Sign in to follow this  
wustehase

Dedicated server not loading certain missions

I've got a personal server set up from another computer in my house. I can connect to it from the server browser, I can login as admin, and I can run certain missions. However, some missions I try to load go straight to waiting for host, then return straight back to the mission select screen. I get this message in game: "Server load: FPS 0, memory used: 0MB, out: 0 Kbps, in: 0 Kbps"

Here's the server logs:

14:02:18 Dedicated host created.
14:02:20 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.112)
14:02:20 Host identity created.
14:02:38 WusteHase uses modified data file - Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead;Arma 2: British Armed Forces;Arma 2: Private Milita
14:02:38 Player WusteHase connecting.
14:02:40 Player WusteHase connected (id=*******).
14:02:57 Admin WusteHase logged in.
14:03:08 Mission CO_MCC_SANDBOX_V1.53 read from bank.
14:03:18 Mission Cipher: VOTT v0.61b read from bank.

As you can see, I tried to load 2 missions. SANDBOX fails and kicks back to mission select, and Cipher loads up as normal. I can join and play no problem.

I'm assuming that it has something to do with the amount of scripts and/or addons are included with the missions that refuse to load, but I'm not savvy enough to know where I need to look or what I need to change when I get there.

If anyone can offer up any suggestions or assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by WusteHase

Probably missing mods. You need to check in the server's .rpt file. Not sure if the Windows dedicated server does things differently to the client but for the latter it's normally (unless you've set a profile location on the command line) in...

Windows Vista/7:

C:\Users\<LoginName>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<LoginName>\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA\

Ok, looking at the .rpt file, showing a lot of this scattered throughout:

Missing addons detected:
 ace_sys_easa
 ace_sys_aitalk
 ace_sys_wounds
 cacharacters_pmc
 cacharacters_baf
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ace_sys_easa, ace_sys_aitalk, ace_sys_wounds, cacharacters_pmc, cacharacters_baf
File description.ext, line 2: '.respawn': Missing ';' at the end of line
ca\missions\MPScenarios\MP_Deathmatch.chernarus: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable
Missing addons detected:
 CAAir_BAF
 caair_baf_ch_47f
 CATracked_BAF
 CAWheeled_D_BAF
 ca_baf
 CACharacters_BAF
 caair_pmc_ka60
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.CAAir_BAF, caair_baf_ch_47f, CATracked_BAF, CAWheeled_D_BAF, ca_baf, CACharacters_BAF, caair_pmc_ka60
File description.ext, line 2: '.respawn': Missing ';' at the end of line

As well as this:

Duplicate magazine 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag detected (id 2:1695) in slots Single and Single
Duplicate magazine 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag detected (id 2:1695) in slots Single and Burst
Duplicate magazine 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag detected (id 2:1695) in slots Single and Single
Duplicate magazine 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag detected (id 2:1695) in slots Single and Burst

And this (Just a bit of it, goes on for a long ways):

Ref to nonnetwork object L 1-1-A:2
Creation of object L 1-1-A:3 failed, state LOGGED IN
Ref to nonnetwork object L 1-1-A:2
Ref to nonnetwork object L 1-1-A:3
Creation of object L 1-1-D:3 failed, state LOGGED IN
Ref to nonnetwork object L 1-1-D:3
Ref to nonnetwork object L 1-1-A:3
Creation of object L 1-1-D:4 failed, state LOGGED IN
Ref to nonnetwork object L 1-1-D:4
Creation of object L 1-1-C:2 failed, state LOGGED IN
Ref to nonnetwork object L 1-1-C:2

The majority of that .rpt file is this stuff, repeated each time I've reset the server. Any ideas?

Seems you did not upload all contents of the arma2\common folder.

;1865897']Seems you did not upload all contents of the arma2\common folder.

Funny, that folder does not exist.

Run ./tolower and fill your s p a c e s in mission names with s_p_a_c_e_s or remove them spaces.

Rename the mission file to lowercase if not and make this change in the server.cfg too.

EDIT: I just saw that the post is from 02-28-2011...

Edited by helldesign

Rename the mission file to lowercase if not and make this change in the server.cfg too.

EDIT: I just saw that the post is from 02-28-2011...

where does he say he is using a 'nix server?

I'm using Windows Server 2012, I have the directories you listed but no .rpt file