Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: F/A-18 Super Hornet

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Hi all,

I do not know if this is the right section of the forum for this post.
    I am trying to contact the author of this addons to ask if I can change it for ArmA 2 OA.
    I have already made ​​some changes, as you can see in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hac3tf_qDTo

Before you make public my work, just waiting for permission.

Second Lieutenant GossamerSolid's Avatar
    Just hope you can get permission. The F/A-18 has been a hot topic over on these forums.

Missions/Gamemodes
    Mods/Addons
    PC - i5 3570K | EVGA GTX 780 ACX | 16GB DDR3

OMGZ! I wants F/A-18 Super Hornet. I really hope to god you manage to get permission to release this. The F/A-18 Hornet has been like a carrot dangling on the end of a stick for too long now. It's being held just out of reach and I'm sure we're all tired of waiting for it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are far too many addons created for "personal use" that never get released publicly. Search YouTube and you can see hundreds of kewl addons that the author for whatever reason has decided to withhold. Hopefully this will not be one of them.

^_^,v,,
    Last edited by kage74; Mar 12 2011 at 14:18.
    Cream the Rabbit

simply PM Franze. Hes a great guy. Im sure he will approve
    Dco 1-502INF 101st Airborne (RET)

http://pracs.rkslstudios.info/

Why don't you PM Franze, instead of posting on the forums and breaking its rules:
    §20) Posting addon/mod other content without permission
    For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.
    Other than that, best of luck. I am pretty sure Franze will agree to give you permission (even though the same model is being updated to A2/O2 by at least another 2 addon groups)
    Last edited by PuFu; Mar 12 2011 at 14:30.

Spoiler:

Oh crap, better take off that link before the police arrives. It hurts to see peple get perma banned for things like this.

(\_/)
    (O.o)copy the bunny into your sig
    ( ><) help him achieve world dominashun

Everyone, relax, I've given a number of people permission to port the F/A-18E/F over the past couple of weeks. andrea0373 was one of them.

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by kage74 View Post
    There are far too many addons created for "personal use" that never get released publicly. Search YouTube and you can see hundreds of kewl addons that the author for whatever reason has decided to withhold. Hopefully this will not be one of them.
    The reason why a lot of people go that way is because this community nitpicks every little thing on a free addon and it's hard for a lot of folks to muster up the courage to release and face the music.
    Last edited by Franze; Mar 12 2011 at 17:16.

Very nice to see the bird in her prime, I've seen a few mods using her but none of them shown with the features she's had from OFP and Arma1.
    Last edited by NodUnit; Mar 12 2011 at 17:12.

Second Lieutenant GossamerSolid's Avatar
    Oh boy, thank you to Franze for allowing andrea0373 to work on it and thank you to andrea0373 for working on it.

I'm looking forward to it.

Much appreciated Franze, thanks andrea0373 for stepping up and volunteering to port it!

Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast