Thread: Game keeps minimizing to desktop!?

Unhappy Game keeps minimizing to desktop!?

Hello having problems with my game minimizing to desktop when on full screen, once its hidden in the task bar it will not allow me to open it back up but I can still hear the game running only way is to stop it via task manager. It does this constantly now. However if I play the game in windowed mode around the time it minimizes i get an error saying Nvidia has recovered from a fatal error. I have tried downloading the latest beta drivers with no affect. Have also tryed changing video settings to low in game.

Nvidia 9800GTX OC
    8 gig ram
    Windows 7 64bit

Windows 7 64-bit | AMD FX 8350 4.0 GHZ | GTX 570 (310.70) | 32 GB RAM
    OCZ Agility 3 120 GB SSD | OCZ Agility 2 120 GB SSD | OCZ Vertex Plus 60 GB SSD | Intel 80 GB SSD
    Logitech G500 G15 G930 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek X52 Pro + Pro Flight Rudder

I've recently started getting this with my system (and I've never encoutered issues previously).

I've an MSI ATI 5850 and the game has started to have the same symptoms as yours.

I'll give the workaround to the link MOSH has provided but currently I've uninstalled and am currently reinstalled ARMA2/ARMA2:OA + DLC's (STEAM).

[Added after posting]
    Found another thread with similair issues....http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=115091
    Last edited by LondonLad; Mar 28 2011 at 22:41.

Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, 2* ATI 5850 1GB (Crossfire), 2 * Intel SSD, 2 * Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB (RAID0), Windows 7 x64 RTM