Sign in to follow this  
Bloodrend

Constant "wait for host" message - unable to join

Hello I would like some help with this game lol :D

I bought this game about 3 days ago and I can play fine its just multilayer thats werid.

I have joined one server before and worked fine it was in dom mode.

Then I try and join other server with the same mode and when it gets to the 'wait for host' It stops then goes back to the server list with out telling me anything. Thats one of the problems

And theres another one when i try and join an insurgencys mode server, it does kinda the same thing i can pick my class etc but when it gets to the loading screen theres no loading bar and just like freezes at the picture then i go to task manger and says its running I waited about like 15 mins and still nothing so I had to end process and All I know is that I can only play 1 server :{

BTW: I bought the Arma 2 and OA bundle on steam, Right now I have only installed OA and im trying to get that working first. But I have only tried to join the OA server not the combined one, just to tell you.

Thank you. Please help me I really dont want to waste 44.95$

Thanks Lucas.

Edited by Foxhound

You need to install Arma2 and AO, then you need to update them (arma2 to 1.59, AO to 1.09) this will give you the best chance to play online

It could be a connection or modified game issue (no required addons means getting unceremoniously thrown out). Be aware that missions with "ACE" or "@" in their name utilize addons. Also, a very big portion of servers and their missions are running A2 and OA together, so OA only users are excluded from most of them.

How to make Combined Ops work on Steam:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214

Edited by Celery

If you joined Insurgency and choose the Opfor side, it will freeze you in the menu if there are not enough Bluefor players to balance the game. Just a heads up. ;)

-Moose