Sign in to follow this  
cescollino

render to texture

would be possible to introduce in arma2 new feature like render to texture maybe in the nex patch as vbs2 has ?

watch at 3.18

thanks

Been brought up many times before, mate. I too made a thread not realising there were hundreds of others :p

No doubt BIS will bring this to the Arma series eventually.

Thanks, guys!

Let me make a few quick points while you pick over the carcass of the announcement. Though I'm sure my sage wisdom will soon become buried under a pile of new comments. :D

The announcement of Take On obviously doesn't mean that support for arma 2 will be dropped. With a new patch soonâ„¢ to be released, the imminent arrival of A2:Reinforcements, and some as-yet-unannounced plans in the pipeline, we'll be chained to our bug-fixing desks for some time to come.

We've got more than one team, and they're all within relative kicking distance for those show-stoppers, tweaks, and optimisations. Just think of us as a multi-core CPU, except we're submersible in beer. Anyway, we've never heard of any developer just suddenly slashing support for a product with little warning. :p

The ongoing developments and tech improvements we're able to focus on in Take On are bound to filter down to other and future projects. We've got a more in-depth interview about the whole shabam coming up soon, and I just know the community will get giddy when they read about them. DID SOMEONE SAY PiPRENDERTOTEXTURE?!?

This project is certainly closer to the arma engine and family than other ongoing developments, which is another reason we felt it was appropriate to post on the Arma 2 FB channel (Though, I thought you guys had all boycotted such privacy-threatening nonsense! :p). Also, only 400 of you fine gentlemen and ladies 'like' the official BI channel. Fiends.

TL;DR Haters gonna hate; helicopters rule.

Best,

RiE

You guys should learn to read white characters on this forum. :wink:

not so fast, IMO.

military contractors have higher priority, seems.

maybe in new, huge patch or new stadalone add-on, who know ?

p.s.

haters gonna rule hated helicopters soon :P

Sorry for noob question but what exactly is render to texture ?

For example, you look at a screen in game (a television set or whatever) and it shows some other place in the game that is being rendered in real time. The other scene is literally being "rendered to the texture" of the televisions screen.

That's a technology used for ages in other games.

For example, you look at a screen in game (a television set or whatever) and it shows some other place in the game that is being rendered in real time. The other scene is literally being "rendered to the texture" of the televisions screen.

And why is it so much awaited ? For planes / chopper panels ?

Because it would make modern equipment feel modern, the display screens in cockpits could actually be used more like they are in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq81sWJFBos

It's not just digital equipment but also more simple things such as mirror reflections on vehicles.

Because it would make modern equipment feel modern, the display screens in cockpits could actually be used more like they are in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq81sWJFBos

It's not just digital equipment but also more simple things such as mirror reflections on vehicles.

Ah ok, thanks, that's what i suspected.

That's a technology used for ages in other games.

Can you tell me what games have use this technology? for example?

From the youtube above I know there is Steel Beasts PRO PE

Edited by msy

Pretty awesome, could have a base setup with control room full of security cameras around the base, looking at the live feeds :P

VBS2 has it.

Off the top of my head: HL2, Max Payne 2, Strike Fighters 2, LOMAC, UT2k4 & Red Orchestra, Far Cry...

Pretty much any game you've played in the past decade that has dynamic reflections in mirrors, a security monitor that shows another section of the map, properly rendered rifle optics etc etc etc

It's not new technology.

Source engine is the best example. That leaked HL2 Beta (Alpha?) back in 2003 (2004?) had everyone creamin'.

We implemented it in our scoped weapons on insurgency mod. That was back in like year 1803.

We implemented it in our scoped weapons on insurgency mod. That was back in like year 1803.

Yeah, but people e(de-?)volved since then. You don't have anyone to shoot at in your alternate reality. :mad::D