Sign in to follow this  
max power

Unreal Engine 3 Tech Demo Video

RSXyztq_0uM

Now that's how you do a tech demo!

The climax sort of begs the question why he was using a blowtorch in the beginning, tho :p

yes, its a extra cgi, non-realtime game engine. Congratulations you two, you win the expert speculation of the year awards.

yes, its a extra cgi, non-realtime game engine. Congratulations you two, you win the expert speculation of the year awards.

Says the guy with noticeable grammatical errors.

Says the guy with noticeable grammatical errors.

why don't you check a dictionary about the terms you are using before you actually post them down...just so you don't make a fool out of yourself (again).

________

moving away from the attention seeking noobs, and going back to the subject at hand:

Would have liked it better if they've released a tech demo similar to the cryengine 3 one:

ZqNHJ-ekMR4

Hi all

Pre Renderered Cut Scenes me thinks. The usual stuff the publicity companies fool the numpties with. One born every minute.

Kind Regards walker

moving away from the attention seeking noobs, and going back to the subject at hand:

Would have liked it better if they've released a tech demo similar to the cryengine 3 one:

[//YOUTUBE]ZqNHJ-ekMR4[/YOUTUBE]

I like that :)

Edited by kavoven

I'm sooooo disappointed. As a guy who makes his living with torches, there's no way he could have heated that chain to red hot, let alone melted it with a bottled propane torch. They just lost me after that..... :p

I noticed that too. I guess they really wanted to have him light a cigarette with the torch.

They have bigass spiderbots in that dystopian city, I'm sure they have blowtorches that are a wee bit hotter than what we have now :P

Wow, so much wrong information here.

This is realtime, rendered on 3x Geforce 580 running in SLI.

And likely still not running in Triplehead/Eyefinity as native.

Unreal have really dropped the ball in terms of technology. They are quite simply years behind.

They have bigass spiderbots in that dystopian city, I'm sure they have blowtorches that are a wee bit hotter than what we have now :P
Cigarettes must be really cheap too, the rate he gets through them ;)

Some really impressive new graphics engines on the horizon; let's just hope we get some really great gameplay to play on them.

Unreal 3 VS. Cry Engine 3

I wonder which one will win more contract

Unreal 3 VS. Cry Engine 3

I wonder which one will win more contract

Obviously, Unreal Engine. There's a crazy amount of game devs that are used to it and its tools.

Only very, very few games use CryEngine. Can you name one retail game using CE2 other than Crysis and Crysis Warhead without cheating?

Sure, CE2 was PC only so CE3 might gain some ground now that it's on consoles too, but it's still impossible that it would catch UE's lead in just one engine generation.

Edited by Pulverizer

Sure the art style and environment are minimalistic in places, but not even pre-rendered CGI or raytrace art looked nothing that good in 1992 (esp lighting and water & other special fx).