Sign in to follow this  
DAP

S.t.a.l.k.e.r. mod

Hello there, QL.

Some time ago i, inspired by this mod, made a mission based on its scripts adapted to vanilla arma — i. e. not requiring any mods to work, though i made them compatible to A.C.E.-2 too, — and in process, as i usually do, improved them. That means performance-wise (mainly due to porting the scripts to FSM and keeping the load off a client, which allows hundreds of anomalies in a mission without a noticeable performance drop) and effect-wise (like anomaly sounds, visual effects and how they react to different objects). Apart from anomalies, i also remade the dog and radiation scripts and ported a PDA texture from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to GPS.

The mission haven't had a warm welcome due to the idea of anomalies being novel to many (i made it for a regular server) and requiring a bit of time to learn its tricks, so now i simply want my efforts not to be wasted. If you would like so, i can provide you the mission with all these scripts and explain how they work, in case you would need an explanation. Are you interested?

Hello there, QL.

Some time ago i, inspired by this mod, made a mission based on its scripts adapted to vanilla arma — i. e. not requiring any mods to work, though i made them compatible to A.C.E.-2 too, — and in process, as i usually do, improved them. That means performance-wise (mainly due to porting the scripts to FSM and keeping the load off a client, which allows hundreds of anomalies in a mission without a noticeable performance drop) and effect-wise (like anomaly sounds, visual effects and how they react to different objects). Apart from anomalies, i also remade the dog and radiation scripts and ported a PDA texture from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to GPS.

The mission haven't had a warm welcome due to the idea of anomalies being novel to many (i made it for a regular server) and requiring a bit of time to learn its tricks, so now i simply want my efforts not to be wasted. If you would like so, i can provide you the mission with all these scripts and explain how they work, in case you would need an explanation. Are you interested?

Hi.

I think you mod is really GREAT. I also like the idea of tricky anomalies very much, and I've been planning to implement them myself. So, yeah, I'm really interested. Probably I will port my scripts to your mod and use it as a basis for future improvements.

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Does not work, items are not displayed. And does not work at all random respawn and Loading stalker (spawn without all item) if you add to the store of weapons vilas weapon.

Error

bin\config.bin/cfgMagazines.Saiga

And so almost all the weapons and ammunition

Seems like you've picked the wrong type for Saiga and other weapons. For weapons, type number must be 1. Read my guide again and try one more time.

Edited by QL

Hi.

I think you mod is really GREAT. I also like the idea of tricky anomalies very much, and I've been planning to implement them myself. After fixing bugs and adding some features, which would fit this mod perfectly. (like database, random loot, etc — most of them are implemented already). So, yeah, I'm really interested. Probably I will port my scripts to your mod and use it as a basis for future improvements.

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Seems like you've picked the wrong type for Saiga and other weapons. For weapons, type number must be 1. Read my guide again and try one more time.

You just made a mistake in this code

SVOBODA_ITEMS = [ ["M4A1_AIM", 2000[color="#FF0000"], 5,1][/color], ["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", 400[color="#FF0000"], 25, 2],[/color]

but when I did in my code all earned

SVOBODA_ITEMS = [
["M4A1_AIM", 4000, [color="#FF0000"]1, 10][/color],["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", 400[color="#FF0000"], 2, 25][/color],

in any case, thank you very much, was an invaluable lesson

And yet, last question, how to completely remove the system heal? Not indicator, not blooded, not bandage? I want to insert my heal system, but the conflict is not working

I found bug - on a dedicated server does not pick up items from the boxes after purchase. What's the matter?

Edited by Romzet

You just made a mistake in this code
SVOBODA_ITEMS = [ ["M4A1_AIM", 2000[color="#FF0000"], 5,1][/color], ["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", 400[color="#FF0000"], 25, 2],[/color]

but when I did in my code all earned

SVOBODA_ITEMS = [
["M4A1_AIM", 4000, [color="#FF0000"]1, 10][/color],["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", 400[color="#FF0000"], 2, 25][/color],

in any case, thank you very much, was an invaluable lesson

And yet, last question, how to completely remove the system heal? Not indicator, not blooded, not bandage? I want to insert my heal system, but the conflict is not working

I found bug - on a dedicated server does not pick up items from the boxes after purchase. What's the matter?

Oh, really. Sorry for that.

Answer to your question: delete 112th line from init.sqf. It's "player addEventHandler["HandleDamage", {_this execVM "ql_scripts\damage\handle_damage.sqf"}];"

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

Purchase box bug will be fixed in next release.

Hi.

I think you mod is really GREAT. I also like the idea of tricky anomalies very much, and I've been planning to implement them myself. So, yeah, I'm really interested. Probably I will port my scripts to your mod and use it as a basis for future improvements.

I think that's better to discuss privately. Sent you a PM.

how to implement change skins on becoming a bandit?

Just look how DAP does it for other factions.

0.81 beta is out.

Download: http://rghost.net/59244313

STALKER-DB is the database. It's only for servers.

@STALKER folder contains addon files.

mission contains the mission file.

Changes:

1. Bugfixes.

2. Database now works with unique ids. That means this version is not compatible with the previous one. If you're a server you have to delete both .sdb files.

3. Joining faction feature is back. Implemented skin change when joining a faction.

4. NPC's are not immortal anymore.

5. Some minor tweaks.

Thanks for the update will check it out.

Hello there, QL.

This sounds like a great increase in performance.

edit: nvm

Edited by SavageCDN

New version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you for server keys. I tried to set it up last night on dedicated and when I joined the server I just kept dying every 20 seconds or so.

The .dll and .ac files go in the Arma 2 server root directory right?

Thank you for server keys. I tried to set it up last night on dedicated and when I joined the server I just kept dying every 20 seconds or so.

The .dll and .ac files go in the Arma 2 server root directory right?

These files should be located in your A2 root folder(i.e. ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead). My server files are also in this folder.

>kept dying every 20 seconds

Every 40 + random(35) seconds, to be precise. Yeah, that means the game didn't find the dll. Kind of "intended behaviour", lol.

Btw, have you tried to rejoin the server?

Edited by QL

Signed version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

These files should be located in your A2 root folder(i.e. ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead). My server files are also in this folder.

Ok so yeah... same place as Arma2OAServer.exe

>kept dying every 20 seconds

Every 40 + random(35) seconds, to be precise. Yeah, that means the game didn't find the dll. Kind of "intended behaviour", lol.

Btw, have you tried to rejoin the server?

Ah thanks I think I know what the problem is. Windows probably blocked the .dll "for my safety" :p I'll try again tonight.

Edited by SavageCDN

Well not sure what is wrong same issue (death after 30 secs). DLL and AC files are in the root folder of my server (same place as the server .exe) and Windows has not blocked them. Do I need to run the beta 1.63?

Well not sure what is wrong same issue (death after 30 secs). DLL and AC files are in the root folder of my server (same place as the server .exe) and Windows has not blocked them. Do I need to run the beta 1.63?

Nope. Upload your server's .RPT file, I will take a look.

Or you can publish ~200 last lines of your rpt file to the pastebin. That would be faster.

Ah sorry then... forgot our server is running 1.63.125402 which is probably the reason it's not working.

Ah sorry then... forgot our server is running 1.63.125402 which is probably the reason it's not working.

I'm not sure it won't work with beta. I just didn't test it.

Well I'll be your tester then :p You want client and server RPTs?

Server's one. Publish last ~100-200 lines of RPT on the pastebin and give me a link. Thanks for testing.

I want to mention that createSoundSource is global, so you don't need to rSPAWN it in dog script, as it results in one dog barking as (insert player count here) dogs.

Clean server RPT

http://pastebin.com/p16wRfhi

Client RPT if it's useful

http://pastebin.com/qxe387Wc

Unfortunately, your RPT didn't make things clear to me. I tried to launch a server on beta — no success. So you better don't use beta. Also, don't use any other mods with STALKER at the same time. (your rpt told me you were using cba)

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

I want to mention that createSoundSource is global, so you don't need to rSPAWN it in dog script, as it results in one dog barking as (insert player count here) dogs.

Thanks for your advice. I didn't really look into DAP's code closely, because it generally works and editing it can result in new bugs appearing. For now, I edit it only if I want to add new functionality.