Sign in to follow this  
galzohar

Repair buildings (restore island to original state)

Basically I want to have some kind of way to restore the island to its original state between "rounds". Currently I already have easy ways for deleting all dead bodies, dropped items and various mines, but not sure how to "repair" buildings.

I'm assuming setDammage 0 on all objects should work some of the time, but don't some objects completely disappear when destroyed or don't get "reconstructed" properly?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Couldn't you just reload the mission between rounds? You said you want everything to delete/respawn so restarting the mission would be easiest.

Do you want everything (score, player's location, player's weapon/ammo) to reset?

Edited by koalasalad

Well the whole point was to avoid needing to restart the mission every few minutes. Taking a few minutes to set up and load the mission to play a mission that lasts a few minutes quickly turns people away from playing the mission and for good reasons...

I need to reset as much as possible, however most is already working. Most important thing that I don't have working is the island buildings/objects that are destroyed.

Well, obviously I can setDammage 0, but how to deal with situations where setDammage 0 doesn't work is the problem. Like some objects get deleted upon destruction. I guess this won't have a real solution though :(