Sign in to follow this  
sw1

What happened to Carrier Command: Gaea Mission???

Back in 2010 when BIS released some screenshots there was a lot of hype about this up and coming game. Now it seems to have been forgoten.

Wikipedia says developement has stopped and we can't expect to see it before 2012?

Is this true?

If it is it's a shame, from the little I've seen about it, it looked like it was going to be another excellent game from BIS :(

Wikipedia says developement has stopped and we can't expect to see it before 2012?

They would have announced that on one of the sites or forums. The Wikipedia entry is probably a form of "complaint" by someone that wants to get some news about the game, but isn't getting any. It's been quite a while since the last news though ...

Huh. The person who made that wikipedia edit is from Perth. Isn't BISIM in Perth?

Edited by Max Power

BISim Australia office is located in Nelson Bay near Sydney

And even if they would be located in Perth, I guess they have better stuff to do than editing a Wikipedia page about that game.

You two seem unemployed, now I can change that... :D

I wouldn't take that Wikipedia info for a proven fact. As usual.

Since we havn't heard of any new plan for a DLC or Carrier Command, I can only assume that BIS has concentrated all its troops on another big project including all the guys at Altar and Black element.They still have to make all those artists and coders work after all, and they're not all bugfixing stuff on OA...

Given that Carrier Command was also the basis for a new engine, maybe they have decided to push the development even further so as to make it the basis of the future Arma franchise aswell.... hence delaying the current game.

Pure speculation there... But maybe we'll hear of a new expansion in the Arma Franchise as a consequence of the Carrier Command delay, or that Carrier Command will become something totally different that what was initially planned.

Thanks for all the replies- I'm glad to hear that it looks like Carrier Command is still going ahead.

BISim Australia office is located in Nelson Bay near Sydney

Huh... I wonder what I have crossed BISIM with in my mind to get that it was located in Perth. I think something is located in Perth but I'm not sure what now! Hahaha!

...they're not all bugfixing stuff on OA...

It's quiet, too quiet.

Indeed it is very quiet, couldn't someone from BI just put a small post up to give us some encouragement? :j:

Seemingly that’s not there style, yes I agree it’s a bit like Commodore they could not market anything…

Something that has stayed with me for many many years is an article I read a long time ago about the time of Commodore's demise. Someone once said about Commodore...

"Commodore had the market nailed, with a home computer that was more powerful than anything else on the market at the time. But they couldn't market anything. if Commodore were in charge of marketing 'Kentucky Fried Chicken' they'd have called it 'Warm Dead Bird' " Doesn't have the same ring, if I'm honest.

Anyway I now have BF3 to look forward to so this can come or go now, not that fussed...

Any idea if the announced Take On helicopter is the reason for Carrier Command's delay ?

No, it is definitely not. I can assure you that lack of updates does not mean we are no longer working on the game.

Sometimes there is no other way than give development more time in order to make the game right and in case of Carrier Command Gaea Mission it is really as simple as this.

Just knowing that the devs are working on it is enough for me, no need for screens

Thank you very much for the answer Marek, much appreciated.

Also czech Eurogamer today mentioned at the end of coverage about Take on helicopter that we can get some details about game in foreseeable future.

Wow an actual post regarding the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for always looking like being negative but you understand your whole handling game information or publicity is a bit of a embarrassment. But good to have actual response on the game even if it is nothing but a “ yeah we are still working†on the game.

Am actually getting a bit of a love hate with this game, that is a shame as I loved and played the original many years ago. But really I have little respect for this development team, well there ability to handle there fan base.

Their ability to handle there fan base is next to none. It is excellent.

Ofcourse I, as the rest of us, wouldnt mind more information/screenshots/discussion but they spoil us with patches and by listening to us so I see no reason to complain.

Better than most coimpanies that throw alot of pictures and then deliver something else.

Nah, dont you worry sav112g, they will deliver :)

I have no doubt they will deliver a game good or bad, still worried at the what looked like a incredibly week after thought of a FPS on the islands. Everyone has there thoughts on good or bad communications, regrettably I find having nothing to talk about defeats the purpose of this forum that is deader than something that was shot a year ago then blown up just to make sure!:(

Was it over a year ago they gave us a few pictures, and is that web site still under construction? There ability as you say is excellent –What! Considering the posts on here asking if it’s still in development proves that’s a massive fail. You don’t need flashy pictures or videos but don’t be an arse with - “yeah this wall of silence is great, its fantastic†as all you come across is a fanboy as they say although I hate that term.

I’m not saying Developers like Dice are not prone to showing things that are not actually in the game, they all seem to do this but at least your kept up to date with how the game is developing, they positively thrive on it.

How hard would it have been for someone in the development staff to come on and say “yes the game is developing very nicely and we are still working hard†but you don’t even get that. I have watched two such games in development that have promised so much then slipped away.

Example being four years for a update! :eek:

E3 2008: PT Boats: Knights of the Sea Impressions - Quick Updates

We take an updated look at this long-in-development naval simulation at E3 2008.

Posted Jul 18, 2008 3:04 am GMT

PT Boats: Knights of the Sea E3 2004 Impressions

This gorgeous sim lets you live the life of a PT Boat crew member during World War II.

Posted May 14, 2004 11:32 pm GMT

I don’t even know if this game was ever released as after five years who is interested!

Edited by sav112g

Was it over a year ago they gave us a few pictures, and is that web site still under construction? There ability as you say is excellent –What! Considering the posts on here asking if it’s still in development proves that’s a massive fail. You don’t need flashy pictures or videos but don’t be an arse with - “yeah this wall of silence is great, its fantastic†as all you come across is a fanboy as they say although I hate that term.

I’m not saying Developers like Dice are not prone to showing things that are not actually in the game, they all seem to do this but at least your kept up to date with how the game is developing, they positively thrive on it.

How hard would it have been for someone in the development staff to come on and say “yes the game is developing very nicely and we are still working hard†but you don’t even get that. I have watched two such games in development that have promised so much then slipped away.

Hardly anything was shown of ArmA2 until a couple of months/weeks before release. Posting Photoshopped pictures every week for months like all of the major publishers do creates a hype, and BIS does not sell games by hyping up rubbish products and thereby ripping off it's customers. You're not kept up to date by major publishers, you are conned into thinking the game has so much going for it when in fact it's just an empty shell with an excessively high pricetag on it. No matter how much shiny screenshots and heavily edited videos they give you.

That's not being a "fanboy", that's just a matter of having experience with how BIS markets it's products for over 10 years. If anything needs to be improved, it should be the marketing after the game has been released (though that would probably cost more than BIS can afford), since then people can rate the game at what they get, not what they seemed to be getting and did not get. I'd rather have information at irregular intervals that was accurate than falsified facts that the marketing department came up with every week.