Sign in to follow this  
andrea0373

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Hi all,

I do not know if this is the right section of the forum for this post.

I am trying to contact the author of this addons to ask if I can change it for ArmA 2 OA.

I have already made ​​some changes, as you can see in the video.

Before you make public my work, just waiting for permission.

Just hope you can get permission. The F/A-18 has been a hot topic over on these forums.

OMGZ! I wants F/A-18 Super Hornet. I really hope to god you manage to get permission to release this. The F/A-18 Hornet has been like a carrot dangling on the end of a stick for too long now. It's being held just out of reach and I'm sure we're all tired of waiting for it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are far too many addons created for "personal use" that never get released publicly. Search YouTube and you can see hundreds of kewl addons that the author for whatever reason has decided to withhold. Hopefully this will not be one of them.

^_^,v,,

Edited by kage74

simply PM Franze. Hes a great guy. Im sure he will approve

Why don't you PM Franze, instead of posting on the forums and breaking its rules:

§20) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

Other than that, best of luck. I am pretty sure Franze will agree to give you permission (even though the same model is being updated to A2/O2 by at least another 2 addon groups)

Edited by PuFu

Oh crap, better take off that link before the police arrives.:icon3: It hurts to see peple get perma banned for things like this.

Everyone, relax, I've given a number of people permission to port the F/A-18E/F over the past couple of weeks. andrea0373 was one of them. :)

ETA:

There are far too many addons created for "personal use" that never get released publicly. Search YouTube and you can see hundreds of kewl addons that the author for whatever reason has decided to withhold. Hopefully this will not be one of them.

The reason why a lot of people go that way is because this community nitpicks every little thing on a free addon and it's hard for a lot of folks to muster up the courage to release and face the music.

Edited by Franze

Very nice to see the bird in her prime, I've seen a few mods using her but none of them shown with the features she's had from OFP and Arma1.

Edited by NodUnit

Oh boy, thank you to Franze for allowing andrea0373 to work on it and thank you to andrea0373 for working on it.

I'm looking forward to it.

Much appreciated Franze, thanks andrea0373 for stepping up and volunteering to port it! :)

The reason why a lot of people go that way is because this community nitpicks every little thing on a free addon and it's hard for a lot of folks to muster up the courage to release and face the music.

Ain't that the truth! I hear couple people in my squad be critical bout some addons (My self at times too.) but most of us wouldn't know where to start! I'm just happy people are willing to give the time and effort to do make the things some of us dream of but lack the skills and time to do so.

Back OT: Lookning forward to you port andrea0373. Over the moon that the wings fold up! Will/ Are you planning to implment a way to change the squadron markings?

Most of the people that nitpick something really critically are people that have never released something in their lives, so I usually just ignore their comments.

I make mistakes in my missions all the time, but most people realize that I am human and mistakes do happen.

Cannot wait for this! :)

ArmA 2 should of had an F/A-18 from the start, it will go nicely with Nimitz :p

Sweet! One more jet to cross off my list. Will this be Glt misslebox armed or stock Arma loadouts?

Sweet! One more jet to cross off my list. Will this be Glt misslebox armed or stock Arma loadouts?

If he does stock, I'm sure somebody could make a GLT config for it as an optional?

simply PM Franze. Hes a great guy. Im sure he will approve

I have tried but no response :):)

Everyone, relax, I've given a number of people permission to port the F/A-18E/F over the past couple of weeks. andrea0373 was one of them. :)

ETA:

Thx we work hard:yay::yay::yay:

I have also been in contact with Franze (who gave me permission to work on this) and yes I must say that it is really nice of him to have allowed me also to work on porting his F/A18 to ArmA2 OA. I have actually been working on this for about a week now, and have done some rework of the textures and rvmats. Tonight I got the model to show in game and actually took it for somewhat a spin around the block. I am having trouble with the config as getting the animations to work properly and implementing the scripting.

here is a little taste of what I am cooking up...

buldozer2011-03-1017-00-20-73.jpg

now all I need is some help with the config... I have talked with andrea0373 and hopefully we can help each other out in this.

***Oh yeah I wanna give a shoutout to Myke and Franze who have helped me so far... Thanks.

Edited by Meatball0311

Thats some nice news for the F/A-18s. Hope you guys can get in the works with this aircraft. Keep the goods going.

I agree, but there are also those who cherish the mods but don't leave constructive criticism or positive comments, which is sad because it is a great moral booster. And thanks for giving him the permission to work on the jet, can't wait!

Edited by Navvarone

Thanks to all involved, for the OP for getting the ball rolling, and the original author for giving permissions...

This is a favorite plane of mine and I look forward to flying it in game. I hope it goes well, and I really wish I could help somehow... but I have ZERO modding skills. :o