where this would cause me to fail the qualifications, but you can re-qualify as many times as you like anyhow. I am working on this, however.

Version History:

1.0 | 18 April 2011

-First release

1.1 | 20 June 2011

-Lowered Volume

-Added Subtitles to cutscenes

-Removed RH's SMG and MK18 pack from required addons

-Various bug fixes and quality changes

1.2 | 21 June 2011

-Fixed broken/repeating Introduction

-Included actual updated missions

-Removed IED Pack addon, replaced with BAF

1.3 | 21 June 2011

-Removed WarFX Mod requirement mistake

-Added name tag script

1.4 | 24 June 2011

-Removed NIM Weather, AC-130, Mando Missile, and SAS/SBS Pack addon requirements

-Fixed mission bugs in Avarice and Ride the Lightning missions

1.5 | 25 June 2011

-Fixed missing fog.fsm files

-Tweaked and fixed scripts in Ride the Lightning

-Tweaked Where Eagles Dare - added PMC DLC

-Removed TF86 SAS/SBS Addon requirement for Where Eagles Dare

-Added hint to remind player to revert to save after main characters die

-Added PMC and BAF weapons to briefing screen

-Various other minor bug fixes and game play/mission tweaks

1.6 | 9 July 2011

-Manually disable GL4 and added Mission Script Based GL4

-MMA and AC-130 training at "the Stan"

-Delete "Lose" Triggers, kill teammates instead.

-Savegame in radio

-Change "Report In" Actions to Trigger

-Ride The Lightning hints for each target building

-Add snipers and patrols to mountain ranges in Metal Militia

-Fail mission script in Faith Lost for final assault wave

-Added Mortar and changed OPFOR spawn locations in Faith Lost

-Put Crucho on the first floor in Where Eagles Dare

-Metal Militia Spelling Errors

-The 'Stan' subtitles for ROs

-Various minor fixes

1.7 | 18 July 2011

-Enable GL4

-Set GL4 config

-Changed Spook's voice to BAF voice.

-Fixed entry weapon BAF_L109A1_HE

-Changed IED Pictures

-Fixed Time speed during convos

-Added Optional RH MGS Weapons Pack Addon

-Fixed Objectives written for Bloodhound not 'player'

-Fixed missing weapon ammo

-Added music to end of Faith Lost

-Remove deBug Radio option from 'the Stan'

-Locked Humvee Driver position in 'the Stan'

-Changed standing guy in tent to SF in 'the Stan'

-Removed RE option from 'the Stan' training

-Fixed Metal Militia "Blue on Blue" 'grants' team gets killed in crossfire

-Fixed Metal Militia music volume

-Fixed marker on SOV in Ride the Lightning

-Changed cleared building hints to Voice Over in Ride the Lightning

-Fixed Collect Evidence Objective in Unforgiven

-Fixed Ambient Lights in Unforgiven

-Added Gunshot sound in Four Horsemen

1.7.1 | 22 July 2011

-Removed GL4 Enemy Markers

-Removed GL4 Initialization Chat

-Fixed final objective trigger in Avarice

-Removed GL4 Initialization for Four Horsemen

1.7.3 | 09 December 2011

-Fixed broken script on Avarice

Required Addons:

Arma 2 Combined Operations (Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead)

Tier One Operators by McNool

MRAP MaxxPro by namman2

Desert Mercs and BlackOps by SchnapsdroSel

Podagorsk Island by Goeth

Namalsk Island by Sumrak

Optional but Recommended Addons:

DLC:

British Armed Forces DLC

Private Military Contractors DLC

Weapons:

Max255/McNools M4A3 Pack by Max255 and McNool

M4/M16 Rearmed Weapons Pack by Robert Hammer

MK18 Pack by Robert Hammer

SMG Pack by Robert Hammer

PDW Pack by Robert Hammer

M14 Pack by Robert Hammer

HK416 Pack by Robert Hammer

MGS Weapons Pack by Robert Hammer

Pistol pack by Robert Hammer

Effects and Sound Mods:

WarFX Blastcore by Opticalsnare

J.S.R.S by LordJarhead

Replacement Packs:

Army Special Forces Replacement Pack by Binkowski

US Army Infantry Multicam Replacement Pack by Nixo91 and BigMorgan

v1.7.3 Mirrors:

Cast

Thank you to all my voice actors:

MEATBALL0311 as Archangel, Major Back

sle as Spook

Clavicula_nox4817 as Black Ops Officer, CINCJSOC, Blue

Grub as POW, Captain Mills, EOD Tech and EOD Team Sergeant

Palehorse as Range Officers

MemphisBelle as Spetznas Officer

USRanger709 as Bloodhound, Russian Spy, Russian General, Ranger Officers

My Girlfriend as Command and Control (C2)

Sick1 as Alex Crucho

Please forgive me if I forgot anybody! I've been working on this for a year...

Contest: RUNNING THE GAUNTLET

Winner will receive: A spot on this post, and a virtual high five!

In order to play, you simply have to run through the Gauntlet as fast as you can, while knocking down all targets.

Pics or it didn't happen!

The Gauntlet is the CQC live fire range located in the mission 'The Stan.' Simply run through the Gauntlet with your weapon of choice, knockdown all of the targets, then sprint to the end as fast as you can.

Top Gunslinger(thus far!):

CameronMcDonald: 38.3 seconds

Edited by TheRev709

Hell yeah. I'm gonna play it right now. ;)

Nice , I hope I don't have to shoot any Russians though.

Nice , I hope I don't have to shoot any Russians though.

Only bad ones ;)

Already planning the sequel, Russians will be good guys and allies :yay:

Ranger you have done an exceptional job on this campaign. It's obvious you put a lot of time and love into creating it. Dude your voice is awesome. You sound like the lead Delta operator in Medal of honor. I'm going to have to ask you for some voice work in my next campaign if you're not too busy. One small thing that bugged me that is really not important. The music volume was too loud in certain parts. Well that's it. I'll let you know if i find anything else.

No problemo, I'd love to help! Just shoot me a script and I'll have my agent get back with you ;)

Try and see if changing your music volume in the settings will help you, I'll see what I can do for the next release. I know that some of the voice acting volume is too low, when I recorded on Audacity 1.3 beta the recordings were almost inaudible in game, but if recorded in Audacity 1.2.6 it sounded fine . . .

Only bad ones ;)

Already planning the sequel, Russians will be good guys and allies :yay:

Sweet , installed all the addons just about 1.89gbts :p

nice, I have 25 gigs in my A2 OA folder, and 27 gigs in my A2 folder, so subtract how big the game is and thats how many addons I have in my folders :P

hope you enjoy it :)

You got yourself a pretty good release Trailer with a very good music choice

:yay: :yay: awesome :yay: :yay:

Great trailer, great campaign. I like it better than all the other campaigns including BI's that I have played and i've only done a bit of yours so far but I love it.

Edited by ArmAriffic
typo

One small thing that bugged me that is really not important. The music volume was too loud in certain parts. Well that's it. I'll let you know if i find anything else.

I have to agree, a bit too loud with the music, so I just turned it down in the options. Dialog at the firing range was difficult to hear but that is to be expected with an A-10 warming up its engines before take off.

I was wondering which character is yours in the campaign?

Lastly, do you have a link on how to use the Air Support device?

I'm sure users in the real world would have a few hours orientation classes with any and most devices/equipment brought into the field of battle.

I managed to call in CAS with it but that was from playing with the buttons....:D

THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK!!:)

Here is the instructions for Mando Missile's Air Support Console, although most of it is for how to put it in game, lol.

I'll see about possibly adding a "training orientation" for how to use it in 'The Stan' level for the next release :)

I just figured it out by pressing buttons haha ;)

EDIT: Armaholic Mirror is up :D Thanks guys!

Edited by TheRev709

Great campaign, elaborately worked out and very polished.

Stands between Op Cobalt and Bastard Squad ;)

Just began playing it, and I have a couple pointers:

1. The music is way too loud and drowns out the voice acting, especially in cutscenes. I'd also recommend you add subtitles.
  2. The first mission popped up with an error regarding the briefing for it. I'd recommend the use of the target line command -showScriptErrors so that you can see these while you are mission editing.

Will continue playing and see if there's anything else to report. :)

Thanks for the updates, the patch is in the works! Gonna let a few of you guys finish so I can tackle as many bugs as possible in the first fix ;)

As for the error in the briefing, its probably because you don't have all the optional weapon pack addons. They're not required, but they'll give you more options in terms of weapons for your team before each mission. If you don't have the weapon packs, you'll get an error before each briefing. Forgot the mention that in the notes :/

No no, it's an error about the content of the briefing itself. You used quotes "" around 300 in the first mission's briefing, which will break the code. Either use apostrophes, i.e. '300', or use double quotes, i.e. ""300"". ;)

No no, it's an error about the content of the briefing itself. You used quotes "" around 300 in the first mission's briefing, which will break the code. Either use apostrophes, i.e. '300', or use double quotes, i.e. ""300"". ;)

Ahh, thats no good, which mission is it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

For me the mission 'Metal Militia' does not load, it just sits there, with only hard drive activity going on and on. I left it for 10 mins and came back and it was still just showing the same activity but nothing else. I also removed some mods, and restarted got the same thing, then reverted to 'The Stan' mission and once I got to the end of that mission, it went right back to a bunch of HD activity and nothing after 5 mins.

Script errors:

In the rifle pop-up target range during qualification, and errors in the gauntlet run. They all seem to point to misplaced ' or ; i can screenshot if you want

For me the mission 'Metal Militia' does not load, it just sits there, with only hard drive activity going on and on. I left it for 10 mins and came back and it was still just showing the same activity but nothing else. I also removed some mods, and restarted got the same thing, then reverted to 'The Stan' mission and once I got to the end of that mission, it went right back to a bunch of HD activity and nothing after 5 mins.

Script errors:

In the rifle pop-up target range during qualification, and errors in the gauntlet run. They all seem to point to misplaced ' or ; i can screenshot if you want

Odd, now I haven't tested this campaign at all with any custom AI or game Mods. Try reinstalling the required addons and the campaign file.

As for the scripts in 'The Stan' I'll look into those script errors.

I did forget to mention that occasionally a target won't pop-up, but enough do so you can qualify on the ranges. Either way if you fail to qualify, you can just talk to the range officer to re-qualify

please tell me the name of the song in your video! what a cool song man! btw, i'm gonna try campaign soon, it seems promising.

please tell me the name of the song in your video! what a cool song man! btw, i'm gonna try campaign soon, it seems promising.

Diamond Eyes by Shinedown, hope you have fun!

Script errors:

errm...gotta confirm this, same for me :(

(task manager sez 'no response')

Edited by @ST