minimalaco

Clafghan Map 20x20 Beta Release

f4l6ye.jpg

A5T6L0HLq-Y

Hello everyone,

Robster and I are glad to release Clafghan BETA version, after being stuck for couple of months. So we made our last effort and here you have it.

This map is 20x20 Kms. Based upon Kunar Province in Afghanistan, but this one deploys different structures that don't belong to the real area and we added them just to bring them for the sake of joy, therefore if you see a five floors building over there don`t be surprise hehehe

Clafghan map actually has:

• An airport at (very) extreme south of map (Automatic landing is OK, but IA taxiways is still pending)
  • Main valley at north, where most of structures are found and a river (walkable)
  • 3 valleys going south from main valley
  • Road network everywhere, drive carefully in mountains roads.
  • 5-6 little FOBs in the middle of the mountains, some of them just for infantry, and 3 left for heli ops.
  • Several villages in mountain areas.
  • River going down from a higher valley (not finished yet, perhaps in a future update, it wasn't priority right now).
  • Many interesting zones for some good ol'dirty firefights between mountanis

Further update (final release):

• populate with plantations and villages most part of north main valley
  • change trees in some areas to keep it not so tedious
  • add 8-12 little mountain villages
  • Custom sounds according to different zones and heights
  • Add mountain horizon over 360 degrees view
  • Adjust and peform better masks for grounds and clutter
  • Add some tips or suggestions provided by community
  • Keeping to pay attention to more details...

Known errors:

• When loading map in editor appears a warning about “wall3.p3d†(config.bin error inside razmisc pbo: correct name would be “wall_3.p3dâ€), if Opteryx give us permission to modify that in pbo, it should dessapear in our next release. Anyways, it isn't really a major problem nor it doesn't gives any trouble ingame, since this particular object wasn't used.

Robster notes:

• This one was suppoused to become Korengal Valley, and by the time I started with this project I didn't know that Ebanks was working over there... till Mini told me, so we decided to keep going with a slightly different idea in mind
  • Thus, Pech Valley was expanded by 20x to open space for our Clafghan north valley.
  • Former heights were reduced to comply with ArmA specs
  • An airport wasn't there when beginning, so do not bother saying it is remarkably outplaced... since it is indeed

Adknowledgements to:

• Columdrum for his sloped ponds and Randy Stratton for providing this concept
  • Mikebart for his excelent vegetation and rocks
  • Opteryx, for his permission to use his ArmA objects
  • Homer Johnston for his Roadpainter
  • Danielle Pistollato AKA Shezan74 for his World Tools
  • Bushlurker, Mondkalb, Mikero, Kinno and Icebreakr for providing us with constant advice and help
  • Redloto, Guyo y Spets from www.arma2la.com
  • And everyone at BIS for providing us with such creative engine and endless hours of excitement
  • Also we have to thank to all guys from =TFB= Task Forces Blackjack for their closer support and ideas dealing with building some areas (to be included in final release)

Download HERE (All pbo's Included):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15580

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=islands&id=176

Clafghan Beta Version 1.1

Just a minor update before our Alpha release:

FIXED

- Grid system

REMOVED

- Medical tent at Camp Branca, so mission makers can setup their own

ADDED

- Airport taxiways by Bushlurker

- SILVIE & ALICE (expansion)

- OA Mountain Horizon & Overcast

- Scene Intro by Tupolov

Only Clafghan pbo: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61945206/clafghan.beta.1.1.7z

Arma2de: http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=3999

Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16209

Edited by Minimalaco

Looking good mate, I'm keen to see the snow in the higher areas. Something I've been wanting for a while

It looks fantastic. I wonder if I can run it.

How does performance compare to Takistan?

It does indeed look very impressive. And quite complete in some places. Is it still far off from release?

It looks fantastic. I wonder if I can run it.

How does performance compare to Takistan?

if takistan green areas, will run fine, no problems there.

It does indeed look very impressive. And quite complete in some places. Is it still far off from release?

2 or 3 months, some beta, or maybe before? i dont know.

Why use OPX addons? Not that im criticising because I have them anyway but it will drive most people away.

hey that looks realy great ...many details,looking forward :bounce3:

Woah! Great map man.

It's just one problem: Opx stuff. It's bugged, You can't play the maps using his objects online...

I'll see if I can find a hero that will fix it's cfgs.

Looks awesome, I hope it get finished.

I have to agree with stagler, the use of OPX might draw some people away, maybe use OA buildings instead?

Map looks amazing. OPX personally doesn't bother me, they provide good FPS and don't look bad at all.

Looks awesome, I hope it get finished.

I have to agree with stagler, the use of OPX might draw some people away, maybe use OA buildings instead?

Nah , I say put your creative vision before some petty complaint about downloading an addon. The OPX buildings wide spread and worth pushing, many people already have them and they are not that difficult to obtain.

Screens are looking gorgeous btw. This is definately one to watch over the coming months.

Definitely looking forward to this map. Screenshots show a great promise.

Many moddie maps suffer from the eternal problem of dull plain terrain and unnaturally looking towns (with copy-pasted districts and buildings placed at 90 degree angles to each other) which make you ask a question "people live here?". But these screenshots give me a different impression.

It's also great that you decided to use Chernarus skies. They add that special atmospheric touch seen on those screenshots.

Why use OPX addons? Not that im criticising because I have them anyway but it will drive most people away.

OPX addons look cool and fit very well with Takistani stuff. If the map maker will provide them in the map download I don't see any problem for people too lazy to download a single addon.

The only downside is that, unfortunately, AI can't use OPX buildings.

Edited by metalcraze

hey girls, it's not about if it looks good or ppl have it or not. It's about the fact You won't be able to play it on the dedicated server, at least we weren't able of doing so on 1.54, thx to broken opx_misc... we struggled for about a week, then we left-out the Baghdad map.

Yep, be sure you can determine "petty complaints" from friendly advice.

hey girls, it's not about if it looks good or ppl have it or not. It's about the fact You won't be able to play it on the dedicated server, at least we weren't able of doing so on 1.54, thx to broken opx_misc... we struggled for about a week, then we left-out the Baghdad map.

Maybe it's just a signature issue?

Resigning the addon should be no problem.

"signature issues" doesn't break Your missions and no, clearing the mission.sqms did not help.

It was causing so ridiculous problems we were deeply shocked one addon might cause such a mess, and hey - were no FNG's, we play coop from the times classic Flashpoint was great & in shape. Really, we tried everything we could've think of and failed.

Until some coder will fix it, I guess it's not very usable, at least not for MP and that's a shame because they are very nice.

in my clan we play with the objects of OPX, and we have no problem as you say in opx_misc.