Sign in to follow this  
42ndaar

42nd Remakes BHD movie

Hello again i am the commander for the SEMI-Realism unit the 42nd Air Assault Regiment (COL C. Daley). We would like to extend and invitation to all member of the community to help us in a daunting task. This is the REmake the movie black hawk down, with-in the ARMA 3 world. When we say remake, we will have our own variations due to arma being a game and not a movie set, but we will be recreating every scene. We welcome all players weather to stand in as soldiers or to help script and direct this monster. Please feel free to message us on our forums at 42ndaar.com or these forums as a reply, our TS3 info is also on our website. Thank you to all who come to help, and we will update this as we progress into the film.

Thank you all

42nd AAR Command

Edited by 42ndaar

It's a daunting task. The editing alone could probably take a month, and the filming would take at times a completely full server with people willing to follow orders.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

the 42nd is 85+ members strong and we have an high retention rate please keep your personal issues out of this post as we are trying to work with the community here. As for the remake of this movie, it will be hard but my team and i think it will be a ton of fun and something that hasn't been done before.

I'm certainly willing to help...pm me here and let me know the details....

Ok i will forward details to all that want to help, we will have some set dates for filming and such. We are currently in need of people to help design the sets.

Sounds like a challenge, try and shoot one of the more interesting scenes first (maybe the night firefight in the square) and use it as a promo trailer for getting help with the rest

Edited by DaveP

A mind bogglingly Great Idea :eek: Also, I must admit, completely bonkers, but in a good way :) I'm sorta jealous I don't have the time to participate.

My suggestion is that you get hold of the original script (eg. here). The storyboard would be even better, but I don't think it's available.

If you don't have them allready, try to recruit people from film & media schools, as they have the skill sets, equipment and motivation for this kind of thing.

Good Luck and watch out. Bakara Market is the Wild West ;)

Are you recreating shot for shot?

If not you're going to have to plan the route each unit takes and storyboard that. Should be near impossible with all of the scripting we're talking about.

Should be near impossible with all of the scripting we're talking about.

And that's why we take on challenges like these, don't we? ;) Good luck on this - I'm kind of into machinimating in ArmA and also video editing so I probably might be of some help, but I don't have much time for gaming lately.:(

Interesting idea, id be happy to help outa here & there with this intruging task.

We will be holding a meeting Sunday the 3rd on our TS3 around 12PM EST please if you can make it show up and i will breif everyone on how we are doing this, there will be no AI units all player made

Not to hijack your thread, but has anyone thought about making a Red Storm Rising movie?

We have everything for that.

RSR takes place in 1986, so we can use Project '85 units and vehicles, complemented by the T-80 pack. We have the USS Nimitz, we have B-52s, F-14s, Tu-22Ms, etc

We just need a MiG-29 and some islands that fit the places pictured in the book. "Celle" can be used to represent central Germany.

Edited by RangerPL

we will be holding another BHD set meeting Monday the 4 at 8pm EST and will set the opening and get a tralier together, as well as release an add on pack.

Not to hijack your thread, but has anyone thought about making a Red Storm Rising movie?

We have everything for that.

RSR takes place in 1986, so we can use Project '85 units and vehicles, complemented by the T-80 pack. We have the USS Nimitz, we have B-52s, F-14s, Tu-22Ms, etc

We just need a MiG-29 and some islands that fit the places pictured in the book. "Celle" can be used to represent central Germany.

Yes. Terrorists and special forces are boring. :p

You may d/l this pack from our FTP server at 42ndaar.com/toolbox/ARMA2 in addition we have set the first filming and are now looking for attendance in TS3 to further coordinate this. Thank you all in advance

~42nd Command~

The 42nd would like to thank everyone who helped so far, we will be releasing the TRAILER on the 20th of this month.

I can't wait to see this trailer, looking forward to it :).

I'm really looking forward to the trailer, specifically, the early-1990s military units. ;)

Yes. Terrorists and special forces are boring. :p

The story is about a global war between USA and soviet union...

The story is about a global war between USA and soviet union...

I know, hence the period.

Yes was an agreement, the second sentence was a statement about how boring terrorists and special forces are.

Also, Team Yankee would be better for ArmA2 probably. :D

I know, hence the period.

Yes was an agreement, the second sentence was a statement about how boring terrorists and special forces are.

Also, Team Yankee would be better for ArmA2 probably. :D

i misunderstood u then :)

Was team yankee the one that got in trouble in iceland?? I remembered reading the book and tought the iceland part was straight out of OFP :inlove:

i misunderstood u then :)

Was team yankee the one that got in trouble in iceland?? I remembered reading the book and tought the iceland part was straight out of OFP :inlove:

No, its a different book entirely by Harold Coyle about a tank team in Europe when the Soviets invade. Imagine the tank scenes in Red Storm Rising, but an entire book of that! :eek:

No, its a different book entirely by Harold Coyle about a tank team in Europe when the Soviets invade. Imagine the tank scenes in Red Storm Rising, but an entire book of that! :eek:

cool! i´ll try and get hold of it, whats the name of the book??