One that has always bugged me is when you kill the AI that is in a group while using a suppressed weapon, all other AI know that he is down, wounded/killed regardless of their position relative to him, so for example if I shoot an opfor who is at the back of his group by some distance, all other AI in that group are aware he is dead.
It would be much better if they are only aware of his health status by line of sight, in other words they have to see that he is down before they go into combat status.
Also to tie into this perhaps making the AI less aware of suppressed weapons at the moment there is no effect while using suppressed weapons against the AI, they seem to know that a shot has been fired regardless of their range from the shooter, making the suppressed weapon in-effective (fyi I know what a suppressed weapon is, and I know they still make a the slightest sound, they reduce the sound and muzzle flash from a fired weapon)
And the circle that represents where vehicles are or where enemy is, (white circle, red circle) while looking away from them or at them is a bit of an immersion breaker... wondered if its a setting I could change, but it isn't as far as my testing found.
Beef up multi-player server security. A lot.
What's currently available is still not good enough.
I don't really post here a lot, so apologies if I'm ignorant.
Things I would like to see in a patch, if possible, are:
Updates to reload speeds, and animations if possible. Right now, you can reload a SAW about as fast as you can the M9, and even the RPG, and it kind of kills the realism.
Tone down the "swing gun around like a maniac while sprinting" animation. It looks pretty silly, to tell you the truth, to see a guy with a 20 pound rifle swinging it around like a very light sack of potatoes.
The civilian "sprint with hands perfectly straight, fingers perfectly extended" is a little odd, but I can live with it."
I would love for there to be more advanced graphics options, but not really super necessary. Right now, I play ARMA on a macbook 13" pro on a windows XP partition. Pretty bad, yeah.
Anyways, sorry if this has been asked already.
As for the circles, these options can be turned off. IIRC its in your options menu. IIRC the Veteran pre-set disables these "aids". If not you can always use a mod to tweak such aids. The PvP clan have got some here.
Soldiers should have no prefigured names/descriptions.
I.e. when you place an AA-specialist in the editor (or createUnit on the fly), he remains an "AA soldier" by name all the time, no matter what weapons he actually has.
When you order your group to attack a unit or loot a dead one, you always see that stupid description and even with the weapon in ( ) behind the name according to the description in the editor, regardless of the weapon the unit is actually now wielding.
They all should just be "soldier" or "man". Further specifications should be made when you recognize the unit's weapon. Especially the ingame-display of the editor's weapon name in ( ) behind the name is somehow annoying.
Any unidentified human being should just be "man" (maybe also "woman" when you are near/binocular'ed enough to identify it), any as hostile identified infantry should just be "soldier" (red name).
Sure, in harder modes you don't see these names. But the difficulty settings from the main menu don't say anything about how difficult your actual mission is. Even on the easiest level you can have hellish hardmode A.I. (scripting).
- FuseDistance not working for missiles
- SACLOS missile range too short
- Certain missiles lack manual guidance
- Some cars can drive faster off-road than on roads
- Bullets lose too much damage over distance
- Aircraft countermeasures too effective
- Freelook inside vehicles with AI crew sometimes stops working
- Add additional "preparation" time when selecting launchers
- Player cannot lower handgun or launchers
- Cannot raise lowered weapon from crouch stance
- Weapons with TI scopes to be treated like machineguns in inventory
- AI warping at distance
- Implement single-use weapons (AT)
- Vehicles should not need to turn engine on to rotate main turret
- MG Nest model uses low LOD over distance (warfare town defense issue)
- Add new (useful) content to increase variety. To this day I simply can't understand why there has not been a small DLC or patch, which provides cheap and easy reskins of already available models for different factions. M113 for US, Ka60 for Russians, BTR60 for Guerrilla, BMP2/Shilka/BRDM2/AN2 for Russians, T55 for CDF, and so forth...
- Improve High Command module to allow for more reliable control and increase command options. Given that CTI is still a very prominent MP mode, it would be really useful for commanders to get a better command and control interface on the strategic level.
I suppose there are plenty more...