Sign in to follow this  
haggardsoldier

Steam Combined Operations Crash

Hi, I have Arma 2 & OA on Steam. I can run Arma 2 alone, and also OA Alone. But when i click the "Run Combined Operations" button before launch i get a flash of a black DOS screen and then it disappears and nothing happens. I run ACE mod in OA also, if that has any effect.

Hope someone can help, Thanks.

Haggard Soldier

Hi, I have Arma 2 & OA on Steam. I can run Arma 2 alone, and also OA Alone. But when i click the "Run Combined Operations" button before launch i get a flash of a black DOS screen and then it disappears and nothing happens. I run ACE mod in OA also, if that has any effect.

Hope someone can help, Thanks.

Haggard Soldier

Does it never launch? Occasionally it will sometimes run the batch file and not launch, but trying again usually works.

Since you're running ACE, it could also be that you are trying to load too many addons. At least that has happened to me before. I'm not really sure if there's a way to resolve that.

Roger, it never launches. It has worked before but i have reinstalled everything since then, after the new install it does not run CO. Is there another way that i can run CO other than the Steam Launcher? What would happen if i dumped my OA folder into my A2 folder or vica versa?

Please see this thread on how to combine A2 + OA. It works for Steam as well, in fact it's the 'black box' you see when running CO.

Do not move the two folders, that wouldn't help anything and you end up installing everything again.

-cinco, it does it every time. I've tried over 30 times now

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

Please see this thread on how to combine A2 + OA. It works for Steam as well, in fact it's the 'black box' you see when running CO.

Do not move the two folders, that wouldn't help anything and you end up installing everything again.

trying that now, i'll let you know how that works.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Tried that, still does the same thing.