Sign in to follow this  
Scolphi

VBS2 texture problem : black terrain !

Hello,

CONTEXT:

I want to create a terrain from elevation and satellite datas which will work within VBS2 1.4.

I have a project folder in P:\vbs2\customer\maps. It contains the project within Global Mapper 10 (.gmw format), the usual folders 'source' and 'data'. In 'source', I have the satellite and mask files which have been exported from Global Mapper 10.

Since here, perfect.

DONE:

1) Within Visitor 4, I have fill in (correctly I think) the 'Preferences' in 'Tools' like this:

data directory: P:\vbs2\customer\maps\mytag_myterrain\data

project directory: P:\vbs2\customer\maps\mytag_myterrain

2) I have successfully imported my satellite picture, my shapefiles, my .xyz terrain and my mask.

3) Then, I have created the mapframe with this properties:

output root directory: P:\vbs2\customer\maps\mytag_myterrain\

Layers config file (layer.cfg): P:\vbs2\customer\maps\mytag_myterrain\source\layers.cfg

And finally, I have created a config and rebuilt a terrain.

ISSUE:

1) However, when I generate the layers, this message error appears:

"V3PictureDataMod::LoadFromFile(): unable to open the image file "P:\vbs2\customer\maps\mytag_myterrain\data\vbs2\maps\common_surface\source\mapLegend.png" (this message seems already to be not normal, doesn't it)

2)After correcting this problem creating the directory with the file, I launch Buldozer and this new message error appears:

"Cannot load texture \layers\s_000_000_lco.paa"

Though, this file is already located in P:\vbs2\customer\maps\mytag_myterrain\data\layers

My terrain in totally black in Buldozer with the right terrain elevations but I would like to see my textures ! :?

How can I correct this please ? Thanks.

this isn't for vbs2.. check their forums instead.