batis4

Binmod Release Thread

Binmod is one of my favourite mods; great AI, sounds, effects, 3D sights and etc.

I have one problem, i got used to 3d sight animations, but when i make big or complex missions it lags a lot :(

I want to make my own config (for personal use) just using Binmod's 3D sights but don't know how, because i tried copying cfgmoves section, .hpp files with animations and Anim.pbo. From the first look it looks like it works but it misses some of the moves because i get stuck while reloading (when not moving) and when trying to change weapon to pistol or rocket launcher, AI is getting stuck also, please could anyone help?

What do i miss? Maybe some scripts from Binmod using switchmove or something in config? :confused:

Binmod is one of my favourite mods; great AI, sounds, effects, 3D sights and etc.

I have one problem, i got used to 3d sight animations, but when i make big or complex missions it lags a lot :(

I want to make my own config (for personal use) just using Binmod's 3D sights but don't know how, because i tried copying cfgmoves section, .hpp files with animations and Anim.pbo. From the first look it looks like it works but it misses some of the moves because i get stuck while reloading (when not moving) and when trying to change weapon to pistol or rocket launcher, AI is getting stuck also, please could anyone help?

What do i miss? Maybe some scripts from Binmod using switchmove or something in config? :confused:

You could try to modify Binmod straightly to your own purposes whatsoever, not creating a totally new mod. There are some conflicts by going in with that method you are going. You are free to do anything in that matter, feel free.

Binmod isn't developed anymore, it came to an end because of the shitloads of problems which had to eventually be faced by SJ-Studios, including lag problems and wrong decisions during the making process, etc. etc.

We have been making a totally new project, which includes nearly every thing that Binmod has, including 3D sights, sounds, A.I, effects etc. etc; only by approaching them with an different style, making it as lag free as possible.

This approach has already been a total success, compiling these things to a more stricter and clearer package, and over double times better of the performance that Binmod has in it's current state; Binmod is nothing compared to it in terms of things stated.

If you have a mainly decent PC, now you can have those 6 vs 6 12-men group battles with tanks and shit blowing up in the background without any haste. This runs on my, already mediocrely outdated PC like a dream in OFP's standards.

The mod's name is Cold War Enhanced. It mainly focuses on Cold War -era units, the first release being totally focused on the '85 units AKA the era that BIS focused on original OFP. Later, we will make further releases - "addon packs (or something like that)" - using the same base system, consisting of Vietnam Era and the 70's. Also an addon pack of Korean War should be on the make at some point too.

If there is interest from anybody, prepare to hear from it very soon.

Well, in hopes I'll not be the only one, I'm definitely interested in "Cold War Enhanced". It sounds very promising, especially that Korean War addon pack. :)

Well, in hopes I'll not be the only one, I'm definitely interested in "Cold War Enhanced".

You're not the only one :)

Well, in hopes I'll not be the only one, I'm definitely interested in "Cold War Enhanced". It sounds very promising, especially that Korean War addon pack. :)
You're not the only one :)

Thanks guys, the lack of activity from our behalf has definitely dropped the interest to near zero considering our mod. It's time to do something refreshing. Look forward to it.

I m French and i dont no speek in english very well, pleas don't think to my read :D

I found some difficulty with instalation of Binmod, because my document is powerless. I don't know where provide this, hall i do following your instruction, don't run they.

I copy a "racourci" of icon originale of "ARMA-cwa.exe" and copy som texte "-mod=Binmod" in propriété, "desktop" target after "exe" hall this after instalation of folder Binmod in OFP, do not remplace folder OFP.

What i other to do ? must i can download other folder of Binmod, remplace ofp originale ? Pleas say me how to do this, in french if your could to do. thankyou very much of you and BIS corporation.

As-tu la version 1.99? Ca ne marche pas pour 1.96.

Have you got the 1.99 version? It doesn't work for 1.96

Hello, thank help to me :D

Yes I have ARMA CWA 1.99 the last version, I had download with steam account.

(mais la cible du raccourci ne fonctionne pas avec "-mod=Binmod" quand je fais appliquer, un message apparait: "le champ cible n'est pas valide, vérifiez que le chemin d’accès et le nom soit valide"), pourtant j'ai enlevé le @ a Binmod, mais rien n'y fait.

Pourquoi ne laisses-tu pas @Binmod? C'est la bonne maniere de lancer un mod.

Why don't you use @Binmod? It's the right way to launch a mod.

;) pas de @ sur la version que j'ai télécharger de Binmod, le dossier se nomme Binmod simplement. Je me souviens avoir télécharger une version qui s'écrivait "@Binmod" mais à cause de beug ils conseillaient de l'enlever, j'ai lu ça dans un passage du forum.

J'ai donc un dossier complet qui se nomme Binmod d'origine mais que je n'arrive pas à lancer grâce à un shorcut de CWA

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

;) pas de @ sur la version que j'ai télécharger de Binmod, le dossier se nomme Binmod simplement. Je me souviens avoir télécharger une version qui s'écrivait "@Binmod" mais à cause de beug ils conseillaient de l'enlever, j'ai lu ça dans un passage du forum.

J'ai donc un dossier complet qui se nomme Binmod d'origine mais que je n'arrive pas à lancer grâce à un shorcut de CWA

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

:mad: Sorry, for this beug

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

:mad: Sorry, for this beug

Ah, Ok. Je suis toujours a la version 1.96 donc je ne peux pas vraiment t'aider pour ce mod autrement qu'en suivant les instructions d'installation fournies au debut de la discussion. Desole.

Ok, I'm still with the 1.96 version so I can't really help you with this mod other than following the install instructions given at the start of the thread. Sorry.

jacoul-croquant, since this is an international forum, please post in English. Or if you're communicating in French, at least try to post an English translation like -Run- does so everyone can understand.

Can't you use a normal file hosting service, for example Mediafire? The links you provided use just awful hosts.

:) Yes I m very sorry,

I know that we hall speak in english, I hop that you had undesrtood my post.

"-RuN-" Sory if you have 1.96 version, but you have not CWA ? can be OFP, there is hard installation mod that Binmod, FFUR or Y2K3 are easiest.

fuuu,can't download 0.98 patch, links are broken or files are deleted. help!!! :butbut:

Yes, it is rather worth it, biowaste. :) Played with Binmod quite a bit for CWA aka 1.99 and the features in it are quite impressive.

Is it worth to wait for the 1.96 version of this mod guys? :-/

Don't wait, it won't happen unfortunately:

Binmod isn't developed anymore, it came to an end because of the shitloads of problems which had to eventually be faced by SJ-Studios, including lag problems and wrong decisions during the making process, etc. etc.

Awww. Well, I'm still enjoying it! :) Does anyone have an updated link for .98 by any chance? I only have .91. :P

Please post a new updated link for the .98 patch. All the links posted are broken.

Also, any news on Cold War Enhanced?

Hello,

here is version 0.99:

https://mega.co.nz/#!AJ8RxaxA!FDt49cqFdtGYY8kYbaL3qAbFMk40ZxNoa_ByW5v%200k4A

Requirements:

- Arma: Cold War Assault

- Fwatch 1.1 (Works without it, but Fwatch is used to fix a few bugs with 3D sight animations.)

- JAM 3

This will be the last release of the mod. It is far away from finished but I hope it is playable. It is left in the state in which it was when I gave up developing it almost a year ago. There is no readme, because I lost the readme files and all older versions of the mod in a hard drive crash and I don't have time to write a new one at the moment.

If anyone wants to use any scripts or parts of code from the mod, feel free to do so.

The easiest way to get the 3D sights to work is to copy this userinfo.cfg file into your user's folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1usozph1xye5pr5/UserInfo.cfg

Make a back up copy of your old userinfo.cfg before replacing it with this! This file is set to work on 4:3 screen, but you all propably know how it can easily be set to fit 16:9 screen. After copying the file adjust all the graphic settings and the user profile to your liking.

Cold War Enhanced will propably be released at some point, but most likely there won't be the kind of addon packs mentioned before. CWE doesn't have as many features as Binmod has, but it should work much better in larger battles. CWE concentrates more on playability and AI rather than effects and additional features. Still, as with Binmod, the main point of the mod is to make the game more realistic and at the same time more fun to play. There are far less units and weapons in CWE than in Binmod, but most of the weapons should be 3D-sight compatible.

Many effects from Binmod are present in CWE, but they are better optimised and they can be turned off. There should be no crashes and far less lag. I'm trying to take all the most important things from Binmod and make them work better and with less lag. Bullet ballistics, 3D sights, animations and enhanced AI are still present in CWE, but I'm afraid DSAI won't be included.

Edited by Wiineri

The link to it requires a decryption key. I even so much as registered to see if that was a reason, but alas it still asks. :/

The link to it requires a decryption key. I even so much as registered to see if that was a reason, but alas it still asks. :/

Revan,

Just ignore that and close it. The download will continue and at the finish you'll be prompted where you want to save it to.

Mega is the rebirth of megauploads, at least there aren't a dozen bogus download buttons. :)