Fox '09

Task Force 121 pack by Fox '09

Check the last pages of the thread for latest updates!

Hi guys, i finally found some time to post a thread about my new units series. I'm not going to revive my project thread, it was too messy, and turned kinda into my 'blog'.

My newest addon is a pack consisting of SOF and CIA operators from different time periods, from 2001 to present day.

I hope you guys look forward to seeing this in game and public. For now, there is a lot of work to be done, patience is essential to my sanity :o

This has been a really fun, painful, boring, and long project, but to see it reach this point is very satisfying. I'd like to thank the community and these people who gave permission for models and textures for my use:

Cameronmcdonald

Dasquade

Drmidnight

Lennard

JeffersPang

Bobman

Johannes

For (almost) daily updates and more information, check out my blog below:

http://fox09a2.blogspot.com/

(and sometimes beta releases..)

cheers

Edited by Fox '09

Awesome! Love me some JSOC.

Just an observation, that Pakol looks a little small . . .

Awesome! Love me some JSOC.

Just an observation, that Pakol looks a little small . . .

yeah, still haven't been able to fit it correctly to his head, maybe it's the model itself but ill sort it out :)

Of course we are looking forward to play with these, thanks for everything Fox! :cool:

Edit: your blog is in my favorites now, right under Armaholic. :D

Great to see you´re still around! Looking forward to these units, marvellous work. :)

Any chance you could retexture the Ciras (or even better: remodel) to the RAV? I know that the SAS/SBS pack by TF86 have vests very similar to the RAV, since the SAS use them too.

th_delta3-1.jpg

Its been known that Delta up until at least 2006 used smoke green MSA RAVs. Not sure what Devgru used specifically then, but lately its been a lot of LBT vests and chest rigs, generally in multicam or AOR1.

th_DEVGRU-23111-1.jpg

Nowadays, its known that Tier 1 elements (JSOC, the core of Task Force 121) use the Crye Cage Armor. I would love to see this in game!

images-1.jpg

Military Morons have a TON of awesome pics of the Crye Cage Armor in action.

i have to do the ciras itself because the model is junk. As for the RAV, that will come shortly after. I have a mental to-do list for plate carriers that goes something like this:

Ceradyne SPEAR (done)

Interceptor Body Armor (earlier gen) (done)

Eagle CIRAS (land&maritime)

Paraclete RAV

EOD 9 suit (number1 priority )

and maybe the crye cage armor if I have time before release, it will make it in eventually

i have to do the ciras itself because the model is junk. As for the RAV' date=' that will come shortly after. I have a mental to-do list for plate carriers that goes something like this:

Ceradyne SPEAR (done)

Interceptor Body Armor (earlier gen) (done)

[b']Eagle CIRAS[/b] (land&maritime)

Paraclete RAV

EOD 9 suit (number1 priority )

and maybe the crye cage armor if I have time before release, it will make it in eventually

I'm so happy! . . . in return I give you ddr monkey:

ddr.jpg

image.jpg

whoever guesses who manufactured the pouches gets a virtual hi-five.

Hi Fox,

I just saw your pic on the blog.

It looks amazing. The textures and equipment on the soldier. Perfect. I know it takes a long time to develop such addon. But PLEASE, take your time and release this units.

You are involved in many projects but i hope the amount of work will not discourage you.

I already play with the Alpha build all the time. :bounce3:

Regards,

I was planning on another alpha for this weekend however I really want to get some new trouser models in. The current model is fine but the topology is sloppy and weak on my part. I'm going to work hard to get something out for you guys by tomorrow but no guarantees.

love today's update progress pic :cool:looking forward to seeing these to completion

Off blog post, some major work being done, both trousers and coat normals were redone.. I hope all goes well this weekend. cheers

image.pngimage.png

You need to smash out some sick details on the vests - in my humble opinioné this is what is letting your textchas down the most. Namely - seams for the outside.

Otherwise, awesome, and in addition, awesome.

You need to smash out some sick details on the vests - in my humble opinioné this is what is letting your textchas down the most. Namely - seams for the outside.

Otherwise, awesome, and in addition, awesome.

I agree, I honestly havnent spent as much time on the vests as i should of. a big part of it is the folds etc as well, It looks really flat to me compared to the uniform.

I still have much to do but I feel like I've come so far. ty man

I think I am going to redo that Pakul at some point now that I am getting back into things.

Also might be the view but the latest screen the pants look excessively baggy.

I think I am going to redo that Pakul at some point now that I am getting back into things.

Also might be the view but the latest screen the pants look excessively baggy.

it is rather baggy, but it depends what size you wear. image.png

image.png

less baggy and of course one with kneepads. it will differ among other models , something i kinda want to leave until the last stages

I think that's the best way to go, variation, on both the models and textures, that way they don't look too clone-like. ;)

in game .. . at last.

arma2oa_2011_05_10_10_49_55_18.png

arma2oa_2011_05_10_10_50_08_74.png

gona have to redo the smaller sized pants, they look really odd in game. peace outwards~

WooW i actually always waited for units like that

is it part of your concept to add them a little bit more equipment like holsters, camelbags and especially radios and this sort of stuff in the future?

These kind of small additions have a huge impact on the immersion