smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

Shouldn't this thread be in the complete addons forum?

I'm really sad for you discontinuing this project :(

Well it is pretty much obsolete with Arma 3 anyway; which he's no doubt working on deep in the BI dungeon's.

Indeed, arm yourself with patience. If not for the release then soon afterwards :) The quality boost is out of charts:)

Hey smookie im using the lite version of ur excellent animation replacement (i also tried full version but that was a bit to much for me) and i have kind of a small request/idea.

It would be great/very useful to have an animation when prone to raise ur head a bit to be able to look over the grass. Not for shooting but just for looking. Pressing the turbo key + move forward key.

The prone right and raise body(turbo + forward) animation is already almost like that but raising is not high enough and using that animations and going back to normal prone takes to long for me to be useful. So something like that a bit higher in normal prone position would be a really great addition imo :bounce3: Anyway thanks alot for ur addon:)

Just got to ask, will this get patched any time soon? Walking up stairs will still kill you from time to time, except for mosque stairs which always kills you. I created a ticket about on dev-heaven, but last time I checked nobody had responded to it or assigned it to anyone.

It's a great mod, but it becomes rather useless if you can't count on surviving a trip up/down the stairs.

Yes the only real reason we took this mod out of our list is the weird deaths on stairs (which are by far the most common on mosque stairs, but can happen just about on any stairway). All the other problems are really not hard to live with for the major benefit of having even just the "jog with weapon up" animation.

All the other problems are really not hard to live with for the major benefit of having even just the "jog with weapon up" animation.
This alone is why I've been so optimistic about Arma 3 for months, just for making "jog with weapon up" not require a mod but be inherently part of that game. :D We're indebted to Smookie as Arma fans!

Yeah, it'll be great in Arma 3 as I doubt they'd use it there if mosque stairs would equal death. I'm just wishing it can be fixed for Arma 2, it's so good.

to not loose your legs or die on stairs, you have to be in a crouch state and usually slow walk.

I have an issue... I have installed the mod but when i try to anter the game the game take about 10 minutes to get to the main screen. When at the main screen i get an error about a Skeleton!?!? And then when I go into a game I am unable to shoot, unable to move ect. any help???

I'm using the SMK mod and with many weapons the hold-over-the-head/at-the-side for blind fire doesn't work. Anybody have any idea why?

I'm not using heavy weapons, only rifles. For me blind fire is disabled for anything that has an underbarrel grenade launcher, bipods or silencer. The same goes for many rifles with scope. When I went through ammoboxes, checking each gun if it works, the results were pretty disheartening. I'm using ACE if that perhaps interferes with SMK, but otherwise SMK is working great and I love it (if I'm forced by a server to play without it I actually feel strange). Weird is that many mod weapons work. For example, RH weapons work mostly (50-60% of RH AK's), but vanilla and ace weapons only about 20-30%.

That was really a great work however I would like to have your lite version with the wall climbing animation added so is it possible to make me one?:p

Tried this one and it would be awesome if it wouldnt be that buggy.

-If you sprint inside building you will clip trough walls and get out from building. Quite deadly if you are on higher floor.

-If sprinting against obstaccle eg. roadblock/fence character will run trough the roadblock as there were no roadblock/fence

-Triing to climb a wall sometimes triggers unstopable autorun

-some walls are unclimbable. Character will do climb animation, but after climbing the wall he will appear back on starting possition.

-blind fire works only occasionally

-combat slide works only occasionally

-leaning to walls doesnt work on some buildings.

-sometimes character will lean to wall even if there is no wall.

I too have experienced these glitches, the clipping issues all seem to come from one animation, a little "fumble" the character does when you stop moving, if this mod were updated I'd recommend scrapping that animation. Blind fire from cover sometimes fails to work. Lastly the running vault is redundant, since @st_bunnyhop already does the same thing.

Unfrotunately I do not work on this project anymore. BTW please compare dates and check when running vault and bunnyhop were released :)

So can someone clarify this for me, this does not require scripting? Do the AI use this-ish?

I so far can get Animations created, ported into RTM format, brought from ther into game using a gesture config. using the masks variable I can get my animation in game (a month long struggle I'm pretty proud of)

My problem is I have different animations (say for instance a new "lockpicking a vehicle" animation) and I want the player locked through the duration of this animation. I know it was possible in Arma 2 (though I don't know how) and I'm all lost concerning arma 3 and I've spent a lot of time researching it and trying to solve this problem

any help, especially an example config would be greatly appreciated

Do you plan to bring these animations addon to Arma3..?

As far as I know he is the man behind A3 animations. Soo - in a way, his work is already there =)))

Correct, his are the animations you already play with, well quite a few anyway in A3. Not sure if he has moved on, I think he may be doing some work over at Blackfoot Studio's. Either way they're great animations, I use his SMK pack for A2, much appreciated they are too.

Correct, his are the animations you already play with, well quite a few anyway in A3. Not sure if he has moved on, I think he may be doing some work over at Blackfoot Studio's. Either way they're great animations, I use his SMK pack for A2, much appreciated they are too.

All of the above is correct. I am currently full-time character animator for ArmA3 and the only character animator for Ground Branch. I will not be porting this mod to ArmA3 but my personal wishlist for ArmA3 has been updated with some of features from this mod not yet implemented in A3.