Sign in to follow this  
igneous01

Team Shadow - Sniper Campaign

i have downloaded it and i see it in the campaigns option but when i click on it, it freezes and the game doesnt respond? help please

Have exactly the same problem, but it starts after completing all training missions. Help, please!

do you guys have PMC lite running? the training missions are done on proving grounds, so u need PMC lite or PMC full running in order to play it. (also make sure u have all the mods installed for it)

I will plan to update the campaign to fix some issues with the 1.62 that seems to have broken mission 4 (the tunguska spotting issue) after I release a beta of another campaign in the works.

@ingeous01: another campaign? that's bloody great, please tell me it will be also about sniping?

i had had so much fun with team shadow.

do you guys have PMC lite running? the training missions are done on proving grounds, so u need PMC lite or PMC full running in order to play it. (also make sure u have all the mods installed for it)

I will plan to update the campaign to fix some issues with the 1.62 that seems to have broken mission 4 (the tunguska spotting issue) after I release a beta of another campaign in the works.

Yes, i have ArmA 2 Gold, but campaing is still freezing.

Yes, i have ArmA 2 Gold, but campaing is still freezing.

mind pasting the .rpt file in here when the freeze happens? It usually is fairly detailed about what the issue is.

on windows 7 its found under C:Users\username\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\ArmA2OA.RPT

note: you need to have hidden folders shown in order to see AppData folder.

mind pasting the .rpt file in here when the freeze happens? It usually is fairly detailed about what the issue is.

on windows 7 its found under C:Users\username\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\ArmA2OA.RPT

note: you need to have hidden folders shown in order to see AppData folder.

uploaded - http://www.fayloobmennik.net/2120416

your rpt shows your not running A2 content -

[1054,228.215,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=2, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-C:1, group=L 1-1-C, player=sniper, _playerType=US_Soldier_Sniper_EP1", _playerGroup=B 1-1-A]

Not Running A2 Content but running @CBA_A2, please disable @CBA_A2 or enable A2 content

Error in expression <MstpSlowWrflDnon";

hvt switchmove "";

bossman PlayMoveNow "AmovPercMstpSlowWrf>

Error position: <bossman PlayMoveNow "AmovPercMstpSlowWrf>

Error Undefined variable in expression: bossman

File Campaigns\teamshadow_campaign\missions\TS_02.ProvingGrounds_PMC\endmeeting.sqf, line 7

[27465,1304.21,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.0.187. MISSINIT: missionName=intro, worldName=ProvingGrounds_PMC, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[27465,1308.74,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

[27465,1308.44,0,"x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\XEH_preInit.sqf:8","WARNING: Enhanced Armor difficulty options enabled - this is not recommended in conjunction with ACE Wounds!"]

[27467,1309.86,0.1,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[27467,1310.09,0.1,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.0.187, cba_a2=1.0.0.8, cba_oa=1.0.0.6, ace=1.9.0.470, acex=1.3.0.252, "]

[27467,1310.81,0.1,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=3, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-A:1, group=L 1-1-A, player=<NULL-object>, _playerType=", _playerGroup=<NULL-group&gt]

Not Running A2 Content but running @CBA_A2, please disable @CBA_A2 or enable A2 content

Missing addons detected:

utes

Warning Message: Ð’Ñ‹ не можете играть/редактировать Ñто задание, так как оно завиÑит от Ñкачиваемого контента, который был удален.utes

Missing addons detected:

your missing this, and also ACE_RU vehicles, including the A2 russian vehicles:

Missing addons detected:

acex_ru_veh_bmd2

acex_ru_veh_bmd1

acex_ru_veh_brdm

acex_ru_c_vehicle

utes

acex_ru_veh_mi17

acex_ru_veh_su34

acex_ru_veh_su27

acex_ru_veh_su30

CAWheeled2_Kamaz

CAWheeled2_GAZ39371

CAWheeled2_BTR90

acex_ru_veh_l39

CAWater

acex_ru_veh_btr70

this probably explains why its not functioning for you. Make sure A2 is actually running as well (run in Combined Arms mode)

Many thanks for this campaign that seems to be really nice, BUT I got two issues on the Owl mission :

• At the beginning of the mission, we are on the zodiac but we started to be fired by heavy weapons on the coast (far). I re-tried at least 10 times before I was able to keep alive... but my spotter is dead and the zodiac unusable. I saved the game in this context to be able to restart it without massive try/killed/re-start/try/... etc hope I can continue in this context (?).
  • When I spot the air control tower, I'm not able to identify the HVT inside the tower. There is one guy in front of the tower (without weapons) so I decided to shoot him ... but that was not the HVT. Does he really appear inside the tower ? There are two guys on the tower's roof but they do not looks like the target. Is there any issue with the spawn or visibility of the HVT ?
    I saw the previous message but I run Arma Co with all the appropriated addons activated.

Any help ?

Thanks in advance

Many thanks for this campaign that seems to be really nice, BUT I got two issues on the Owl mission :

• At the beginning of the mission, we are on the zodiac but we started to be fired by heavy weapons on the coast (far). I re-tried at least 10 times before I was able to keep alive... but my spotter is dead and the zodiac unusable. I saved the game in this context to be able to restart it without massive try/killed/re-start/try/... etc hope I can continue in this context (?).
  • When I spot the air control tower, I'm not able to identify the HVT inside the tower. There is one guy in front of the tower (without weapons) so I decided to shoot him ... but that was not the HVT. Does he really appear inside the tower ? There are two guys on the tower's roof but they do not looks like the target. Is there any issue with the spawn or visibility of the HVT ?
    I saw the previous message but I run Arma Co with all the appropriated addons activated.

Any help ?

Thanks in advance

This is a new issue that occurred sometime after the game was patched to 1.60, before then the zodiac would never be spotted at the beginning of the game. I will fix this soon, as it seems to really break the mission.

I will look into the HVT as well, if I remember, there were two people inside the tower, to give some suspense on which target was the real one. Ill check this again. It may be best you skip this mission, until I can get a fix up for it. the cheat is shift + numpad minus -> type endmission, that will skip the mission, and move on to the next one.

sorry about this, I will fix it soon. Didnt think this campaign would pick up again after a year since it was released ;)

Just stopping by to say: Thank you for this awsome campaign! These are the best sniper missions I've ever played! I really like your spotter solution, works quite good. I play it with ASR-AI, wich makes it very (hard) fun to play. I had the most exiting moment in the fourth mission, where I on the way back suddenly found the general and shot him at over 800 meters while he was moving. What a lucky shot. Pity I had to use the cheat to end the mission though. Now to find the Artillery position in mission 5!

First of all I want to thank you on creating a awesome campaign, and i can also say that I could not see the HVT on the Operation Owl mission in the control tower, i thought at first it might have been one of the two guards on the tower, but after taking one of them out i saw a leg clipping through the wall bellow the windows. Turns out that was the HVT and shooting him in the leg completed the objective. so not sure if he was bugged out and invisible before or just already laying down, but it all worked out for me in the end. Thanks again for creating this!

Hello im new in arma and ace so i vonder in the first mission in the shooting range its says that when im ready i can go to my menu and chose the action "leave shooting range" or something, how do i get access to that menu?

(Sorry about My bad english)

In case :) there could be still anyone around here, I submit my problem:

from the mission after Operation Owl, my character starts with no weapons

Although having many mods activated and played lots of missions and campaigns so far, this is a first-time issue, so I ask for suggestions here,

thanks

How about in the briefing, with weapon selection in the "Units" tab before you start the mission?

This campaign sounds very good, definitely will give it a try. Thanks for making!

Edited by zoog

How about in the briefing, with weapon selection in the "Units" tab before you start the mission?

:o :o :o :o

please forgive a almost-newbie-old-man returning to this game after a while (switching in time back and forth from sim to sim makes memories fade away....)

Hi! I've played your campaing for some days and is simply AMAZING. I really love it! Keep up the good work.

I'd like to report bugs i've found:

In mission Operation Owl, the side-mission gets auto-completed. It says there is a new mission and gets auto-completed after it so i can't get that one done. Also, apart from being shot on insertion, i couldn't exfiltrate. Me and my spotter got to the ship but it never turned nor got out of there, so i was shot down by AA many times and had to force cheat endmission to continue campaign.

EDIT: Solved, found the 3rd sniper!

Edited by Deliver

very awesome sniping mission, i really love it!

but one thing bothers me...

on the "Becoming a Hog" mission, the target is blocked by some bushes & tree branches...every time i shoot the target through the bushes & branches, the bullet is kinda gone or doesn't get through the obstacles...it seems that the bushes make my bullet deviate from its trajectory resulting in complete inaccuracy :(

is that really so? in ACE, your bullet can deviate when penetrating some objects? or is it a bug?

please reply ASAP, thanks in advance :)

it seems that the bushes make my bullet deviate from its trajectory resulting in complete inaccuracy :(

is that really so? in ACE, your bullet can deviate when penetrating some objects? or is it a bug?

The ballistic simulation in ArmA II include a direction and speed change when a bullet is changing environment. But I don't think that shooting in bushes will result of complete inaccuracy...

You may try to move stealthly to another shooting position with suitable FOV and LOS (and of course, with vanish routes) :)

Firstly big thanks to you and everyone involved for making this captivating campaign. The missions are what I've been looking for for quite some time and they fulfill all expectations.

:D

Now the issues I've encountered. These are all reproducible during the mission "Mistery Man"(using arma 1.62 and latest mods), though they're not all bugs:

- It's impossible to equip more than one additional special item during the briefing(f.e. kestrel, spotting scope), but the spotter has all the things I need. This is the case for all missions.

- The guy who leads you to the informant runs too fast. Even if told to slow down, he just does so for a few seconds and then keeps running. Because of ACE stamina, it's not possible to keep up with him, even without rifle.

- There seems to be no way to continue conversations when the NPC said something while playing as spotter -> revert of mission :(

- When in spotting mode and the spotter is dead, firing a shot switches to the perspective of the dead spotter and arma no longer reacting to input -> revert of mission :(

- The same happens when you switch to the dead spotter using the command interface.

- The objective to eliminate the enemy sniper team doesn't always appear and is sometimes completed before the sniper team(the two guys with dragunovs, right?) is actually eliminated. (Maybe this has to do with using GL4 which enables AIs to resign)

- When reaching the second point of the informant's trail(the end of the road with a small house), nothing happens. I had a look around and followed the road to the next city, but didn't find any signs.

- Even though playing in expert mode, my position is marked on the map, as visible here:

arma2oa_2014_10_05_02_03_23_87.jpg

Is this caused by my configuration or does this happen to other players too?

Do you know what mod might be causing this?

- The extraction zone for the informant is not marked on the map, I was just lucky enough to notice the helo waiting there.

arma2oa_2014_10_05_02_02_46_70.jpg

He's just waiting to get shot..

Edited by DeinFreund
fixed images