Sign in to follow this  
Stefos71

To all BAF & PMC DLC ($9.99/ea) owners, Is Reinforcements a slap in the face?

Hi all,

I simply do NOT understand why BAF & PMC are now full blown games, per se.

To me, when both BAF & PMC were DLC for $9.99/each, I was happy.

Now that the "full blown" Reinforcements stand alone is out, I feel ripped off.

Anyone care to shed some light on this or give some feedback?

I believe that registered owners, of which I am, should get a price break for Reinforcements.

Thanks

People wanted their DLCs to be put on DVD for them so BIS took them and burned them on DVD.

People got what they wished for. I don't see a problem

Thanks

Why? It simply allows BIS to expand its market a bit, because people can now pick up reinforcements then expand backwards to OA or A2.

They are not getting anything you won't already have.

Sigh..FPDR

ArmA 2: Reinforments is standalone solely on the fact ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead*, which is also standalone if bought seperatly, is included as requirement for all the DLCs. It is alot more easier for a fresh new customer to start off with a standalone game then discovering you need an "older game", you may not find in the store anymore, to make ArmA 2: Reinforments work. You might consider everything else in that pack, aside from the maps (required for the DLC missions/campaigns) and DLCs, a bonus.

The aim of ArmA 2: Reinforments was to let people who didn't want to or couldn't buy the DLCs online, the chance to get it as a hardcopy. There is nothing new to this pack, only that it's on a DVD rather then the web.

*Althought without the OA campaign and missions. BAF & PMC campaign and missions are included.

Edited by colossus

Hi all,

I believe that registered owners, of which I am, should get a price break for Reinforcements.

Thanks

I don't see a ripp off, considering the price. And RFT is not a "full blown" install like A2+OA+BAF+PMC...it's a "light version" of OA with just the elements that are needed to rum BAF and PMC campaign. By the way...price drops and bundle packs for older games for mid price are nothing new and the usual way to sell over a long time.

And in this case the User can also be sure he/she/it is not going to buying some abandoned software that is beyond support phase.

Edited by Beagle

To me, when both BAF & PMC were DLC for $9.99/each, I was happy. (me too)

I feel ripped off. (I don't)

♥

:D

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

$10 is less than what you spend on lunch in Australia, so I can hardly feel ripped off. I have a license to a product and an .exe from sprocket which I can install anytime I like.

You pay extra for reinforcements because it is a higher cost to produce and distribute than DLC, not because you get more content. It is probably priced so as they don't lose money to give fans what many like......a disk.

LOL...no I don't feel ripped off and I don't think you should for the above reason. You haven't explained that very well. I bought PMC DLC, but have ordered Reinforcements because I like hardcopies.

I could have waited for the disc, but being so impatient to try PMC I couldn't help myself :bounce3:

Well, 20 bucks it's what I've already spend on beer alone this month. And it's just 8th:).

Where it says you have to buy Reinforcements? :rolleyes:

If you already have PMC and BAF there's no need for you to purchase Reinforcements, unless you wanna support the developer (like I did)..

No i have to have the disk or i feel riped off (don't know why), no matter the price

I buy BAF in full price and PMC on a discount price, which adding up is like $10 dollars less then reinforcement, and thats a bargan price compare to anything you get for lets say...COD ?;)

Here is the thing, what is that extra $10 bucks of the DVD is for? answer for me is simple enought: the work to make it a standalone game(that means the core engine itself) and...well... the DVD itself.

People wanted the DLCs on a DVD, BIS gave them that. I don't know why one would take it as a slap in the face. :confused:

I've purchased BAF and PMC by download when it was released as download-only. I've burned both downloaded files to a DVD... and since then I have them on DVD when it is about re-installation...

Non sequitur. How does the re-release of something you already own on a different medium constitute a rip-off? It's like saying:

"WTF, I bought Star Wars on DVD years ago, and now they're re-releasing it on Blu-Ray! I want my money back!"

Complete bollocks.

And I believe you're full of it.

People wanted their DLCs to be put on DVD for them so BIS took them and burned them on DVD.

People got what they wished for. I don't see a problem

People wanted the DLCs on a DVD, BIS gave them that. I don't know why one would take it as a slap in the face. :confused:

This.

I bought both DLCs, but I wanted them on original DVD.

Yes I know I can burn them on a DVD, but it's not the same thing.

76611053-e624-4d24-b7fe-3790f2a27252.jpg

Why would you need a price break? If you want to buy it its your decission, if not its your decission too.

You already have it all anyway since you bought the DLC so you must have OA in the first place. So, you are complaining about having to pay a higher price for a product you do not have to buy since you already have it all? Just not on a DVD?

Personally, the many hours (days ?) of fun and enjoyment I have got from this game alone is a complete bargain, given it has cost me around 60 pounds (I think - A2+OA+DLC). I have paid much more to Mr Gates, Mr AMD, Mr Intel and other members of the hardware family, and even more to various breweries. Add to that the stream of betas and patches and I am more than happy to get the DLC on DVD, both for practical reasons and in support of BIS. Credit where credit is due. And there is a map with the DVD DLC too.

cj

Some people (including me) avoid buying ANY downloaded stuff like the plague because we prefer having a solid disk in our hands.

Like i've said before- "a disk is forever, but a download is only til your next PC crash".

For example I lost my Virtual Sailor d/loaded game in a crash and the company made me pay again for a replacement, grrr...

I also bought BAF via download then accidentally uninstalled it later (duh), but i've forgotten where I got it from (duh again), i've tried to log into all the known vendors to get a free replacement but just get "failed login" messages, what a hassle, so i've lost BAF and my cash!

PS- I think it's legal to burn downloaded stuff to disk isn't it, I tried once but failed miserably (I'm just a grunt wargamer not a geek) is there a tutorial or something to help us out?

Edited by PoorOldSpike

Hi all,

Thanks

..... Deal with it or grow a pair......

Complete bollocks.

:rthumb:

Press escape, ALT+F4 ... end.

You own the "full blown" versions of this "light standalone" enough said. Light = the light version of the engine the DLC sits on to run it standalone, the DLC itself is the same.

Edited by mrcash2009

PS- I think it's legal to burn downloaded stuff to disk isn't it, I tried once but failed miserably (I'm just a grunt wargamer not a geek) is there a tutorial or something to help us out?

well, if you got a dvd or br burner, put a blanck, recordable disk in it ( doh!)

select the folder were the downloaded instalation files are stored, right click, select send to : dvd\br drive letter.

Then select burn from the icon on the task bar, that apperars, saying you got new files waiting to be burned \ prosseced.

This is ofcourse in windows.

And it ain't harder than that.

There are ofcourse other ways to do it too, but this i would think is the easiest way.

ohh, and, yes, it's legal. just don't go selling it to other ppl.

Let's not forget "lite" version of both BAF and PMC were added FOR FREE as well with OA patches, right after their release.

Let's not forget "lite" version of both BAF and PMC were added FOR FREE as well with OA patches, right after their release.

And I'm sure someone out there will somehow be able to construe that as a "slap in the face" aswell. ;)

well, if you got a dvd or br burner, put a blanck, recordable disk in it ( doh!)

select the folder were the downloaded instalation files are stored, right click, select send to : dvd\br drive letter.

Then select burn from the icon on the task bar, that apperars, saying you got new files waiting to be burned \ prosseced.

This is ofcourse in windows.

And it ain't harder than that.

There are ofcourse other ways to do it too, but this i would think is the easiest way.

ohh, and, yes, it's legal. just don't go selling it to other ppl.

Sounds simple, yet two attempts of mine failed miserably, I kept getting weird "won't work" messages, and one game was so big it had to be spread over 3 DVD's and still wouldn't run.

No: got BAF free and PMC at a lowered price. I also got OA for 50 cents difference when selling my free Steam copy and ordering a physical one.