When I said quick, I meant quicker than the current ladder animation...and I mentioned doing a few to keep it looking natural. ;)

Just expanding on my previous comments.

Abs

yeah the idea you proposed seems to be the most obvious way of going about it without having to go into the hell that is custom animations :D

When I said quick, I meant quicker than the current ladder animation...and I mentioned doing a few to keep it looking natural. ;)

Just expanding on my previous comments.

Abs

A ya ok, ya well in the trenches they did have steping ladders but they were small and so it would still be a quick climbing animation when it comes to those as well.

Personally I always felt the ladders in ARMA didn't seem or act right when you went up them.

yeah the idea you proposed seems to be the most obvious way of going about it without having to go into the hell that is custom animations :D

It depends on how good you want it to look. ;)

...Personally I always felt the ladders in ARMA didn't seem or act right when you went up them.

Prolly because the animation is twitchy at best, generic so it fits on most ladder types, and the sound doesn't match the ladder material/animation.

As I mentioned, custom is the way to go here...it depends on how far you're willing to go to make it look good though.

Abs

Ya we saw the OFP version and one of our members told us about it. I for one never played the mod nor own OFP so I can't really look in to it. Still thanks for the tip and support :D

I'm sure you'll make a better mod with/for ArmA2, just a little video of my OFP mod to give you some inspirations (lot's of things aren't featured in the video, such as cavalry, artillery or ships, but it's already quite long)

KPn7EzAgfFw

It depends on how good you want it to look. ;)

Prolly because the animation is twitchy at best, generic so it fits on most ladder types, and the sound doesn't match the ladder material/animation.

As I mentioned, custom is the way to go here...it depends on how far you're willing to go to make it look good though.

Abs

Personally I will go as far as I can with my skill, I have only been modeling with Oxygen for 4 months max and thought not as great as everyone else I do feel my work is very good for a starter such as myself.

Still we hope to put as much effort as we can to make the mod as good as we can, both for this and for Decades of Tiberian.

I'm sure you'll make a better mod with/for ArmA2, just a little video of my OFP mod to give you some inspirations (lot's of things aren't featured in the video, such as cavalry, artillery or ships, but it's already quite long)

Please do not quote images/videos

Thanks for the vid, will cehck it out :)

Edited by W0lle

Personally I have only been modeling with Oxygen for 4 months max and thought not as great as everyone else I do feel my work is very good for a starter such as myself

Do you do all your work in O2 alone or are you importing from another program?

Do you do all your work in O2 alone or are you importing from another program?

A yes its all in Oxygen 2 for the time being :D

O2 is certainly an essential tool for what you plan however I'd strongly recomend you do yourself a favour and download the latest blender 3d http://www.blender.org/download/get-256-beta/ There is heaps of free tuts on youtube and time spent on the learning curve should be repaid many times over in speed of production, quality of work, and skills learnt. Blender 2.5 is a Beta but i've had no problems googling querries or finding stuff on the community sites. And to top it all off there is a great tool by Leopotam here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=105516 wich will allow you to export mesh, name properties, wieights, and LODS directly to O2.

O2 is certainly an essential tool for what you plan however I'd strongly recomend you do yourself a favour and download the latest blender 3d http://www.blender.org/download/get-256-beta/ There is heaps of free tuts on youtube and time spent on the learning curve should be repaid many times over in speed of production, quality of work, and skills learnt. Blender 2.5 is a Beta but i've had no problems googling querries or finding stuff on the community sites. And to top it all off there is a great tool by Leopotam here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=105516 wich will allow you to export mesh, name properties, wieights, and LODS directly to O2.

Thanks for the advice, I will look in to it when I have a chance ^_^

Good luck on this mod. Definately a nice niche project.

About trenches, perhaps if you build them into a map as a house (below ground level) and assign positions like houses are currently in ArmA2 it would be easier to get the AI in them and have them go to correct locations. As far as going over the top, that is a seperate issue.

Good luck on this mod. Definately a nice niche project.

About trenches, perhaps if you build them into a map as a house (below ground level) and assign positions like houses are currently in ArmA2 it would be easier to get the AI in them and have them go to correct locations. As far as going over the top, that is a seperate issue.

The team has been discussing the trenches a lot lately among other aspects, we did already suggest having them built in to the map but the idea of the house we did not consider.

Thanks for the tip ^O^

Been a while since our last update here.

So here is something a bit different for you

Enjoy!

0V2-S1w6oWk

Confused?

Well its basically what it says it is, a trailer for our custom soundtrack :)

Ok, now where did you get Mr.Janowski from and how high is his fee? I'm interested ;>

I or Tankgun will send you a PM at some point with details :)

i will get this when it goes beta :) i love the period and there are so much possibility to do something with arma

and if you don't like trench warfare?

the african theather, vonn lettow and his campaign in east africa- 4 years of successful guerrilla warfare

the ottoman campaigns of the middel east and the balkans - we got the map for a med east area already :)

the eastern front of germany and austro hungary, romania and possibly also serbian fronts could be well covered by the original arma 2.

the italian front could also be nice to visit, rommel won some victories there that should be fun to recreate :)

Wow, I missed this when it was first announced. Best of luck, this would be a much-welcome addition!

thanks for the comments guys, we have been very busy working on a neat surprise for you all soon :)

Glad to read this. Recently I was looking for a good WW1 themed game and all I found was "1916:The war you never knew". I was very disappointed to find myself fighting dinosaurs in the trenches...

Latest Update :)

LGOC B-type Bus

REMOVED DUE TO MODELLER USING FREEWARE/PAYWARE MODELS HE DID NOT BUILD

Coming up next time will be the Mark 1 tank in-game

Edited by hetsar

yep really nice ...but why you not shows weapons or tanks or infantry models for your first screens that would be nicer :D

Brilliant!

If the rest of your models are of this quality, this'll be brilliant.

I can just imagine the Great War or even skimirshes from the 1920s (Chinese Warlords, Insurgency in South Americas, etc.).

Outstanding!

Say, I suppose you can't use the stairs... or? ;)