Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: TacOps Server

TacOps Server

Server Update[/B]: New IP Address: 76.17.156.93 (for both the OFP and TS2 servers)

Coop Nights

Date: Whenever we work something up, nowadays!
    Time: If we do get something going, it'll be around 10:00 p.m. CST (-6 CET)
    See below for additional info.
    ______

N.B. addons updated, see below for info.

Hi, folks,

I managed to get WGL running on my server and I'm opening it up to everyone.
    I'm new to this sort of thing. Questions and constructive advice about running a server would be appreciated.
    Right now, it runs WGL, but I might rotate in other mods/missions if I can figure out how to get them going.

It won't likely be up 24/7. If it's down and you'd like to play, send a PM my way. I'll see what I can do.

The name is a reference to an old paintball club.

Here's the server info:

Server name (as shown in GameSpy): TacOps WGL

Mission count: 1681

TeamSpeak 2 Server: 76.17.156.93

No passwords, for now.

Required mod folders/addons:

@wgl5 (fully patched WGL 5.12, hat tip to Overlord)

@wgltacopspart1 updated on 4/28/2011: now includes snYpir's SP/MP support pack addon

@wgltacopspart2

Complete @wgltacops archive - includes both @wgltacopspart1 and @wgltacopspart2 (as of 04/28/2011) Thank you, Pulverizer!

@wgltacops addons
    Spoiler:

N.B. Those of you who are using '@ciawgl' and '@wglextras' see the update below.

On that same download page, you will find the WGL Ryan and AT unit and weapons replacement mod-folder archives, respectively. 5.1_rep.rar is required for the AT installation, see the WGL51reprarinstallation.txt for instructions (see Walter's post, below).
    Instructions for getting the Ryan models working: WGL Models Base Instructions

Additionally, Mr. Burns' AEC Islands replacement pack is there for download, as well.

Make backups of your original files!

If there is a mission you'd like included in the server (or, if there's one on there that needs to be fixed), let me know!

Have fun!

N.B. Inspired by the [CiA] and the University of Dallas Tactical Operations Club.

______

Coop Nights

Date: Saturday nights
    Time: 10:00 p.m. CST (-6 CET)

TS2 comms will be required. You won't need a mic - just need to be able to hear.
    Style of play: see the CiA Rules

4/26/2011 Addons update: @wgltacopspart1 is not equivalent to the old @wglextras (see below); @wgltacopspart2 contains the new addons, documentation, and island anim folders.

- Consolidate the addons in a mod folder named '@wgltacops'. Remove @wglextras (do not rename it to @wgltacops - the earlier suggestion to do so was incorrect; it is ok to do so with a few addons replaced, see update, below).

Thank you, Zulu1 and Marto!

4/27/2011 Addons update: I removed
    mfcti1.15.pbo
    zscti1.1.pbo
    zscti1.2.pbo
    zscti1.3.pbo
    due to a note on the Zeus site - they were obsolete. If you already have them, go ahead and delete them. They have been removed from the server.

4/29/2011 @ciawgl and @wglextras updated addons cf. Post #50

Copy the addons in the following archive to update @ciawgl and/or @wglextras for compatibility w/ the TacOps WGL server:

wglextrasciawglupdate.zip

This update will render the addons in @ciawgl and @wglextras equivalent to those in @wgltacopspart1.

- added complete @wgltacops archive

05/11/2011: new IP address: 76.17.144.172

07/16/2011: new IP address: 76.17.140.188

08/25/2011: new IP address: 76.17.139.110

11/29/2011: new IP address: 76.17.154.205

07/12/2012: new IP address: 76.17.150.156

12/01/2013: new IP address: 76.17.156.93
    Last edited by Anguis; Jun 23 2014 at 03:11.

Anguis,

Good job! There were a couple of wgl fans lurking around here, maybe this will draw them out again.
    System Specs: [Intel i5 655k 3.2ghz unlocked]...[8gb ddr3 1344mhz ram]...[evga GTX660sc 2gb gddr5]...[Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme]
    Worlds largest collection of OFP files known to man.

Thanks, Walter, I had forgotten about that error. I've uploaded the corrected text. However, I think your quote does the job better!

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu1 View Post
    Anguis,

Good job! There were a couple of wgl fans lurking around here, maybe this will draw them out again.
    [CiA]Marto paid a visit!

Try OFP Monitor.
    http://ofpmods.webs.com/downloads.htm

It's better than OFP Watch, it shows all server activity at once.

Yeah, I'd go with OFPMonitor. I, frankly, am not sure what the ip is, due to a confusing conversation with Comcast a week or two ago. I am, unfortunately, able to see my server on neither ofpwatch (when I put in what I think is the ip) nor ofpmonitor. If you find my server on ofpmonitor, feel free to post the ip it reports. I'm curious to see what it is.

Here's what whatismyip.com shows: 76.17.155.75
    The port should be 2302.

And, if you're up for a game, send me a PM. I might be able to play (and grab someone else, too).

I've been asked about a regular/semi-regular co-op session. Thoughts? (I'm now working on a TS server)

Edit: Zulu, how do you use ofpmonitor to launch off-line sessions? I haven't been able to figure that out - pretty much keeps me from using it. The vast majority of my mod-combos entails local launches. I can't get on my server with it, b/c I can't see it, but, if it'd open a local session, it'd work for me. Actually, another thing I'd need it to do is launch via an alternate executable (fwatch, specifically).
    Last edited by Anguis; Mar 19 2011 at 21:22.

Yeah, that's a really weird thing to see! The server says WGL and I have messages cycling that give the addons links. Maybe they'll come around. . . !

TeamSpeak 2 Server

Hi, folks,

I got a TS2 server up and running - see first post for info. There's no PW, for now. Let me know how it works for you, good or bad.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Anguis; Mar 22 2011 at 17:00.

Good job Anguis - nice server. I checked in a few times lately and works very nice. I been too busy with work for OFP lately but I'll check in when I can.

Seen Viking and Zulu arouns several times too.

I'd be interested in a COOP time if we can somehow work it around US/AUS timings... Weekends best. Perhaps either Sat or Fri evenings US so its Sat or Sun mornings here?

As Zulu said I think we need to make some smaller wgl missions with easy objectives.... might get inspired to make a few small missions...

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

PS we should drag Zwobot in for a game sometime...

Gonna drop by sometime for sure!

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast