Just FYI and for anyone else interested, TSC and DAS have been 'live' on the server for the last few weeks (unofficially, for now - I hope to change that, shortly). They work - give them a spin! Right now, only the sample missions are up, but, hopefully, we'll get some new missions that use them (I'm fairly certain that that's in the offing; my Gamefront page has what's on the server, in terms of TSC and DAS).
I went through some of your old posts last night and was reminded that you had done Operation Matchball - in addition to pushing OFP, it just about wrecks my system! It's awesome, though. Some new islands are on the way for the server, I think I'll see about getting Libya in there, as well.
Last edited by Anguis; Apr 25 2011 at 00:30.
TacOps Server: feel free to play!
The Great Gordo on Twitter:
@gordonkeith That's when I press the universe to my pants.
RT@DeepakChopra: When an electron vibrates the universe shakes.
- I ran into a problem uploading to Gamefront - the full archive is too big. For now, I've decided to go with uploading the archive in parts. On the Gamefront page, you will find the pertinent archives named "@wgltacopspart1" and "@wgltacopspart2". part1 is notequivalent to the old @wglextras (the earlier assertion that it is was incorrect); part2 has all the new addons, including documentation and island anims. I suppose, for simplicity's sake, you should consolidate these addons in a folder named "@wgltacops" - that's the one on the server.
- The new addons are 'live' on the server.
- New missions have been uploaded (tried some this morning) and more are being submitted/worked on.
- @wglextras has been renamed @wgltacops
- I will provide both an update archive of the new addons and a full archive of @wgltacops on my Gamefront page
- List of @wgltacops addons:
- The 'new' islands allow for access to the rest of the missions on the server.
- This is not the final update: more addons have been submitted to me and are being reviewed. More info on them soon, hopefully.
- Hat tip to D.O.A. for his model archive setup.
Special "Thanks!" to Marto and Zulu1 for their help!
Last edited by Anguis; Apr 28 2011 at 16:39.
My earlier note about @wgltacopspart1 "is equivalent to the old @wglextras" is incorrect.
Given the recent addons changes, I believe I should clarify the following: the mod folders '@ciawgl' and '@wglextras' are no longer fully compatible w/ the addons used on the TacOps server. The following are the affected files:
Here is an archive with just these files (current server versions, of course). All you have to do is copy these into your @ciawgl or @wglextras addons folders, instead of having to download the whole pack.
N.B. In case CiA brings back WGL to their server, my recommendation is make a copy of your orginal @ciawgl folder before making these changes, and rename the one you're using for this server to @wgltacops (according to the earlier suggested consolidation).
Sorry for the mix up. First post has been updated.
Last edited by Anguis; Apr 28 2011 at 17:45.